HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#401354 by Ravenlord31 Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:07 pm
Hello everyone,

Sorry to bother you; I'm in need of your expert skills :) I was searching around online for a pair of boots that I really want, but they're out of stock pretty much everywhere, and are no longer produced. I was quite happy when I found them on https://www.maharajabcn.es , and was about to make a purchase, however there were a couple of potential red flags which made me hesitant to actually put the order through.

Would you please be so kind as to give it a look?

Here's what I've found so far:
- no company info, address, or phone number
- no product reviews, no mention of this shop on Google ANYWHERE
- some knitwear products have chinese names, and there's "cn" at the end of the domain
- managed to found another "shop" that seems to be an EXACT copy in terms of design, subpages, text, products - https://www.treboldeoro.es/
- didn't get a confirmation email from them after registering an account
- their SSL is a free one, the kind that usually comes with some hosting packages; it's only registred for 3 months (Nov 2019 - Feb 2020), but I guess it could be set to renew automatically so not sure if this should seem suspicious or not
- the logos in the page footer (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) seem fake; there's more logos like that when I proceed to checkout, and those ones seem to be low-resolution, I can actually see the pixels; Western Union is present, but not Paypal;
- did a domain whois lookup, and the hosting is provided by a Chinese company - DNSPOD, the servers are in Finland

Is there any chance that it might be a legitimate (although very-poorly-set-up) webshop that sells products from China via drop-shipping ?

Thank you for taking the time to read this message!

Kind regards,
Radu
Advertisement

#401355 by AlanJones Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Chinese companies are not something that we can help you with as we have no way of validating whether the company is legitimate or not. But from the number of red flags you have raised, I personally wouldn't be placing an order with them.

It's very likely that you would receive nothing or cheap fakes worth less than you paid.

Locking this as it is outside the scope of our expertise.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.