Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#8238 by sandyg723 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:12 am
I would like to let everyone know that the name of the people who scammed me were Nora Carter/ [email protected] ,Felix Figuero and ideal pet movers out of Dallas(supposedly), [email protected] ,on a pet for adoption scam.The phone number used was 901-217-3565/2064247253 (not sure what the last number is). If it's to good to be true it usually is a scam. Sorry I had to learn the hard way along with the rest of the good people out there. If any one knows where else to post this warning please contact me. I would like to post in all the places I can about this!!!!!!
Advertisement

#8240 by Jillian Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am
Hi Sandy and welcome. :D

I'm sorry you were scammed. Thank you for taking the time to post this information about the scammers.
I have split your post to it's own thread here about Pet Scammers.

If you would like more places to post the information, I suggest doing searches for anti fraud forums and sites that focus on Pet adoption, etc . If you would like this scammer to have some of his time and resources wasted, please visit our sister site, www.419Eater.com. To post the information there you will need to include it in the context of a scam email or link to an ad/profile. If it's posted there, scambaiters will contact the scammer and pretend to be a victim, stringing him along.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#47407 by mandie1969 Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:20 am
hi just to let you all know that we have been scammed saw an advert on a site sent the payment and then had nothing but problems and then they wanted another £322.00 for pet insurance and vacinations and said then that once they had recieved this the puppy would be at my home just wished i had done some research before handing over any money but hey it happens but can't beleive how they have the nerve to keep emailing you appologising and still guarenteing you the puppy well they didn't get the rest of the money from us ! ALL I WANT TO DO IS WARN PEOPLE AND HERE ARE THE ADDRESSES THAT THEY WERE EMAILING ME FROM JUST SO PEOPLE CAN BE AWARE IN CASE THEY REPLY TO AN ADVERT !!!!!!!

[email protected] AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE SUPOSEIDLY COURIER COMPANY IS [email protected]
AND THESE ARE A COUPLE OF THE EMAILS I RECEIVED FROM THEM
CHECK POINT
CLIENT INFORMATION NOTIFICATION FEMALE CHIHUAHUA.

SAFE YOUR PET
INTERNATIONAL SURGEONS AND VETERINARIANS CHECK OUT POINT GLASGOW

DEAR CUSTOMER:
***** this email is hand written by customer service allocator, apologies for any misunderstanding******

WE ARE MAKING A CONFIRMATION TO YOU THAT WE ARE NOW IN MANCHESTER COMING TO YOUR HOUSE WITH YOUR PUPPY BUT WE HAVE A LITTLE PROBLEM WITH YOUR PUPPY BECAUSE THE PUPPY NEED SOME VACCINE AND THE PUPPY TRAVEL INSURANCE :

WE RECEIVED DEPARTURE SIGNAL FOR A FEMALE CHIHUAHUA PUPPY ( 10 WEEKS OLD) DATED TODAY ** DIRECTION FROM SCOTLAND TO MY ADDRESS
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL £322 FOR REFUNDABLE PET TRAVEL INSURANCE AND FOR SOME VACCINE NEEDED FOR THE PUPPY, AND THE MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU WHEN YOUR PET ARRIVAL YOUR HOME TODAY. AT EXACTLY 10:00AM

YOUR PUPPY NEED TO BE FULLY COVERED BY THE 24HOURS ( ONE DAY ) INSURANCE AND VACCINE GIVEN TO THE PUPPY BY PET CONTROL TEAM COURIERS.

SO WE ARE NOW IN THE PET CONTROL TEAM BOAD IN MANCHSTER AND THE PET CONTROL HAD HOLD THE PUPPY FOR THE PET INSURANCE AND SOME VACCINE NEEDED FOR THE PUPPY BEFORE WE CAN PROCEED WITH DELIVERY TO YOUR LOCATION TODAY. SO PLEASE YOU NEED TO DO THIS VERY VERY FAST BECAUSE IT IS VERY VERY URGENT

MANCHESTER,
UK

WALSALL
UK

Plan And Book Your Flight

Return One Way Multicity

PRESENT LOCATION OF PUPPY ****************** MANCHESTER CITY

DELIVERY STATUS *********************************** ACTIVE

ARRIVAL TIME AT RECEIVERS RESIDENCE **** 10:00AM

PET VALUE ********************************************** HIGHLY RATED

CHARGES TO BE PAID FROM PRESTON HOUSE TO RECEIVERS HOUSE ( CHECK BELOW )

AMOUNT TO BE PAID FOR INSURANCE AND VACCINE FOR YOUR PUPPY £322.00

* The Insurance and Quarantine service center for the UNITED KINGDOM PET CONTROL which is the first Port of check-out HAS CONFIRM That your puppy have no Insurance Certification and also need some vaccine for the puppy to be proceeding the delivery of the Pet.
In law Flag of the United Kingdom
Many jurisdictions around the world have enacted statutes which forbid cruelty to some animals (PETS) but these vary by country and in some cases by the use or practice.
In the United Kingdom, cruelty to animals is a criminal offense and one may be fined or jailed for it for up to five years. On February 15, 1911, the House of Commons introduced the Protection of Animals act on behalf of the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (R.S.P.C.A.). The maximum punishment was 6 months of "hard labour" with a fine of 2500.00 Pounds.
Aggression against Cats, Dogs, and People. In Cruelty to Animals and Interpersonal Violence: Readings in Research and Applications.. Press Release, 159-167. Jail Term 25Years in Prison
The said insurance Certificate is Re-fundable upon arrival of the puppy

If the insurance certificate is not provided within 24hours, we shall place the puppy under PET ABUSE AND ABANDONING, which is punishable by law according to the rules above.

