Room for Rent and other rental scams
#303149 by Michelle Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:06 am
Joanna Defoe <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for your Response. l owned the house and I received your email correctly. I wanted to tell you a little about us as well, so that you can get a feel for who we are. I thought it might give you another look into my character and the type of person I am, which I know is very important to you. I have been married for 15 years with 2 children. my family and I We are very passionate about God's work. Along with working in the church.I have given myself to be obedient to God. few months back I plan to sell the house due to our transfer relocating to (Harriman,TN) on a missionary work but my Family Advise me not to sell our house anymore.Now I change my decision to rent the house immediately. My family and I are seeking for a good tenant who would take care of our house in our absence,I do be believe you can take care of my House, the Utilities are included in the rent. I was dealing with the Realtor in getting a tenant, but the Realtor want me to rent the house very expensive due to their contract fee. I was renting at higher price and that takes time to get someone who will rent at that price.I Terminated the contract working with the Realtor. Now I reduced the price of the rent to a flexible price. I won't sell my house anymore since I will be in (Harriman,TN) for 4 years. I am looking for 1 to 4 years lease if possible, we can renew the lease. short lease is acceptable as well. I would like you to treat the house as if you owned it.you can drive by the house today and get back to me after that----Ignore the Realtor sign post in front of the house when you go by. I am no longer dealing with them. the Realtor would remove the sign post next week.the keys and documents are with us here in (Harriman,TN). So I will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house.I'm not around to book an appointment for viewing the inside. But you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding, You can also peek through the windows, below is the questionnaire form . I would feel at ease renting this home at flexible price rather dealing with the Realtor and renting so expensive. I have an impressive dedication in helping others. Thank you for taking the time to read my quick story of who I am. Again thank you for your time and God bless!

Endeavor as much as you can to keep the home tidy, the amenities in perfect working conditions and treat this home just like you would treat your own house,Utilities include: Washer, Dryer, Heat, Garbage, Disposal, Fireplace, Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer, Refrigerator, internet access.. All included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORMS BELOW FILL IT OUT SO THAT WE CAN HAVE IT IN OUR FILE THEN WE CAN PROCEED ON HOW TO TAKE IN YOUR MOVE IN.

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone # :__________?
E-mail :__________?
Best time to call :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Present Address :__________?
City/State :__________?
What is your monthly Income :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
Preferred move in date :__________?
Intended length of lease:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Do you work late night :__________?
Can you be able to come up with the Deposit/Rent payment to secure the home:_________________?
Your Family Pictures: ____________________?
Attached Driver Licence:____________________?

Notice : Call me immediately you fill out the application Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that we can have it our file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.. Await your prompt reply so that we can discuss on the rental terms and agreement, please we are renting the house to you base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words.So please do not let us down in maintaining this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
Number of Bedrooms: 3
Number of baths: 2
Square footage:2,075 ft²
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $820
Refundable security Deposit: $1,000
Total move in cost: $1,820
House Address:1730 Robin Ln,Garland, TX 75042
I roamed my cell phone #.. I can be reach anytime or Text me ASAP:+1(314) 252-8952
Best Regards,
Pastor.Thomas & Joanna Defoe Family
Thanks and Remain Blessed

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank Transfer payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement