Room for Rent and other rental scams
#92134 by Con Warner Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hear from you.I am Henry Morgan, the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of.Actually I resided in the Apartment with my wife our two kids do not live with us anymore,presently we moved away due to my transfer from my working place,my Apartment is Located at 86 Rue Saint-Dominique 75007 Paris, France and presently my Apartment is still available for rent for EUR400/month including the utilities like hydro,washer,gas,internet, council tax and one secured parking Space,it is fully furnished but we can get it unfurnished for you if you prefer that..Now,i will like you to get in touch with my wife Teresa Morgan in Washington states for more details & pictures of our Apartment as She is with the keys and the documents to the Apartment.Please i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person and i spent a lot of money on the property that i am given you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this Apartment and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that.I want you to keep the place tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i eventually come to visit you and see how clean and comfortable it is for you...let us know how soon you are willing to move in as we are deciding very soon on who to take our Apartment.Email my wife Teresa, on ([email protected]) she will attend to you. Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,
Henry Morgan.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement