Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#240646 by jsa1234 Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:11 pm
I THINK IM CURRENTLY BEING SCAMMED BY THE SAME KIND OF PERSON AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

she uses the same prompt and everything but she name is "Dr. cindi bowers" and she needs care for her old mother. i feel very very stupid for giving her my actual information. i also did deposit the check she gave me for the "wheelchair" and advance on my "payment". I'm going to void off the check tomorrow but I'm scared. i don't know what to do please help
Advertisement

#240676 by Dotti Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:15 pm
First thing tomorrow, contact your bank. Explain exactly what has happened and be prepared to show or forward the emails related to the scam. It won't hurt to contact the police and file a report if it is recommended.

Cut off all contact with the scammer. If "she" continues to email you, just don't respond. The scammer may threaten you, but you have committed no crime against him, and he is not going to travel anywhere near you.

In the future, you might want to google your name and address every once in a while, just to make sure your information is not being used in future scams.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#240811 by Fyn DaPirate Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:55 pm
I have been in contact with this Nancy Michelle. "She" said she was from Nevada. So I googled the name and location and sure enough there is a Nancy Michelle in Nevada. So, I continued to talk to this person. "She" said she was "hard to hearing" and was moving to my area blah blah blah. I felt weird about it and mentioned it to a friend who said it sounded like a scam. So I came home and googled Nancy Michelle care.com scam. This site came up. Then I googled the phone number 702-519-0062 and there are more people reporting the number as a scam. GRRRRRRRR
I have been looking for a job for a while now, I was excited, now I am angry. I hope this person is caught.
#253414 by Eb00262 Fri May 29, 2015 7:16 pm
I have just been involved in this scam. This person went by the name Nancy Williams. I was really excited about this opportunity because I just lost my job due to cut backs. Unfortunately, I did not see this until I had already given her information. The email address that was used is [email protected]. This was the first email I received.

Hello, thank you for responding to my text...I'm about to leave for work and i want to use the opportunity to email you, I live in FL, but i am moving to your area on e 14th of june. and i will need a babysitter for my 6yrs old Son immediately, Depend on what time you will be available for him and hrs if i am okay by it and i will also need you for an errand to help my mom pay her bills,do some shopping for my mom and son and pay for the furniture for my new house as started in my text . please let me know if you also work on weekend and make sure you let me know when its convenience for you .More importantly, I am willing to pay you just try and get back to me and let me know how much you want for the childcare and the errand helper, which i will pay you separately and handsomely for the errand because i will need to get some thing fix before i move down , like the furniture bills ,mom bills and some little stuff...(Mind you is just a flexible and simple errands, It does not affect your present job if you are not able to babysitter my son) I really need a honest and responsible person. This could be a temporary/permanent job. It depends on what your schedule looks like. I am moving to a new house that i need to fix some interior and get furniture and have contacted the furniture company because i don't know if you will like to stay in my house or you want my son to stay with you that really depend on what you want. I will let you know as soon as we finalize issues. I will like you to send me your complete name,address and cell phone number so i can include that to my payroll for the period. I also will like you to tell me a few things about yourself. Here is a little about me. I am a single mother, I am 39 and i am hard of hearing. I have lived in Irving, Texas before. I attended Texas School for the Deaf because i am hard hearing , where i achieved my highest qualification. I am a stock brokers and i also a member of charity organization that produce for the Charity (Self Employed). I am never married. I attend the catholic. You will get to know more when we meet. Kindly include in your email your complete name,address and also your cell phone number so i can text you in case i need to pass an urgent information.
NOTE : let me know your charges hourly or daily for the weekdays only? and any other thing you think jason will need so that i can make provision and also if there is anything you need to get to take care of him,please do tell me so that we can make all necessary arrangements prior to our arrival date.
I'm an independent bookkeeper contractor and i also produce for charity and with this Job i travel alot so you can work as long as you want with me but you have to be honest ....I have decided to choose you for this position and i do hope for a very eventful time with you while you look after my son and run an errand . My son name is Jason. I will like to state the job details to you again so we wouldn't have any complications at the end.The start date is (15th of JUNE).. The pay rate is $15/Hour You will be paid for his snacks/food daily or at the end of each week (which ever you prefer) so tell me what time will you be able to baby sitter him ?..about 6months ago i had a nanny for the him along West Colfax Avenue but she moved to Canada with her husband about 3months ago. I will like for us to meet on (14th,JUNE,2015) evening so we can talk about the kid-fun activities i will be interested in and get to know each other. We could meet at the McDonald's close to you if that works for you.I once booked a nanny and on arrival she told me she got another job which was a big disappointment.For this reason,I will like to commit you by paying (DEPOSITING) you for the first week of your service before our arrival to secure the date so i can be absolutely sure of having you care for Jason to enable things go perfectly without disappointment.I am planning on having furniture and other interior appliances for immediate delivery to my new house after payment so that you guys can stay in my house if you want and everything will be ready in my house and i want to ensure we are on the same page but kindly let me know if you will be able to do the errands together with the nanny or the only errands because is a very simple and flexible that wont affect your present job and you will be pay handsomely ...
I await to hear back from you. and also i will like you to take few minutes of your time to answer the few questions below

