HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#398653 by Question Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:56 pm
I was contacted by a guy, who called himself Archie Barry at the dating site Matchaffinity recently. I’m 95% certain it was a scammer.

We wrote for a few weeks. He claimed to be 51, from Wales and that his wife pasted away 3 years ago. His email adress was [email protected]. He declared his love and then he suddenly was on his way to Turkey to work as subcontractor for two months.

There’s more, like his phone no, pictures and what he wrote but I just thought I’d like to share this first If it could be of help for anyone else.
Advertisement

#398654 by Arnold Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:51 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners.
That's certainly typical of a romance scam. The claimed move to Turkey means he will claim to have short term financial problems and will ask you for money.

#398678 by Question Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:57 am
Thank you, Arnold.

I tried to include pictures of him, but couldn´t get it to work. Here´s an example of one of his e-mails, to warn others:

"There is so much I want to tell you, a lot has been running through my mind lately. I have troubles writing it to words and i hope you get to understand how i really feel.I can't tell you enough how much I love you, my heart aches for you every moment and every minute of the day. Everyday, I live and breath for you, I prepare for you and feel that you will very soon be in my arms and have no worries again.I try hard to be strong for you, life gets in the way at times. I am a man and will have emotional times,its hard to write my feelings at times so that you don't misinterpret me and I upset you.I want to experience crazy love forever with you.I want to be in my Fifty's and still make out with you like a little schoolboy. I want to cook a meal with you and we totally ruin it.I want you to be the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing I see when I go to sleep.I want to build a bond that will hold us together when things arise.I wish things would be easy and there not, i believe it's hard because God is preparing us for each other..We had to grow and make mistakes and travel distances to find each other and to find your heart that connects with mine.Black heart (cards) When we meet it may be magical and awkward and we will be a little shy and then our hearts meet we will rejoice..I want to love you and be with you for at least forever if not a little longer. I couldn't really express in words what I'm feeling right now so I decided to share with you how i feel for you.

I want you to know that I haven't found someone i wanted to spend the rest of my life with since the death of my late wife not until I met you. I'm really crazy about you, everything about you.
Archie"