Room for Rent and other rental scams
#303220 by NubiaNineEther Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:23 pm
Greeting Blessings to you and your Family,

I must confess that I am new in this landlord business and the home is still available and ready for move in However, My name is Rev Gabriel Omar, I own the house located at (450 S 17th St,
Newark, NJ 07103)This home has been totally remodeled. All wood floors, new appliances RO System and soft water. Great home has it all.due to my job as a missionary I spent less time. My family and I are currently in Oklahoma for missionary call . Before we left, we search for a God fearing and reputable agent who can take good care of the house, but we couldn't get anyone then We left with the key, remote and the papers, I'm willing to rent out the home to a good and God Fearing tenant because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money ,I'm giving out the home with such a reasonable amount because I am only aying God back for his kindness and mercy over me and my family with what I have that`s why I asked for such a reasonable amount. It`s also a pride for me to work for him on a missionary work. Also I need someone/a family that will take good care of the house as their own property. If you can assure me that you can take proper care of the property as if it were yours.

Monthly Rent:$600
Security Deposit:$600
Total Amount:$1200
Bed & Bath:2Bedrooms,1Bathrooms

Below are some question that we need you to answer ,so that we can discuss further.get back to us for further discussion.You will only be able to drive by the house for now but not have a look at the interior until we have sent the keys and documents of the house to you.So we wouldn't want any violation on our property if finally rented by you. However if you are ready to rent the house now, then that will not be a problem but we will advice you due to a responsible person like you to get back to me a confidential lease Tenant Contract form needs to be prepared,The rental fee is inclusive with utilities and my home available as at this moment, the mentioned details below are the information to be used in prepare the lease and be sent back to you immediately.

LEASE APPLICATION FORM

THE LANDLORD ACKNOWLEDGES THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF THIS DOCUMENTS.

FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
DATE OF BIRTH:_________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
WHAT TIME IS THE BEST TIME TO REACH YOU__________?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY__________?
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHALL RESIDE IN THE PREMISES__________?
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________?
CITY: _______________?
STATE:______________?
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?
OWN A CAR?
How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ??? ________________?
EARLIEST POSSIBLE DATE OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT:______?
REFERENCE CONTACT NAME_______________?
REFERENCE RESIDENTIAL HOME ADDRESS_______________?

SIGNATURE OF THE APPLICANT

=====================================
Application Comment
=====================================

Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications. I know you would want to see the house before making any kind of rental payment , which is understandable..We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an

Authorization letter to be shipped to you, this will give you the opportunity to view house.

I’ll be looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. The Lord

Almighty has been good to me, I am paying him back with my missionary call. I could let you remain in the house till I come back if you are a good tenant. I will email rent terms as soon as I receive your reply.

Feel free to contact me at 405-254-0793 as I willing to hear from you.

God Bless You.

Thanks

Rev Gabriel Omar & Family.

Gabriel Omar
[email protected]

After I filled out this "application" I got a response email saying that my application had been accepted and that I had to send money via western union/ cvs/walmart in order for him to send me the jeys and documents for the house. It read as follows:

Hello
Thanks for the reply, i can see your willingness in this House. I want you to know that I'm satisfied with your profile and also believe l can trust in you because l will not like to experience what l experienced from my last tenant again, l showed your profile to my wife and daughter , they said they are OK with it.

I want you to know that the vote of confident which me and my wife put in you,as the GOD our personal savior has shown us mercy and that is why we are looking for a good and reputable tenant, now that we have found the right one which is your family we have no worries at all because the trust you have for us and what we have for you are too similar.

l want you to know that we can let you stay in my House till the period of time you wish to. I want you to know that the rent fee is among the House utilities all included, so you can use them anytime but make sure you take proper care of my properties. We will come and pay you a visit after you have moved into my House to see how you are maintaining it, I will be receiving the security deposit from you via Western Union or money gram because l think it reliable, secured and fast, and moreover, my wife and I, got into Oklahoma just few weeks back and we have been trying to settle down for our purpose. This has made it difficult for me to set up a bank account here for transaction like this.

But never mind, I will be setting up one (Joint Account, for my wife and I) before the end of this year.l wish you best of luck in your work, from your profile l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person may the almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do.Please once again, I want to trust you and I hope you do not disappoint us and I promise you that, you will love the house and not only, a good relationship between us.

The following documents are here with us as I couldn't find anyone whom i could trust to drop them with for this purpose.

