The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#316395 by Ripple Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 am
Received this mail

I have sent it to [email protected]

Do u know t is the goal of this scam?

PayPal

You just sent a $106.58 USD payment

08-Jan-2017 18:04:09 GMT-05:00
Transaction ID: 5KBE55NGG756FI575
Hello [Removed AJ]

Thanks for using PayPal. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
JadoPado Ltd.
[email protected]
Note to JadoPado Ltd
You haven't sent a note.
Shipping address - Confirmed
3715 County Road 322
Caldwell, Texas, 77836
United States
Description Unit price Qty Amount
LG 19.5 Inch 20TM48 HD TV and Monitor
$106.58 USD 1 $106.58 USD
Shipping $27.00 USD
Subtotal $106.58 USD
Total $133.58 USD
Charge will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *JADOPADO
Payment sent to JadoPado Ltd.

This Isn't you ? Resolve Now
Help | Resolution Centre | Security Centre

This email was sent to [email protected] for the ongoing support and maintenance of your account. To manage your communication preferences, please visit our Preference Centre.
Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email.

PayPal is committed to your privacy, learn more about our privacy policy.
Copyright © 2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal Email ID PPAU6257 - 634383057D575AUS
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed personal details.
Advertisement

#316403 by AlanJones Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Normally an email such as this would be a phishing email and the links would go to a site other than paypal.com.

If you do use that email address for Paypal then it would be a good idea to log in to your paypal account (type the URL don't use the links) and verify that there has not been a charge, just in case it is a case of someone already having your details and has made a charge.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#316404 by Ripple Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:47 pm
Thanks for your answer,

It is the mail for my paypal account but i haven't used paypal for few years and now my account is not active.

When I pressed the link I was forwarded to a site that looked like paypal login page

now it is not working

this is the link

http://bit.ly/ 2j5Js8A

I get the felling that maybe it is a way to fish my paypal account password
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Dectivated phishing link.
#316405 by AlanJones Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:50 pm
It's a phishing email then, and they were after your PayPal password.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.