Room for Rent and other rental scams
#301087 by UASINJAX Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:40 pm
Readers read through to the end:

July 2016 Craigslist Original post: (Included 1 photo of exterior)
1200 / 3br - 1920ft2 - Walk or bike to the beach from this 3 Bedroom 2 1/2 bath luxury town h (Jacksonville Beach, FL)

Email address provided: [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-mailed and asked if property was still available
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response:

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. My husband and i just traveled to (Louisiana LA). For a program called National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day (NYHAAD)#Did You Know there are 76,400 young people, ages 13-24, living with HIV in the U.S.? So the program is taking place in three major countries in United States, Europe, Kenya .We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it,

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer,

It has a dramatic entry foyer with ceramic floor. Extremely spacious rooms throughout with lots of big windows...nice and light! New neutral paint and some newer carpet..Very quiet, low traffic area. Appliances included are washer, dryer, oven,dishwasher, new fridge (7/07)...I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Utilities include Water,Trash,Sewer,Gas,so if you belief you can take good care of the house and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to let you rent the house. here are the information regarding the house.

This is the address of the House (739 6th Ave S, Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250)
The rent is:$1,200
Security Deposit:$850 (Security Deposit is Refundable)
Total Moving Cost :$2,050
For this 3Bedroom Home.
Pets Allowed:Dogs and Cats.
Available :Available Now for move in.

Attn : The rent are including the Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher,Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash,all included in the monthly rent,as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc.

STATUS OF MY HOUSE:AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN. LONG AND SHORT TERMS ARE BOTH ALLOWED. ALL PETS ARE ALLOWED.(well behaved) if you are interested below is the rental application form you can fill them up then we can proceed further,

TENANT CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( ) ________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( ) ___________________What time is best to call you__________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
Move In Date____________________________
How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1 month + SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
If you are ask to make a down deposit payment to secure the house today and take it off market, :__________?
YOUR PICTURE OR FAMILY PICTURE(IF ANY):could be attached with the application______________________________?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. Feel free To Contact My Husband Any Time OR Text (561) 316-6239

Mr & Mrs Monica Gao Yongzin
Thanks and God bless

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) A check of property appraisers online records does indeed have a near match to the name on this e-mail as owner of the property. It was 1 letter off in the spelling.
2.) The property appraisers office record indicates the owners address at the time of warranty deed assignment was a neighboring county. A check of the address in that county shows a match on one of the names given but not on the other.
3.) There is a facebook match and a doctor profile match to the name given to a college medical facility in the neighboring county.
4.) The phone number provided is a US number in Florida, but it is 214 miles South. We did not call or text the number

* In short - There getting a little better at building a believable profile - but do your homework and check.
Advertisement