Information on romance scams and scammers.
#315222 by Joyfulcolors Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:56 pm
Meet man who called himself Timothy Moore on Okcupid (online dating website). His email is [email protected], phone # 646-543-3529, birthday April 30, 1970, and Passport #423801248 issued Houston, TX February 5, 2013. Claimed to live in Houston for last 3 years after tragic death of wife while in childbirth with twins that also died.

Prior to that lived in Portugal. Claimed to own his own business that he was a building contractor and he does jobs all over the world and was very successful at it.

Talking via cell phone and text but always had an excuse for not meeting in person...said wanted to get to know me better first...2 1/2 weeks in suddenly his father dies and he must leave for Portugal...shortly thereafter get the most romantic intense email I've ever received professing how much he loved me and that I completed him, etc.

Over the course of the next few weeks he convinces me of his unconditional love for me and I fall head over heels in love with him. He went from Portugal after funeral to France to sign on new job (build hotel in Manilla) to Manilla. I invited him to join me on a cruise at beginning of December (figured best way to truly get to know him and have quality time with him)...2 weeks before cruise next tragic event -- claimed $200K fraudulently taken out of his bank account and his accounts had now been frozen while they did their investigation.

Week before cruise the requests for money began -- first it was to pay workers so they wouldn't strike, then it was to pay more to workers so they wouldn't strike & he get arrested, then it was to pay taxes in order to leave the country & not be arrested.

He never made it to the cruise...received phone call from a "Barrister Cheng" (852 5803 4564)([email protected]) informing me that Tim had been arrested at Honk Kong airport for possession of heroine -- found in his jacket pocket -- that he believed had been put there by man sitting next to Tim on the plane (supposedly a famous Pakistan drug dealer). I gave my email address to Barrister Cheng and communicated with him while on cruise...even called his cell phone 3 prearranged times so I could talk to Tim who was sick at one point and not eating...

once I returned to US then final money request came in -- $36K to bribe HK police officials to sign paperwork that would set Tim free. Fortunately only had $10K more that I could give (now had "loaned" Tim $46K with this last wire transfer) but still he needed more...talked with a close friend about everything that had transpired to date and she was convinced that I was the victim of an online dating scam...that I had been "catfished."

Did research online on the subject and sure enough my situation almost fit the scams to a tee and all the "red flags" that I should have seen had been present but I just did not recognize them as such.

Tim clearly is one of the best actors I have ever known...very convincing both on phone and in emails and texts. I confronted Tim on phone that night and of course he denied it in a roundabout way and tried to turn it back on me and that I was the bad guy somehow...final email from him after that had very different tone but still included one final request for money to help him out of his "situation" (not even continuing the jail farce at this point) which of course I denied easily since I had no more cash to send him and that was the truth so my conscience was clear just in case I was the one who was in the wrong....

no more communication from him since. I have been emotionally raped by this man and defrauded of $46K in the process. I just pray that this report helps someone else from falling into his trap.
Advertisement