Room for Rent and other rental scams
#299902 by Bryon Williams Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:29 pm
Subject: RENTAL APPLICATION FORM Bryon Williams

Hello ,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house. There are some reason our house is up for lease the first is because i got transferred from my church to TEXAS (TX) where I work as a volunteer with Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (ECFA), and my wife is also a missionary's dealing with Bible Translation and literacy worldwide. The second reason we are here in texas is based our son`s condition, our son has been fighting cancer for two years now, this is the major thing we considered and decided to go on with the transfer. We will be away for 4 to 5 years or more. I spent less time in the State so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we were going to stay in Kentucky that was why I decided to put the house for rent.... The rent includes all utilities and close to all amenities. The place is available for immediate move in. UTILITIES INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Exterior type:Brick, Metal, Shingle, Stone, Wood Parking type: Garage, Garage lot, Covered lot Heating Source: Coal, Oil, Gas, Electric, Propane, Butane, Solar, Wood pellet, Other Heating Type: Central Furnace, Fireplace, Floor Furnace, Forced Air, Heat Pump, Hot Water, Radiant Floor, Hot water radiant floor, Radiator, Gas, Electric, Radiant Cooling Systems: Ceiling fan: yes, Air conditioning: yes Appliances: Washer: yes, Dryer: yes, Dishwasher: yes, Refrigerator: yes, Disposal: yes, Microwave: yes Interior Amenities: Washer/Dryer Hookups: yes, Attic: yes, Jetted Bath Tub: yes, Double pane Windows: yes, Skylight: yes, Vaulted Ceiling: yes, Window Coverings: yes, Intercom: yes, Security System: yes, Cable/Satellite: yes, Wet Bar: no, Furnished: yes, Fireplace: yes Exterior Amenities: Garden: yes, Disabled Access: yes.
NOTE My property is on rent to own basics ,one you rent the home ,after 6 months me and my wife will sell the house to you (IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT)

FILL OUT THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORM BELOW IF ONLY YOU'RE REALLY INTERESTED
1. Your Name and Names of people moving in with you:____________?
2. Profession:____________?
3. Present Address of the applicants:____________?
4. Reasons for Leaving:____________?
5. How many proposed occupants:____________?
6. Age and sex of each person:____________?
7. Do you smoke or drink? (We just want to know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings:____________?
8. Intended length of lease:____________?
9. Cell & Home:____________?
10. Email address:____________?
11. Single Or Married? (children):____________?
12. Pet: If any ( ):____________?
13. Are you a section 8 applicant:____________?
14. How much do you have at hand today to secure the property:____________?
15. How often do you do your current house cleaning:____________?
16. Date of Tenancy:____________?
17. Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand:____________?
18. Best way to reach you & time:____________?
19. How long do you intend staying:____________?
20. Do you have a felony or bad tenant history:____________?
21. How much do you have at hand now out the deposit to get the keys : ______________?

Criminal & Credit Background Check Authorization
Is there anything negative that we may find in our criminal or credit background check that you want to
comment on?

1st Month Rent & Refundable Security deposit will be paid before move in ..? Yes / No

I declare that the information I have provided is accurate. I authorize the individual or organization to which
this application is submitted to: (a) contact my references and all other persons that I have named in this
application; and (b) perform a credit and/or criminal check to assess my suitability as a tenant/lessee.
Applicant's Signature ___________________________ Date __________________

This is an easy way for me to screen applicants based on previous rental history and employment information.
If you have a felony or bad tenant history, I'm flexible and I'll work with you.

==============PROPERTY DESCRIPTION.........

Home address: 2315 Overlook Ct Naperville, IL 60563
Number of Bedrooms:2
Number of Bathrooms:2
Rent: 800
Refundable security Deposit:1,000

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information. Please respond ASAP. hope to read from you with more information. Thanks for the time and energy writing me, My regards to your family. HERE IS MY CELL PHONE NUMBER (281) 306-2047

Sincerely;
Mr. & Mrs. Charles Edington Arreola & Family.

sent from iphone

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#299963 by AdaIvelisse Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:44 am
Greetings!
Thank you very much for this I information. As recent as yesterday, I unfortunately got scamed as well. While checking rental homes on Craigs list, found the perfect house for a ridiculous monthly payment and, well, now I would say that someone, somewhere in this planet will use my ID for God knows what because I sent a copy of it by email answering all the questions the person(s) asked for.

