Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#303603 by Makiavelli0 Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:15 pm
I tried to purchase a kitten online and came across this website: http://beautifulbengacats.jigsy.com/

I was aware of all the scams and requested to see the kittens (recent pictures). The pictures she sent turned out to be the same pictures that were up on a Russian website dated March 2015. Obviously, a red flag went up... "Mary" the seller also requested that I use Moneygram or Western Union. I asked if I could sent a check and wait for it to clear on their end, but she was insistent saying she needed to use a part of the money to ship the cat, which doesn't make sense since waiting for the check to clear would be the same thing... I also suggested Venmo or PayPal and she insisted on Western Union or Moneygram. She also mentioned that I tell the people at Western Union or Moneygram that she's family/friend so that the transaction can go through.

Her email is [email protected]. However, when sending money it was requested through a different individual "Phillip."

I have the email exchanges and pics and such if you'd like to verify or know more.
Advertisement

#303610 by Mike Wilson Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:42 pm
Hello Makiavelli0,
Thank you for posting the information on this kitten scam. Please post the first email that describes the kitten and the email that asked for the payment to be sent via Money Gram or Western Union.
Be sure to remove your personal information before posting. If you have any additional questions please ask.

The telephone number from the website (240) 297-1450 ,the website for this scam is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#303731 by Bryon Williams Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:14 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Screenshots will not be helpful to potential victims. The internet search engines will only pick up the pictures not the wording or email addresses.

It is best to copy and paste what the scammer sent you. Just "X" out your personal information.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#303733 by Makiavelli0 Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:38 am
Okay... so this was the email (copy and pasted)

(introductions left out)

use MoneyGram, western union or Walmart in any location around you to pay in the order of my husband , once payment is confirmed we will start immediately with the registration and shipping process .You can find MoneyGram in any CVS location around you . Just get in and ask a senders form to fill in the information's below . Once payment is confirmed, send a full picture of the MoneyGram receipt to confirm payment . Tick the option MoneyGram on the form. That's all

Name: Phillip moronzi
Address: 1510 Glenallan Ave,Silver Spring, MD 20902
(240)297-1450

Regards
Mary

I also have some exchanges via text that I can't copy and paste... but basically it was along the lines of "Can I mail you a check and wait for it to clear" and "Mary" saying I should just to Western Union and tell the people there that she is a "friend" or "family" so that the transaction goes through.

I requested that she send a recent pic of the kittens and she sent me a few. Later, I found out that they are actually from a Russian website: http://market.kz/a/serval-i-savanna-f1- ... yi-335530/

The site is dated March 2015. "Mary" claimed that's when the site was made... which doesn't really mean anything since I told her to send me pics of the kitten that I was going to purchase.

Let me know if you need more info.