But never mind, FedEx next day delivery service will do for that. In doing this, you will need to make a security deposit payment which is refundable (should in case you don't like the house) to enable the shipment of the Keys and document to your current address that you have to provide after which you could move in at your convenience. The rent starts counting when you move in and after 24 hours of moving in, you will be required to make the first month rental fees. Here are the contents of the document that needs to be sent.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form
3) The house documetary file.
4) Full Description of the house
5) Payment Receipt
6) Signed Lease Agreement Form you are supposed to also sign and get it sent back to me

NOTE THAT THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THE HOUSE..
I have two other tanant that are ready to=2 make 3 month Upfront Payment, But am not going to accept the offer, because they are both smokers, drunkers, they always parties, So please promise me you are going to take good care of my house....

Note that all the documents of my house will be sent to you as soon as you agreed with terms So please do get back to me today so that I will let know the next step to take concerning the payment.....

The house is available for rent for up to 4 years, so you are free to decide on how long you intend occupying it...Rent already includes utilities..I'm ready to accept either monthly or upfront mode of payment..depending on the one you're most comfortable with..Utilities include: power, water, sewer and trash.. Your monthly rent already covers utilities so you do not have to pay extra charges for that..

Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance to the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but I am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home..You are advised to act fast on this so you don't loose the house to other interested applicants....

As soon as the security deposit is been confirmed by me, l will go ahead and commence on how the House Keys / Documents will be delivered to )and I will ensure that I book for the 24 hours FedEx next day delivery service as to enable you receive it on time an d as scheduled.. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that i can arrange for the delivery.

via western union all you have to do is to locate any(CVS Pharmacy or ACE Cash Expres) to where you live and make the payment available via a western union outlet, most i forget i want you to stick to your words and take good care of our home as you have promised on your previous mail.. below is the information..

So below is the information to send payment to my info through Money Gram nearest to you. Just go to any walmart,CVS Pharmacy ,ACE Cash Expres or grocery near you with this information and send the payment.

Receiver's name:Gabriel Omar
Address:3112 NW 29th St,
City:Oklahoma City,
State:OK
Zipcode:73107

As soon as you send the payment from the Western Union Money Transfer, you would be given some information’s. You would have to get back to me with following information:

1. Full Sender's Name And Address Including Zip Code:
2. MTCN NUMBER or Ref Number#:

Once you get back to me with the details above, I will send the necessary document and keys of the house to you through FEDEX and get back to you with the Tracking number and the arrival time of the document and the keys. Once I get this information,I am giving you access to my property not for any other reason but trust. I would not like a situation where my truest would be misplaced. Do everything you can to avoid defacing or destroying the property in any manner. I trust that you wouldn't let me down. Hope to get the confirmation numbers today so we can get this over and done. Once more, I am counting on you.Get back to me via email.

INSTRUCTION:It will be better if you do the transfer at any grocery store or walmart store closest to you,just walk in to the grocery store and ask for person to person transfer for Money Gram money transfer or Wal-mart to wal-mart Transfer .

So pls get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.
Rev Gabriel Omar & Family

When I failed to respond to the email he called me several times and insisted that I send whatever money I had immediately in order to secure the apartment, saying that he would not send the keys until I sent the money. Do not trust this guy!
Last edited by Tim Atem on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#304447 by Kathleen Smith Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:50 pm
Just told this a-hole off after he tried to scam me too -his email is below-
The email he used with me is [email protected] and then also got a text saying "good morning Kathleen" and a missed call from this number (405-701-9381) which is not the number he gave me in his email -which was 347-509-5815 and this was for the listing below in Maryland (with him claiming to be on a "mission" in Brooklyn NY)
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
House Address : (1495 W 9th St,Frederick, MD 21702)
Number of Bedrooms: 3
Number of Bathrooms: 2
Rent: $800
Refundable security Deposit: $620
This is clearly a house for sale and he is using it for his scam -pasted his reply email below where he asks for the western union money transfer and pretty much writes a book on God and trusting people-what a peice of SH!t in my opinion! He also lists an "assistant" where the money can be sent to as Eric Peralta -Brooklyn NY -so he may have accomplices in his scam or using multiple alias -but I wouldn't have ever sent him the money but wanted to see if it was good listing (price seems too good to be true of course)
and Here is his reply to me just like yours:
Hello,

Thanks for the reply, i can see your willingness in this House. I want you to know that I'm satisfied with your profile and also believe l can trust in you because l will not like to experience what l experienced from my last tenant again, l showed your profile to my wife and daughter, they said they are OK with it.

