Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#303032 by monkey_pox Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:55 pm
Whoa! This is the email I was just sent. It was sent literally seconds after I replied to their phone text, and I thought it was suspicious. Wording is almost exactly what you wrote about. The user is "Samantha Lewis <[email protected]>". Seller Beware!

Hello,
Thanks for taking out time to mail me,i was just typing this. I'm okay with your listed price and I'm looking to buy your furniture but the only way I can is through a Check which I will mail next day via UPS.

I can wait for the check to clear before i get the furniture picked. I will be responsible for the pickup and it will be done by my movers,i will include their payment in the check i send to you.This is all due to me being deaf and it makes it hard to deal with this,also it will make this transaction better and quicker.

I am sure you were not expecting this and I would have also loved to come for the viewing but I cant as I'm away for surgery.I really want this and am offering an extra 50 for you to delete the Ad and reserve it for me, i am just settling into my new house and looking for good furniture deals to furnish my place with

If you are okay with this please send me extra pictures if you have any and get back to me with

1)Your Full name
2)Your Physical address
3)Final price after including the extra 50
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#303251 by Beccabird Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:34 am
I got the exact same email, also received at the same moment I sent mine. Mine came from I am glad I found this site. I found it while searching for the name Samantha Lewis, because something didn't seem right about that email....they also sent a text from 615-716-8170, but I suspect they used a spoofing app for that.

Email I got:

Hello,
Thanks for taking out time to mail me,i was just typing this. I'm okay with your listed price and I'm looking to buy your furniture but the only way I can is through a Check which I will mail next day via UPS.

I can wait for the check to clear before i get the furniture picked. I will be responsible for the pickup and it will be done by my movers,i will include their payment in the check i send to you.This is all due to me being deaf and it makes it hard to deal with this,also it will make this transaction better and quicker.

I am sure you were not expecting this and I would have also loved to come for the viewing but I cant as I'm away for surgery.I really want this and am offering an extra 50 for you to delete the Ad and reserve it for me, i am just settling into my new house and looking for good furniture deals to furnish my place with.

If you are okay with this please send me extra pictures if you have any and get back to me with

1)Your Full name
2)Your Physical address
Last edited by Mike Wilson on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fixed tags
#303813 by JWLindquist Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:37 pm
My friend placed an ad on Craigslist and got the following email from them as well as a text - I'm glad that I checked this site first before he replied. The text came from 503 864 6584:

To:
Subject: Re: Furniture

Hello,

I am sure you were not expecting this and I would have also loved to come for the viewing but I cant as I'm away for surgery.I really want this and am offering an extra 50 for you to delete the Ad and reserve it for me, i am just settling into my new house and looking for good furniture deals to furnish my place with

1)Your Full name
2)Your Physical address
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
#303820 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:21 pm
^^Welcome to Scamwarners, Thank you for the update.

Samantha Lewis - [email protected]

(503) 864-6584
503-864-6584 is a VoIP number provided by Enflick

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#303976 by purintonm Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:13 am
I too received the exact same email, just a few seconds after I wrote to them. Very glad I decided to check online before replying.

The number they texted me from to inquire about my posting is (646) 514-7267. They specifically mentioned that this was not their cell, which I thought was odd. The email they gave me was [email protected] so that appears to be an alternate email they're using.