Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#361307 by Tammy18 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:09 am
I recently posted an ad to sell my puppies. Since then I've had several people contact me from out of state saying they would like to buy one by sending me a check or money order and having an agent or mover come get the puppy when the check has cleared. I'm pretty sure they are scammers but I couldn't figure it out bc they wouldn't be able to get the puppy until the check cleared. Am i right?
Advertisement

#361308 by Mike Wilson Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:15 am
They are gong to send a fake check that may actually get the funds posted to your account. They are hoping that you will send the shipping fee to the fake shipper before you and your bank discover the check is a fake.

Please post a full copy of one of he emails. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#361309 by Tammy18 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:27 am
Thank you, its heartbreaking they would use puppies. Also i was contacted thru text not email.
#361310 by Mike Wilson Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:34 am
The best thing to do now is to stop all contact with the scammer by either blocking or ignoring the messages.
Do not tell them that yu know it is a scam, just go silent and let them wonder what went wrong.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon