Room for Rent and other rental scams
#300311 by Michelle Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:26 pm
Fred Mingon" <[email protected]>
Hi, the apartment is still available.

As you can see from the pictures, my apartment is fully furnished,equipped kitchen and everything a house needs.
Is the first time I'm renting this apartment and I'm trying to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. The place is fitted with air conditioning, dishwasher, cooker, refrigerator, washing machine, LED TV, vacuum cleaner etc.

The monthly rent is 17.000 TWD , price include all utilities and one parking spot.
Pets are allowed in the house .If you have other questions don't hesitate to ask me .

About myself : My name is Fred Mingon and I’m a project manager in civil engineering ,from London United Kingdom
I bought this apartment when I worked in Taiwan as part of a 3 year contract, thinking it would be a better investment than taking in rent. Now i'm back in UK and i payed Ms. Wu to do this rental announce for me.
Unfortunately, my job doesn’t allow me to do any travel for the next few months, so I will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while.

However, I hope these issues won’t affect the rental at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from London (on my expense of course). Looking forward to hear from you soon.

All the best from United Kingdom! Fred

Thank you for your swift response.

So,the price for one month will be 17.000 $TWD including all the utilities costs . Of course I would need one security deposit (damage assurance) as well of 17.000 $TWD , you will get it back when you will decide to leave the apartment.
Everything in the apartment is new or renovated so there is no need for repairs but just in case I will cover the costs.

The address of the home : No.10, Ally.12, Ln.71, Sec.5, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Xinyi District, Taipei City

What i'm looking for? I want to find someone clean and responsible who can take care of this house.In order to do that I have to know a some details about you (Your name,your age,where you live now,like how many persons are you planning to live in the apartment, for how long, if you have a steady income, etc.).

All i can say is the apartment is ready , you just need to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if and move in.I found a good solution in order to close the transaction safe for the both of us, a company who will handle the payment and keys + contract delivery, it is an international company called UPS Trade Direct, please visit their website
( https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/busso ... ocean.html ).

UPS Trade is a new service of UPS available in UK.
They will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the Keys and Lease Agreement. UPS Trade is a door-to-door delivery solution. The delivery takes 2 days, things that seems extraordinary. I will pay all the costs.
So, if we both agree in 2 days you can visit the apartment.

Anyway,to avoid any misunderstanding i will glad explain you step by step how the transaction work if you are interested.
Looking forward to receiving your response.

Sincerely, Fred !

Thank you for all details that you have provided Michelle, you seem to be a reliable person.
After consulting my wife and my daughter we decided that you would be suitable to rent our apartment.I can see your willingness in my home and i want you to know that i'm satisfied with your profile and also believe that you can take good care of the apartment.

I will need to inform you the steps about how this service works and how we can make it happen.

1 - To start the process all I need is your information (Name and delivery address)
2 - I go to the UPS Trade Direct Solution Office to drop off the keys and documents of the house. I will pay the costs.
3 - UPS Trade will make a detailed inspection of the property's documents in order to certify the ownership. If the ownership is confirmed, UPS Trade will accept the initiated transaction. However, if ownership is not confirmed, they will decline the initiated transaction and they will notify you to stop everything.
4 - UPS will send you the invoice agreement where you will have all the details about our mutual agreement + payment information. The delivery is prepared.
5 - At this point you will have to make a money transfer deposit on the UPS Trade Direct agent name assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed. ( 17.000 TWD + 17.000 TWD = 34.000 TWD ) One month of rent + the security deposit.
This will be a guarantee that our agreement is mutual and legal. The deposit will be just a formality, and it will not commit you to rent my apartment.
6 - UPS will verify the payment information and if everything is in order will send an agent to your registered address (in the next 24-48 hours) to meet you for delivery . Also the agent who will make the delivery will also help you to inspect my apartment
7 - Upon viewing , if you like the apartment and decide to rent you will sign the contract with a legal notary and after that you can move to your new home when you desire.
The contract will be made in chinese and english to be both satisfied.
8 - If something wrong , and you don't want the apartment with serious reasons UPS Trade will return your money back and the keys back to me.

Important! * I will pay for the services of the UPS Trade Direct Ocean and you will pay for the Money Transfer fees. ( not high)
* You will see the apartment with the UPS Trade agent before doing any rental contract

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you. I will need for delivery, where the keys will arrive, the following info's :

Name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Phone number:

I've attached pictures of my family
So looking forward to a future collaboration and friendship. Greetings from England!!

Fred Mingon
81 Elizabeth Street
London SW1W 9PG
United Kingdom
Phone : +44(0)20 7955 7776

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement