Room for Rent and other rental scams
#423127 by Michelle Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:40 pm
Julia Rodriguez" <[email protected]>

Dear interested party,

Thank you for your interest. I bought this apartment for my son during his studies, but now he is back home in Barcelona (Spain) so I am renting the place for an unlimited time.

Before we go any further, I would like to know a little about you, how many people do intend to live in the apartment, what is your job and your fixed income? How old are you? And for how long will you stay?

The apartment is exactly like in the pictures, completely furnished and renovated this year. Also very important, the additional costs: water, electricity, heating, gas, internet, cable TV, garbage disposal, are included in the price of 260 euros per month and I think that should be convenient for you. All the bills are paid by me and you only pay the rent per month. The deposit is also € 520 and you will get it back if you decide to leave the apartment (you have to give notice of at least 1 month). You can use my furniture or you can use your own if you prefer.

I am a neuro-oncology doctor from Barcelona. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from here quickly and easily. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Have a good day!

Julia Rodriguez

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#423148 by Michelle Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:08 am
Julia Rodriguez" <[email protected]>

The address is Am Volkspark 81 10715 Berlin. First of all I have to inform you that the price you have to pay for the first month of rent is 260 euros (money for the first month you move in my apartment), and I also ask for a security deposit of 520 euros, so in total you have to pay 780 euros so that you can move into my apartment (no other additional costs).

If you will pay 6 months in advance then you will get a 10% discount on the total amount, and 20% discount for 12 months paid in advance.

I am ready to send you the keys so that you can visit and check the apartment. The key transfer and the rental agreement (signed by me) will be done by Christie's Realestate (https://christies-realestate.com/), and they will also help us with the 3rd-party transaction so that the process is secure and transparent.

To start the transaction with Christie's Realestate, you need to send me the following information:

Full name:

Full address:

Phone number:

How many months do you pay:

Date you want to move with the one in the apartment:

Now to know how the process goes: With all of this information I will go to Christie's Realestate office and start the transaction. When they have the keys from me they will send you a shipping notice saying they have the keys and all the documents.

When you receive the notification of delivery from Christie's Realestate you will have to transfer them the money for the agreed amount (780 euros), according to their instructions. Your payment must be done within 24 hours or sooner after the transaction has started.

After you have paid the deposit, you will have to send Christie's Realestate the transfer confirmation of your payment so that they know that you have already paid the deposit. Christie's Realestate will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will deliver the keys and the rental contract to you within 48 hours.

Christie's Realestate will send an agent to meet in person with you in order to show you the apartment and see that everything is in order. If you are happy with the conditions of the apartment just sign the rental agreement and you can move straight away. However, if you are not satisfied with the apartment for any reason, the agent is able to give your money back immediately and they will return my keys and void the rental agreement.

Even if you are currently renting another apartment and you do cannot move immediately, we can still make the deal as I explained it now and keep the apartment reserved for until you are able to move in.

I will pay for the agency's services so there is no additional cost for you.

I am waiting for a quick reply from your because I still have some other people interested and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Julia Rodriguez

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.