Learn about us and introduce yourself
#348459 by mumindalen Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:04 am
I am writing because my dad is currently being contacted by a law firm located in America promising a large settlement of more than $300,000 for his share in Presidential Resorts. I have my doubts in this as they keep asking for fees. According to my dad they have had him pay in several banks in china and dubai. I was able to reach a manager in dubai and finally after providing a copy of the paperwork was told the account is under review but they will not give me any other details.

Unfortunately, this has came at a very hard time for our family as we have recently lost our mum. Does anyone have any advice I can give my dad on this? He was contacted again this past Friday by Charles Berkley and asked to pay to china again but this time for tax to america which does not sound right. Why would the IRS be involved? Does anybody know who we can speak with in america who can tell me more for this? I have emailed the bank in china but am waiting for them to reply back to me.
Advertisement

#348546 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

You will have to post more details.

Post the emails received. Remove your dad's personal information from them prior to submitting.

Do not post emails he or you sent.

Post all email addresses and phone numbers they used.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/