The email I got looks similar to the one shown below so I'll copy it to you so no one else goes through what I'm going right now.

Again, thank you for the provided information.
Blessings!

Bryon Williams wrote:
Subject: RENTAL APPLICATION FORM Bryon Williams

Hello ,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house. There are some reason our house is up for lease the first is because i got transferred from my church to TEXAS (TX) where I work as a volunteer with Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (ECFA), and my wife is also a missionary's dealing with Bible Translation and literacy worldwide. The second reason we are here in texas is based our son`s condition, our son has been fighting cancer for two years now, this is the major thing we considered and decided to go on with the transfer. We will be away for 4 to 5 years or more. I spent less time in the State so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we were going to stay in Kentucky that was why I decided to put the house for rent.... The rent includes all utilities and close to all amenities. The place is available for immediate move in. UTILITIES INCLUDED IN THE RENT: Exterior type:Brick, Metal, Shingle, Stone, Wood Parking type: Garage, Garage lot, Covered lot Heating Source: Coal, Oil, Gas, Electric, Propane, Butane, Solar, Wood pellet, Other Heating Type: Central Furnace, Fireplace, Floor Furnace, Forced Air, Heat Pump, Hot Water, Radiant Floor, Hot water radiant floor, Radiator, Gas, Electric, Radiant Cooling Systems: Ceiling fan: yes, Air conditioning: yes Appliances: Washer: yes, Dryer: yes, Dishwasher: yes, Refrigerator: yes, Disposal: yes, Microwave: yes Interior Amenities: Washer/Dryer Hookups: yes, Attic: yes, Jetted Bath Tub: yes, Double pane Windows: yes, Skylight: yes, Vaulted Ceiling: yes, Window Coverings: yes, Intercom: yes, Security System: yes, Cable/Satellite: yes, Wet Bar: no, Furnished: yes, Fireplace: yes Exterior Amenities: Garden: yes, Disabled Access: yes.
NOTE My property is on rent to own basics ,one you rent the home ,after 6 months me and my wife will sell the house to you (IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT)

FILL OUT THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORM BELOW IF ONLY YOU'RE REALLY INTERESTED
1. Your Name and Names of people moving in with you:____________?
2. Profession:____________?
3. Present Address of the applicants:____________?
4. Reasons for Leaving:____________?
5. How many proposed occupants:____________?
6. Age and sex of each person:____________?
7. Do you smoke or drink? (We just want to know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings:____________?
8. Intended length of lease:____________?
9. Cell & Home:____________?
10. Email address:____________?
11. Single Or Married? (children):____________?
12. Pet: If any ( ):____________?
13. Are you a section 8 applicant:____________?
14. How much do you have at hand today to secure the property:____________?
15. How often do you do your current house cleaning:____________?
16. Date of Tenancy:____________?
17. Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand:____________?
18. Best way to reach you & time:____________?
19. How long do you intend staying:____________?
20. Do you have a felony or bad tenant history:____________?
21. How much do you have at hand now out the deposit to get the keys : ______________?

Criminal & Credit Background Check Authorization
Is there anything negative that we may find in our criminal or credit background check that you want to
comment on?

1st Month Rent & Refundable Security deposit will be paid before move in ..? Yes / No

I declare that the information I have provided is accurate. I authorize the individual or organization to which
this application is submitted to: (a) contact my references and all other persons that I have named in this
application; and (b) perform a credit and/or criminal check to assess my suitability as a tenant/lessee.
Applicant's Signature ___________________________ Date __________________

This is an easy way for me to screen applicants based on previous rental history and employment information.
If you have a felony or bad tenant history, I'm flexible and I'll work with you.

==============PROPERTY DESCRIPTION.........

Home address: 2315 Overlook Ct Naperville, IL 60563
Number of Bedrooms:2
Number of Bathrooms:2
Rent: 800
Refundable security Deposit:1,000

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As i am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information. Please respond ASAP. hope to read from you with more information. Thanks for the time and energy writing me, My regards to your family. HERE IS MY CELL PHONE NUMBER (281) 306-2047

Sincerely;
Mr. & Mrs. Charles Edington Arreola & Family.

sent from iphone

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.