I want you to know that the vote of confident which me and my wife put in you,as the GOD our personal savior has shown us mercy and that is why we are looking for a good and reputable tenant, now that we have found the right one which is your family we have no worries at all because the trust you have for us and what we have for you are too similar.

l want you to know that we can let you stay in my House till the period of time you wish to. I want you to know that the rent fee is among the House utilities all included, so you can use them anytime but make sure you take proper care of my properties. We will come and pay you a visit after you have moved into my House to see how you are maintaining it, I will be receiving the security deposit from you via Western Union or money gram because l think it reliable, secured and fast, and moreover, my wife and I, got into New York just few weeks back and we have been trying to settle down for our purpose. This has made it difficult for me to set up a bank account here for transaction like this.

But never mind, I will be setting up one (Joint Account, for my wife and I) before the end of this year.l wish you best of luck in your work, from your profile l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person may the almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do. Please once again, I want to trust you and I hope you do not disappoint us and I promise you that, you will love the house and not only, a good relationship between us.

The following documents are here with us as I couldn't find anyone whom i could trust to drop them with for this purpose.

But never mind, FedEx next day delivery service will do for that. In doing this, you will need to make a security deposit payment which is refundable (should in case you don't like the house) to enable the shipment of the Keys and document to your current address that you have to provide after which you could move in at your convenience. The rent starts counting when you move in and after 24 hours of moving in, you will be required to make the first month rental fees. Here are the contents of the document that needs to be sent.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form
3) The house documetary file.
4) Full Description of the house
5) Payment Receipt
6) Signed Lease Agreement Form you are supposed to also sign and get it sent back to me

NOTE THAT THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE IN CASE YOU DON'T LIKE THE HOUSE...

I have two other tanant that are ready to 2 make 3 month Upfront Payment, But am not going to accept the offer, because they are both smokers, drunkers, they always parties, So please promise me you are going to take good care of my house....

Note that all the documents of my house will be sent to you as soon as you agreed with terms So please do get back to me today so that I will let know the next step to take concerning the payment.....

The house is available for rent for up to 4 years, so you are free to decide on how long you intend occupying it...Rent already includes utilities..I'm ready to accept either monthly or upfront mode of payment..depending on the one you're most comfortable with..Utilities include: power, water, sewer and trash.. Your monthly rent already covers utilities so you do not have to pay extra charges for that..

Please note that the deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance to the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but I am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home..You are advised to act fast on this so you don't loose the house to other interested applicants....

As soon as the security deposit is been confirmed by me, l will go ahead and commence on how the House Keys / Documents will be delivered to )and I will ensure that I book for the 24 hours FedEx next day delivery service as to enable you receive it on time an d as scheduled.. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that i can arrange for the delivery.

via western union all you have to do is to locate any(CVS Pharmacy or ACE Cash Expres) to where you live and make the payment available via a western union outlet, most i forget i want you to stick to your words and take good care of our home as you have promised on your previous mail.. below is the information..

So below is my personal assistant information to send payment through Money Gram nearest to you. Just go to any walmart,CVS Pharmacy ,ACE Cash Expres or grocery near you with this information and send the payment.

Receiver's Name: Eric Peralta
Address: Brooklyn New York 11203

As soon as you send the payment from the Western Union Money Transfer, you would be given some information’s. You would have to get back to me with following information:

1. Full Sender's Name And Address Including Zip Code:
2. MTCN NUMBER or Ref Number#:

Once you get back to me with the details above, I will send the necessary document and keys of the house to you through FEDEX and get back to you with the Tracking number and the arrival time of the document and the keys. Once I get this information,I am giving you access to my property not for any other reason but trust. I would not like a situation where my truest would be misplaced. Do everything you can to avoid defacing or destroying the property in any manner. I trust that you wouldn't let me down. Hope to get the confirmation numbers today so we can get this over and done. Once more, I am counting on you.Get back to me via email.

INSTRUCTION:It will be better if you do the transfer at any grocery store or walmart store closest to you,just walk in to the grocery store and ask for person to person transfer for Money Gram money transfer or Wal-mart to wal-mart Transfer.

Thanks and God bless you,
Rev Gabriel.