Advance fee loan scams and fraudulent loan sites.
#396995 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 am
Has anyone heard of this company called Ellis Investments LLC? They are purportedly a private lender based in New York and they target people via LinkedIn. They ask for an insurance cost payment upfront before creating a fake account from which funds can't be transferred out. Already paid some and considered as a loss. Ironically they issue documents and receipts prior to the final snafu.
I'm based outside the US by the way.

Can anyone comment about this? Thank You.
Advertisement

#396996 by Tim Atem Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:21 am
It's a scam. Don't give them any more information and don't respond to any more of their emails. No legitimate lender requires fees upfront for your loan, and most lenders cannot lend outside their country.

Can you post some of their emails, including email addresses/phone numbers? Make sure to remove your personal information before posting.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#396997 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:35 am
Thank You Tim for your response.

ELLIS INVESTMENT LLC <[email protected]>

Hello Sir
Attached is our loan terms and condition which you are required to review and get back to us, if you are in agreement with the terms of our service so we can have you fill out our loan application form to enable your loan fund transaction process.

Kindly revert back to me anytime soon.

Regards,
Marc Douglas
Executive Senior Loan Officer
#396998 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 am
Ellis Investments LLC (EIL)
390 Congress Avenue East, Williston NY, 11596, USA
Zip Code: 1001
City: New York
State: New York
Phone: +1(929) 524-5953

This is the address that they list on their documents.
#396999 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:45 am
ELLIS INVESTMENT LLC
Aug 24, 2019, 11:03 PM
to me

Hello Anand

The insurance cost will be paid to the broker details below;

Account Name : Jane Gibson
Account number : [b][color=#008000]<snipped - Tim>[/color][/b]
Routing number : 044000037
Bank name : Chase bank
Swift code : Chasus33
Bank address: 141 E.High Ave. New Philadelphia,OH 44663

Note: it’s important that you send us a copy of the transaction/payment slip to confirm payment. This will be needed for record purpose and will also be added to your file.

In the meantime we are working to ensure that this transaction is completed within the next couple of days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,Hi. Marc,

Just a few questions:

1. What is the name of the company that is the insurance broker?

2. Where/How will you be opening the account to deposit the loan quantum and how will I be able to access the funds from my country?

3. Which A/C do I make the monthly installments to you?

Thank You.

ELLIS INVESTMENT LLC
Aug 26, 2019, 9:31 PM
to me

Hello
Hope you had a nice weekend we work with an independent insurer, and we have worked with her for your. Once the insurance cost is paid to the broker, she will insure your loan with any insurer that pleases her. It’s the brokers job and so we allow her do her job, which she has done for us for years now. This is not something you should be bothered with. The important thing is that we get your transaction completed.

2. The loan account opening is part of the closing process, you will be informed every part of the way about this as we proceed. Once opened, you will have full access to this account and will able to transfer to your local account from there.

3. Monthly payment will be made to the loan account also.

I hope I have answered your questions?

Regards,
Marc.
Last edited by Tim Atem on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed account number.
#397000 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:47 am
Hello

The insurance cost will be paid to the broker details below;

Account Name : Jane Gibson
Account number : <snipped - Tim>
Routing number : 044000037
Bank name : Chase bank
Swift code : Chasus33
Bank address: 141 E.High Ave. New Philadelphia,OH 44663

Note: it’s important that you send us a copy of the transaction/payment slip to confirm payment. This will be needed for record purpose and will also be added to your file.

In the meantime we are working to ensure that this transaction is completed within the next couple of days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Marc Douglas.
Ellis Investments LLC
#397001 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:48 am
Above are the key info about this company.

Please take note and please be warned.

Stay safe everyone.
#397012 by Anand55 Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 am
The fake account that was set up purportedly from Rothschild Bank.

[email protected]
5:45 PM (2 hours ago)
to me

Dear ,

The non-resident ICA account require a minimum opening balance of $4,250 with Rothschild Bank withholding a $250 as the banking charge and the rest in your new account. Hence the requested fee, therefore it is MANDATORY. The $4250 will be credited to your online account for the online account activation. Only then can you transfer $154,000.

As for assurance and your concern about being able to transfer to your local A/C, that should not be a concern or your worries. Almost all banks are able to carry out international online transfer and so as a huge financial institution that we are I do not think this should be a cause of concern.

I will instruct you on how to make payment on your request.

Sincerely,

John L. Freeland

Standing Audit & Supervisor
Relationship Management| International Remittance Department
Rothschild Bank
Foreign Account Department/General Ledger Department (GLD)