Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#340571 by canadianbill Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:06 pm
Hello there

A friend of mine got an email out of the blue from a company claiming to be a recruiter in New York for a really good job position. The job position was not given nor any details of the company as my friend was asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement first before details could be gained. He looked at the company itself (tprecruiting.com) and although it says it is an incorporated company there are no records of any company filings with the SEC or any other body. The phone number is a 1-888-504-1071 which as we know could be for anywhere. My friend has not been asked for any money but did send them his resume which contained some personal information. I am concerned about my friend falling for a scam and potential identify theft.

None of the people listed who work for the company have any LinkedIn profiles and have been recruiting allegedly for 20 years.

Any advice?
Advertisement

#340582 by LulaSvob Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:03 pm
Hi,

I was contacted by them as well and I did send a CV too.

They we quite vague when describing where they got my contacts from.
I am waiting for the NDA right now but am in doubts whether to sign it or not.

Probably will stall for couple of days ...

Asked them for details about where they got my contacts. Will see if they answer.

Edit:
When you search google by image for their executive recruiter, the results are not what one would expect to find:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed out side link
#340602 by Laan Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 am
Hi,

I received an email yesterday from them as well (see below) ... My background really does not fit for a C-level position ... I will not reply and observe the feedback here for starters.

Hello xxxx,
I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am CEO/Founder of TP Recruiting Inc. and our client has retained us to fill various C-level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.
If you are interested in learning more, please reply back to this email with an updated copy of your resume and I will connect you with the recruiter leading this project and schedule an introductory call.
P.S: We are a retained search firm and get paid by the employer. You will not be asked to share any confidential information or pay any fees.
Best Regards,
Kevin Ross
CEO/Executive Recruiter
#340749 by lem Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:09 am
I received the same thing about a week ago. I expressed interest and they sent the NDA. But in the meantime I searched the Internet, LinkedIn, Glassdoor and could not find a single thing for any of the folks listed on their website or a mention of this company in any list of recruiters. So I wrote to the person, Alan Johnson and asked for client references and other company informaton and never heard back.

Obvioulsy a scam. Do not sign the agreement!
#340754 by trinibajan Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:36 pm
Well I feel foolish, it did seem questionable. Thanks everyone for sharing, as I experience the exact scenarios as everyone. Initially thought the images were 'legit' but after googling the number, this forum came up.

What would they have to gain from your resume and the signed NDA?
#340772 by jeffpnw Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:00 pm
A friend/former colleague and I also received an email from a contact named Kevin Ross. I thought it was suspect for the CEO to do the initial reach out. As pointed out, the company and contacts including Ross and Alan Johnson, are not on LinkedIn. Moreover, their website has very little detail for a supposed proven company in the business for 20 years. SBwire has a press release, dated Sept 7, 2017, about TP Recruiting about having to fill in numerous C-level positions. Fake news? I doubt there are "countless of vacancies for C-level positions which need to be filled."
#340851 by Fitcaorp Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 am
Hi all,

I also received the email from Kevin Ross then Alan Johnson. I did signed the NDA and submitted my resume. I was told, my resume was rejected from their system and asked me to send my resume to ‘resume testers.com’ for reviewing. I did and my resume got and average score. The report from resumetesters.com let me know that some keys sections were missing on my resume. I revised the resume but have not submitted to tp recruiting yet. Should I proceed?
#340857 by AlanJones Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 am
The domain resumetesters.com does not exist, please confirm the correct website/email address that you were dealing with.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#341551 by tomb_spurs Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 am
I went through the exact same. First got out-of-the-blue email from Kevin. The timing got me because I am looking for work via a couple of high-level (reliable) contacts. Then followed up on me by Alan. I had to sign NDA, which I did via an e-sign service. Then submit Resume .... which I did in both Word and PDF, which they said their system failed to upload and had to be added manually. Then told to wait for feedback from a call they had scheduled with the client the following week....to then be told it all fell through due to 'conflicts of interest'.

I had no alarm bells at the outset. But by the end, despite checking professional looking website and ringing the phone number from the UK (I got a professionally recorded message), I was very sceptical.

My concern focuses around the e-sign procedure. I had to install software to complete the signing. Now I know they are BS, I suspect the software came with all sorts of malware.

