Room for Rent and other rental scams
#304471 by d voyce Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 pm
here in New Zealand he is running a scam also using the name Mann Tang claiming that he is a missionary living in the UK. Advertising a studio apartment in auckland for an insanely cheap price. when I inquired he sent back this.

[i]Mann Tang <[email protected]>
Thanks for the email. I am Mann Tang , I own the Apartment for rent and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes I and my wife to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in United Kingdom in our new house and also with the keys of the apartment we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our house to be used any how in the our absent that is why we took the keys along with us. I and my wife came over to United Kingdom for a missionary work, so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house. So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price of (1 months first payment) with hydro,heat laundry facilities, air condition and so on. I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application to fill out and discuss on how to get the apartment for rent. You are free to call me on my private phone number +447024030861[/i]

--- Another email
I want you to know that you can stay long as you want to leave in the apartment,Because I and my Family have gotten another apartment here.But really the fact is that will need someone who is reliable,trustworthy,honest and to be able to maintain the apartment in terms of cleanliness.We are not really after the money for now,But someone who will take a very care of the property as his/her own.

We need someone who will promise us to take care of the property in a very good way. I want you to know that there is no problem for me not been around to show the inside of the apartment,I will make sure you have the keys and other document that will allow you to gain entrance to the apartment as soon as you send a Security Deposit fees.

And please note that is not all about sending the rent deposit or monthly rent that matters in this relationship and agreement, but your absolute maintenance and promise to keep my apartment save and clean.

And also i will need you to often send me some update pics of the apartment from time to time at your own convenient time if rented by you. As i will be trusting and counting on you. The key will come to you through DHL to the address you fill on the application form. .I will have the keys and the apartment document ship via DHL COURIER SERVICE and you will have them within 42hour and also i will forward to you the tracking number for the shipment.But before we proceed,I will like you to have the RENT APPLICATION FORM. Filled and return as soon as you can.

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the house to you, please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let us down with our property and God bless you more as you do this.

View the attached RENT APPLICATION FORM.

Thanks and God bless you and your family.

Final email ---
I am satisfied with the information you provided for me in the application form.when you are sending the security deposit of $1000.Please give me proper address where the DHL (COURRIER SERVICE) will bring your keys.

This will enable DHL courier service to have the Keys package deliver to your door step,but note that the shipping might take 2-3 days delivery,once this is done. I will have the shipping tracking number send to you,so you can know exactly when the package will be deliver to your door step. What will be used is keys , which i will send to you

In fact, I am are not really after the money,but i am looking for trustworthy and reliable person to take good care of the house and i am hoping with a good faith, that you are the person,Please understand i want this to bring a good experience and relationship between us, So if you are still satisfied to work with me. Here is the Western Union details that would enable you to have the security deposit send.

I will give you sometime to settle down,before making a payment of 1 month rent. Once the security deposit payment is been confirm,i will have the keys and other documents required send to you.

You are advise to have the security deposit send via Western Union .

Below is the information of Western Union .
Receiver"s Name.: Mann Tang
Receiver Address : Redruth street, 204. Rusholm Greater Manchester M14 7PX, . United Kingdom

Mann

I am very glad I had a strange feeling and searched up his number to find all these similar stories. How can this man be stopped?
Advertisement

#304472 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:44 pm
+44 70 2403 0861

Welcome to Scamwarners,

The scammer can not be stopped. He is using a fake name, free email address and a phone number that can be answered anywhere in the world.

Just make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/