Room for Rent and other rental scams
#437529 by Michelle Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:12 pm
Madelaine lopez Vanegas <[email protected]>

Thank you for your reply!
You seem like a very nice person and I would be very happy to have you as a tenant! :) :)
Based on advice from a family lawyer and given that this would be our first transaction, we were advised to use a licensed third party to mediate our first transaction. So, I'm going to list my apartment on Airbnb - the largest and most secure rental company in the world at the moment - I'm sure you've heard of it or used it at least once in the past.

For the next step, I will activate my Airbnb login link and make it available to you. You just need to make your reservation for one month. Airbnb will then send you the invoice and payment instructions for one month + the 510 EUR deposit + 1000 EUR = 1,510 EUR. If you wish for several months I can give you a discount.

As soon as Airbnb receives confirmation of payment, a Dutch employee will be assigned to meet you and inspect the apartment. The agent will have the keys and all the necessary documents, including the authorization that we have signed.

At this point, there are two options after the inspection:

1) If you like the apartment and choose to rent it long term, complete the transaction with the Airbnb representative, who is fully licensed and authorized by me through authorization to rent the apartment to you. The rental contact is fully flexible to meet both of our requirements. So if you want to add or remove anything from the contract, we can do it. I am a reasonable person and don't have to worry about anything :).
Then you need to authorize Airbnb to release my funds.
2) If, after viewing the apartment, you decide you don't want to rent it (for whatever reason), Airbnb will refund your money in full, as the cancellation policy is completely flexible. (I'm more than sure you'll fall in love with the place anyway :)).
I hope you understand the steps of the transaction. They will NOT send me the money, Airbnb will. They can't access the funds without your permission, so you're 100% protected.
So basically you have nothing to lose and I'm also sure you're genuinely interested in renting it.

This Airbnb transaction is a single transaction. If you decide to rent the apartment after the inspection, the remaining monthly payments will be sent directly to me. We will discuss these details after the inspection.

I would also like to inform you that a former "renter" let me fly to the Netherlands for free and decided not to answer my cell phone when I arrived ...

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this long email. Please let me know if I can activate your ad and give you the link to my Airbnb entry.

Kisses,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#438885 by Troy Platt Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:32 pm
Subject: Apartment in Prins Hendrikkade 12, 1012 TK Amsterdam

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my Apartment in Prins Hendrikkade 12, 1012 TK Amsterdam, 2 rooms - 90m².

I bought this apartment for my daughter when she was studying in the Netherlands, but now she is back in Spain, so I rent the apartment indefinitely.

Before we go any further, I would like to know a bit about you, how many people you would like to live in the apartment, when you would like to move in and for how long.

The apartment is exactly as you can see in the pictures. Utilities (heating, hot/cold water, electricity, wifi, dishwasher, washer and dryer, microwave, refrigerator, etc.) are included in the rent. Also included are a storage room and a parking space.
I can offer the apartment furnished or unfurnished - here you can decide when we meet, when you do the inspection and whether you want to keep the apartment or not.

The rent is 630 EUR/month. The deposit is 1000 EUR and you will get it back when you leave the apartment (please let me know at least 30 days before your departure, so I can find a new guest).

You can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. My daughter is building her life here and I am too old to move to the Netherlands, so we will not disturb you in any way.
Now, a little about me, so we can get to know each other better. My name is Madelaine Lopez Vanegas and I am 56 years old. I work for the Ministry of the Interior of the Spanish government in Madrid and plan to retire in the next two years.
I have a wonderful husband, Juan, and a 26-year-old daughter, Sofia. I am very proud to be a grandmother soon :). Another member of our family is an 8 year old Labrador that we all love. So I have no problem if you want to keep pets in the apartment.

The only inconvenience is that my job doesn't allow me to leave Madrid.

I hope you are serious about renting because I have to make some small sacrifices to make this transaction.

Thank you very much, please let me know if you are ready to proceed so I can explain the next steps and the solution for this.

All the best from Spain!

Stay safe and healthy!

P.S. I hope you understand the text as translated on the internet. For better communication, please reply in English if possible.

Google is your friend!

Every email I've posted is a scam. Contacting the email addresses associated with my posts may lead to a loss of money for you. Do not let the scammers know they are posted here!