Anyone have same concerns?
#341556 by Fitcaorp Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:30 am
I use the iPhone app to sign NDA so far no malware or any kind. I also had last email from Alan mention about the deal fell of because of conflict of interest. I did not submit my updated resume though.

I still wonder what can they do with a signed NDA and a resume?
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed external link
#341564 by tomb_spurs Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:30 am
If there's anyone on this board, or reading it, in New York .... perhaps they could go to the office address and see what's there:

http://www.tprecruiting.com
110 West 40th Street, Suite 2110, 10th floor, Garment District New York, NY 10018
#341592 by Milush Hvoinev Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:59 pm
Hi All,

Nice to e-meet you. I also went through a similar process, same emails, same people, however, did not have to install software to upload the resume in resumetester.com. The assessment of the site was that it was lacking skills (I use an outdated CV format, europass 2009 I think so there is no section to outline Professional Skills or so) and something else (honestly do not remember) then nothing else happened nor I was asked to do anything else. I should have probably contacted Alan but I just received a message stating that (after my last email almost two days ago): Delivery incomplete
There was a temporary problem delivering your message to [email protected]. Gmail will retry for 46 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
LEARN MORE
The response was:
The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DisabledUser

So basically - should be a scam in a way. I was thinking of a couple of options, since their site is created in 2015 as far as I remember, they can be testing the tool (the tool site's launch date was 03/28/17) however testing the tool does not make much sense if you are a recruiter and you probably have a huge database of CVs from the last 20 years, most of them digital. The next option would be the reverse, to actually gather the database with proper CVs, however this does not explain the fact that I was contacted on a personal email, and although I have been a general manager of a company for a while, there aren't many ways to research and connect the dots here (I was listed as a general manager in our country database, but there are no emails there, so the research should have taken a lot of time and resources, my personal email though can be visible in LinkedIn although it is listed as a back up or secondary for the premium users).

This is pretty much the case, I am thinking of threatening these people with my lawyer since I live in Bulgaria and there are some pretty decent laws to back me up in terms of being misled...and this will be just to show others that it simply does not work.

Sorry for the lengthy post,

Kind Regards,

xxxxxx
#341600 by Milush Hvoinev Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:35 pm
After the previous email I got the same answer as some of you, deal was:

Hello xxxx,

We just got off the phone meeting with the client. Unfortunately the deal fell apart due to some conflict of interest. This is a surprise for us as we were under the impression that deal was already completed and were expecting to get our retainer agreement signed today. There is another investor who is interested and we have already sent them an intro email, if they complete the acquisition we will try our best to get back on the project.

I really appreciate your time and interest and I am sorry about how this turned out and I hope you understand, this has nothing to do with your candidacy. This is just how these things work sometimes. If you let me know your salary, location and any other important requirements I can forward it to my colleagues and see if there is another matching opportunity.

I will keep your contact information saved and will contact you if something similar comes up in the future. I wish and hope things work out better for everyone. Again, thank you very much for your time, and good luck with your search. Let's try to stay in touch via email incase something else comes up in the future but either way, I wish you best of luck with your search.

Sweet ain't it? But I still wonder what these people are after.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx
#346061 by dilbertsrevenge Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:34 pm
They also just started up another domain, http://topglobalrecruitment.com and are sending out the same emails (below).

They are also related to scams like this -> Removed (BW) (faces look similar???)

Hello XXX,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in exploring new opportunities. I am CEO/Founder of Top Global Recruitment Group and our client has retained us to fill various C-level positions in one of their recent acquisitions. I was referred to you by an outside talent sourcing firm and based on your previous experience I think you are a very credible candidate.

If you are interested in learning more, please reply back to this email with an updated copy of your resume and I will connect you with the recruiter leading this project and schedule an introductory call.

Best Regards,

Ryan Torres
CEO/Executive Recruiter

P.S: We are a retained search firm and get paid by the employer. You will not be asked to share any confidential information or pay any fees.

Top Global Recruitment Group
http://www.topglobalrecruitment.com
25 West 43rd St, Suite 214,
Midtown West, New York, NY 10036
1- 866-257-1656 x130