Room for Rent and other rental scams
#304838 by Michelle Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:02 am

Subject: Re: Response To Ad

Hello
My furnished apartment is much available for rent as you inquire
I'm renting it out to you due to my re-location of job to here in California USA. I'm a visible sign instructor/demonstrator, which I do work for church ministration voluntarily and in-dependably. I left the city with hope that I will be coming back soon but right now the work has taken me to stay for another 3yrs under contract agreement, that's why I have made up my mind to put up my apartment for rent.
I will be sending the keys and the documents package to you through your address you will provide in the rent application form by DHL COURIER SERVICE and it will be home delivery service to you. The apartment is $800 monthly including cable /internet access, furnished, Central Air Conditioning, Laundry, Garbage Chute, Pets OK, cleaning service, dry cleaning, Heating, Electricity. etc and everything is already been furnished. Below is the application form for you to answer in order to decide the rent of my apartment to you and I want you to know that I'm giving this apartment for rent base on trust.Also,Pls let me get this answer.And you can call me or send text on my cell 650 731-5408

RENT APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)How long Do you intend to stay?

ADDRESS OF THE APARTMENT
7328 Arcola St Burnaby, BC V5E 1H7

Looking forward to reading back from you
with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you. please I'm giving you all this base on trust.

I will be waiting to read back from you soon.

Thanks and God Bless you.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#306496 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:04 am
Subject: Re:

Hello,
My furnished apartment is much available for rent as you inquire
I'm renting it out to you due to my re-location of job to here in California USA. I'm a visible sign instructor/demonstrator, which I do work for church ministration voluntarily and in-dependably. I left the city with hope that I will be coming back soon but right now the work has taken me to stay for another 3yrs under contract agreement, that's why I have made up my mind to put up my apartment for rent.
I will be sending the keys and the documents package to you through your address you will provide in the rent application form by DHL COURIER SERVICE and it will be home delivery service to you. The apartment is $850 monthly including cable /internet access, furnished, Central Air Conditioning, Laundry, Garbage Chute, Pets OK, cleaning service, dry cleaning, Heating, Electricity. etc and everything is already been furnished. Below is the application form for you to answer in order to decide the rent of my apartment to you and I want you to know that I'm giving this apartment for rent base on trust.Also,Pls let me get this answer.And you can call me or send text on my cell 650 731-5408

RENT APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)How long Do you intend to stay?

ADDRESS OF THE APARTMENT
939 Homer St, Vancouver, BC V6B 2W6

Looking forward to reading back from you
with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you. please I'm giving you all this base on trust.

I will be waiting to read back from you soon.

Thanks and God Bless you.

Best Regards

(650) 731-5408
6507315408 is a VoIP number provided by Google Voice with an area code in CA

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/