HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#396672 by doveyy04 Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:55 pm
I purchased a pet camera from Amazon, I received it about 2 days later so very quick. After 2 weeks of use I had 2 occasions where the camera would go offline, it wasn’t a massive issue but annoying and I gave a mixed review on Amazon for it.

About a week later (2 days ago) I received a very poorly worded email from someone Chinese saying sorry about your product, can I send you a replacement free of charge, I said ok as I gather they would then want me to remove the mixed review. Then yesterday I receive another email saying they are not in stock can I send you a full refund, I said ok. Then I get another email today saying is your PayPal email address ..... as the money is waiting.

Now firstly I didn’t pay with PayPal, secondly this product wasn’t sent from China as I got it super quick. I checked the amazon site for the camera and it is indeed out of stock but I want to know is this a scam? What can they get from knowing my PayPal email address ?

Thank you for any advice
Advertisement

#396711 by AlanJones Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:13 pm
Sorry, but this is outside the scope of this forum and not something that we can help you with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.