HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#384503 by CMFlores198137 Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:37 pm
Hi, I was contacted about a year ago on Instagram, by a James Jordan Pleasants. Currently in the US army deployed in Syria, he has 1 child and will be 34 years old.. he is originally he says from Dallas Tx, he told me he has been in the army for 6 years and has 4 more years to go ..
He moved the talking and conversation to hangouts, I have seen tons of his pictures on Instagram, MySpace, Facebook and other sites, when confronting him, he replied that he reported them, his Instagram page now is private and I would like to now if he is real ? He has scammed out of lots of money to help him and his daughter thank you
CM
Advertisement

#384509 by AlanJones Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:45 pm
Please post the email address he is using and a sample of the early messages that he sent to you (with your details removed).

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#384510 by Terminator5 Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:08 pm
Also post or private message links to any online profiles so we can look at them .

This is most certainly a scam . The photos are stolen no doubt and possibly a real soldier's ID .
Thx

Daniel 8 :25
#384609 by AlanJones Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 am
He is 100% a scammer.

The reason that he hasn't replied to messages sent to the us.army.mil email address is that he has no access to it, he has just given it to you to appear real and will try and make excuses for why he can't receive your mail to it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.