Room for Rent and other rental scams
#312379 by Michelle Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Subject: Re: Pet Friendly Spacious One Bedroom Apt.
To: Michelle Banks

Still available for move in

Thank you for the interest my apartment is available for long and short term lease i got 4 Years to work with Evergreen Shipping agency as Contract Staff in Alaska and that is why an renting it out .The unit is currently vacant and locked while I'm seeking to find honest and responsible tenant The apartment is furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances and its inclusive all the bills too, Apartment location is.. 1735 New Hampshire Ave NW Washington, DC

Fully furnished apartment include all utilities such as spacious bedroom with king size bed and oversize walk in closet , large bathroom a room apartment,the room a Bathroom and Toilet , with a Kitchen. The kitchen Appliances-including, fridge / freezer and a dishwasher, four burner gas hob with an oven are present...Newly renovated and we have each convenience that you could always wish. As soon as your Application form is approved i will email you the copy of the contract for review .

I’d have actually left it vacant, but my wife advised that I must rent it out. It's one bedroom & one bathroom, furnished, electricity, water and Parking space are included in the monthly rent. The rent, which includes all utilities is $800 per month. A Refundable damage deposit of $800 will be paid alongside the rent before you move in. I will like you to tell me about yourself because I am interested in knowing your capability of funding the rent and taking care of my apartment.

If you need more details call or text ( 908-374-6315)

Best Regards

Fred

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#313601 by Michelle Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:35 am

Dear Michelle
Sorry for my late reply we have sign a contract of three years with you kindly find the attached copy of the contract to this email which you need to sign and scan it back to me as soon as possible along with receipt of payment transfer (Monthly rent is $800 and security deposit of $800 ) below you will see my Wife Bank details to use in making the payment Transfer to avoid delay for your move in since you are willing to move in asap the keys will be deliver to your address within 48 hours after your payment is been confirmed, Your total payment is $1,600. We will be glad to send the keys directly to your address in Germany since you are the one renting from us .

Send us attached confirmation receipt as soon as possible, your Deposit can you be use as your last month rent or refundable back as soon as you are ready to move out of the apartment with One or Two month notice. Once we confirm your payment transfer i will send the receipt of the package via UPS with Tracking # so as to verify the delivery time with ups office.

Once again l'm giving you this apartment on trust and do not disappoint me because l dont want our apartment to be destroyed again,if you wish to move in with your own properties,we still have one extra room that is empty so you can easily put our own things that you think you dont need in there. Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via UPS courier service.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent Flat form(Containing your reference details)
3)The Flat documented file.
4)Payment Receipts.
5)Full address and description of the Apartment

PLEASE NOTE .. The signed contract must be attached back to me along with the receipt of your payment confirmation.

PAYMENT TRANSFER DETAILS

Account Holder ... Karen Thompson
Account Number... 459631651
Bank Name.. First Convenience Bank
Routing Number.. 111906271
Bank Address.. 121 Highway 332 W Lake Jackson TX 77566
United State

Regards

Frederick and Karen

Hello Michelle

No i did not disappear i was out of the country from work we went to South Africa on a conference and i will be back to State by early January.

You have nothing to worried about i have the keys right here with me and i will send it to the address you provided in US this weekend but there is a little problem .

I stop by the UPS office at south Africa Airport to send the package but the charges is beyond my expectation and to avoid delay for your move in me and my wife have decide that you will be making the first month rent transfer through Money Gram to me here in South Africa so we can finalize all the process .

Have discuss with the Shipping agent manager and below is the details you need to make the payment transfer as soon as possible . All i need to do it go there with a receipt of money gram transfer and once they confirm the payment they will proceed further with the keys and document of the apartment to the address you provide for me in US.

Money Gram payment details

Name... DARE ADENIYI
Address... 33 Church Street, Pretoria Gauteng 00001
Country... South Africa

I will be waiting to hear back from you

Am so sorry for the inconvenience

Regards