Room for Rent and other rental scams
#305478 by Bryon Williams Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:58 pm
Subject: RE: 25-34 Crescent St. Apartment Inquiry

Hello,

Am glad you have interest in my apartment. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because i am not too concern about the money,all i interested about is a decent tenant,someone who would take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the apartment, it is available for short and long term lease.

Another reason for giving this apartment out for rent is because i relocated to West Africa for a contract(ROAD CONSTRUCTION),I would be spending couple of years before i would be through here. So my wife and i have decided that we would be moving to our other home in Seattle,(Washington) when we get back to the states.

INFORMATION TO BE NOTED
Rent Per Month: $1000 (Including all Utilities)
Security Deposit: $1000 (Refundable)

APARTMENT FEATURES:
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Sqft: 800
Property type: Apartment
Parking: Yes
Pet friendly
2ND Floor
Wheelchair Accessible
Lease term: long & short term
Utilities included: Heat, Hot water, Electric, Gas

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW,

FIRST NAME:
MIDDLE NAME:
LAST NAME:
MARITAL STATUS:
CELL PHONE:
HOME PHONE:
KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:
PRESENT ADDRESS:
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND TO MOVE IN:
HOW LONG WOULD YOU BE OCCUPYING THE APARTMENT?
DO YOU HAVE PET:

After i have received these details above, i would discuss with my wife and get back to you with my terms on how we would conclude the Lease process so you can move into the apartment without any delay,feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: +234-7062-135-985

I hope to hear from you soonest..
Eng. David

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement