Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#200962 by Missyxxo Sat May 10, 2014 6:50 am
PLEASE be careful of the website http://www.adpost.com many scammers go there and attract us by posting up photos "fakes photos" of not only animals but other things, I almost lost $300. I was after a puppy, so i started emailing this person not knowing it was all a scam, it got to the point where i was suppose to make a payment of $300 for the puppy to be shipped over to me, the scammer said, to use WESTERN UNION to make the payment and, the scammer said they would send a copy of the courier conformation to confirm my details and steps on how to make the payment after the payments is made they said the puppy with be activated to fly over. When the courier link was sent to me i knew something was wrong, it didn't look professional at all and bad spelling ect, So i called this "courier company" which is actually a company that these scammers use to look "real" and the lady over the phone said...."This has happened before, a couple last week lost $600, we do NOT deliver animals we are a storage company. THANKFULLY i didn't lose my $300 so i tested this scammer by telling my friend to email them and ask and pretend to be interested about the same puppy the scammer sent the same emails to my friend as did to me, even the same photos of this dog and said the puppy is available. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS EMAIL AND NAME: Sofia Miller ([email protected]) also on the website Adpost.com if you search up for puppies, a lot of names will show up of people advertising puppies the scammers name on Adpost is: Melane Ferry this scammer has many dogs up for adoption and all around the price of $300. Also the other email used is: [email protected] THIS IS FAKE! that is not a real email sent by anyone shipping pets.

How to tell its a SCAM:
No mention of location or ANY mention whatsoever of Cameroon
(Cameroon = scam 100% of the time)
- Bad grammar and spelling
- Vague reply that does not make sense or relate well to your ad or enquiry
- They often abuse yahoo free mail
- Reference to pounds and inches, not metrics
- Shipping from overseas, or any type of domestic shipping/flights (you should always
MEET the animal.
- Wants Moneygram or Western union payment or other irreversible wire payment
- Avoids giving address/phone number
- Expensive purebred puppy for free or cheap, you just pay shipping
(sounds too good to be true)
Advertisement

#382895 by superstarangelgirl Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 pm
Hi,
I saw this ad on adpost and i don't know if it's a scam or not because the seller said that he had a job transfer and the puppies are for free. He said that he moved to Melbourne and he said i may visit the puppies but I'm not able to as I live in Sydney but he said hell ship them here and i don't know if i should believe him.
#382898 by AlanJones Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 am
It's a scam.

Get your puppies locally from a registered breeder or rescue centre. You'll avoid being scammed and see the puppy before you buy it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.