Cost of over night Bill Policy calculated by our statisticians calculated Below...

CALCULATION PER PET FOR FEMALE CHIHUAHUA PUPPY TO WALSALL
Veterinary invoice* Amount paid by policyholder Benefit schedule allowance per-incident** Amount reimbursed by VPI when pet arrives your home
Comprehensive exam and treatment fees (medications and laceration Guide) £222.00 £00.00 £222.00
Anesthesia and Feeding Care
£100.00 £00.00 £100.00
Total claim amount filed with VPI AFTER ARRIVAL
£322.00
VPI per-incident deductible
£2.00
Sub-total of eligible expenses £322.00

How Reimbursements Work
Typically pet insurance provider, uses one of the three methods in determining reimbursements: listed below:

* CASH ( When Pet courier arrives your Home )
* BANK TRANSFER ( Three bank working days after arrival )
* MASTER CARD, DEBIT CARD, VISA CARD... ( Direct Transfer)

The Department of Insurance (DOI) & Policyholders through their statisticians knows the % reimbursement which is available for pet’s accidents, injuries and illnesses........
Details about the ONLINE CHECK IN will be filled and emailed over to your when we confirm Re-Fundable Insurance change. E.g filled out the Booking information's and booking reference with last name.

NOTE
WE HAVE ATTACHED COPY OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
TICKET (DELIVERY)
VET RECORDS
INSURANCE CERTIFICATE (TEMPORAL REFUNDABLE)

ABOUT THE PAYMENT OF THE CHARGE, YOU ARE TO PAY USING THE WESTERN UNION ADDRESS AND DELIVERY WILL BE DIRECTLY PROCEED TO YOUR DOOR STEPS TODAY AT EXACTLY 10:00AM

Online Check In
The image http://www.petinsurance.com/~/media/VPI ... ealth.ashx cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Ticket ref no. Need help call us at
e.g 7062480112024
Van number

Check my Details
Kenya AirwaysBooking Reference
Kenya AirwaysLast Name
HEATHER GOODMAN

*Veterinary fees vary CITY to CITY, per your veterinarian's discretion...
**The benefit allowance amount replenishes with each new incident. An incident is a new condition that causes you to consult a veterinarian. Chronic or ongoing conditions, such as allergic dermatitis, are considered to be one incident no matter how many times a veterinarian is consulted.
***VPI pays 95% of covered veterinary expenses up to the benefit schedule, less your £5 per-incident deductible.

CITY veterinarians conduct all tests to be sure of its health ** RESULT ** EXCELLENT

INSURANCE COVER PREMIUM LINE

DELIVERY IN PROCESS
AND ONE FROM THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE PUPPIES AND SUPPOSED TO LIVE IN SCOTLAND
yes the baby will arrive your house tomorrow morning okay this is not a jock okay. just stay calm and wait for tomorrow morning okay. for i promiss you every thing gonna be fine with you okay. and i have call the delivery agency to ask the exact time and they told me that they will arrive your house tomorrow by 10:00am okay. so please the baby will arrive your house tomorrow with no problem okay. thanks you talk to you tomorrow morning because i need to have some rest for now okay . just be calm every thing is fine okay. thanks
Hi just had a phone call from the delivery agency that they just have a little problem with one of their costomers pet in the delivery van . and i was been told that they need to arrange the problem first before proceed with delivery to your house . and that they can not proceed with delivery tonight because of the bad wether so they can only arrive your house tomorrow morning okay. because if they do try to continue tonight like the baby life is in denger so please just be calm and wait for PRINCESS tomorrow morning okay. please just understand because it will not be good for the baby to arrive your house tonight beacuse of the bad wether we have now okay . so please just be calm and every thing gonna be fine tomorrow morning ok,
thanks.
SO PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE BE AWARE BE VERY AWARE
IT HAS TOUGHT ME A LESSON CAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AND IT HAS
#47431 by Bubbles Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners mandie1969. I am sorry that you got scammed by this criminal. You have explained in your account how these criminals work. They come up with delay after excuse to get you to send money to them to get the pet they have advertised. Sadly, there is not pet, only more reasons to send money.

Yes scammers can use different emails to send this poison around to as many potential victims as possible. Many different scammers use the same script. The effect is the same, they take money from unsuspecting individuals.

Thank you for posting the account of what happened to you with this additional information. It is helpful even if someone has gotten caught up in a scam.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.