1)Can you drive?

2)Can you swim?

3) Do you smoke??

4)Do you have any criminal records?doesn't really matters to me as long as you have learn from your past mistakes,An ready to give you a chance.

5)where are you located presently and what is the address of McDonald's close to you ?

6) Are you First Aid and CPR certified?? ( Its just an added Advantage..)

7) Total charges for the hours

8) Date Of Birth ?

8) Let me know which one you will love to do if you can not do the both but its a flexible job

Thank you
NANCY

I feel so stupid.
#258429 by JacksonL Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:17 am
A nancy michelle has recently contacted me saying she got my number from care.com then as i wrote back proceeded to write me through my gmail. :twisted:
#268733 by LadyVega Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:08 pm
I just got contacted by NANCY MICHELLE so she text me saying she got my number through care.com and i she email me saying she at work and she lives in VA and moving to my area she is Hard Of hearing. she has 6 year old son and so on. so i was really happy to hear from this person they asked for my resume which i sent and my basic information name home address and cell. After chating with this person i went on google her name Nancy Michelle for VA found only one person then i found this website and saw this person a scammer. I alson called the number back which they have texted
please be watch out for Nancy Michelle
google and call the person to make sure and dont give out youre information
here is the email from nancy and phone number date september-21-2015
[email protected] (571)535-21988
#278606 by Shyshiana Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:54 am
Hi guys I just wanted to warn everyone that she or he has changed there name. I received a text from a 226 number and thought it couldn't be a scammer because the text said they were talking about me to a friend and then they gave me the woman's email. Her email is [email protected] and she sounded very convincing until she wouldn't answer my questions and when I looked up her email it is an exact copy of other scammer . She says she is coming down from Australia with her husband Richard and there 4yr old son but I guess that never happens. Anyway, please stay safe everyone
#278956 by admjrp620 Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:57 am
Shyshiana wrote:Hi guys I just wanted to warn everyone that she or he has changed there name. I received a text from a 226 number and thought it couldn't be a scammer because the text said they were talking about me to a friend and then they gave me the woman's email. Her email is [email protected] and she sounded very convincing until she wouldn't answer my questions and when I looked up her email it is an exact copy of other scammer . She says she is coming down from Australia with her husband Richard and there 4yr old son but I guess that never happens. Anyway, please stay safe everyone

I actually just received an email from this person, same story. We followed up to get more info and they said they would give us a key to their apartment and they would send us a check in the mail with money for groceries. They said they would be here on Janurary 5th.
#286977 by MysticMonster Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:08 pm
I just found out about this scam, and I had already given this person my name, address and phone number. I was listed on care.com as an errand runner and pet sitter, and a few days after my ad was up, I got a text. I was so excited about getting a client I could work with long term. I can't say I didn't see a few red flags on the way, but I was stupid enough to believe that they were just mistakes and that this person was who they said they were because they had sent me pictures of a mother and son and her dog, all of which were probably stolen.

I feel like a complete moron for letting them get as far as they did. I ended up getting a cashier's check from Billings Credit Union (in Montana) in the mail which I had really bad feelings about and my bank confirmed as fraudulent. I thought it was especially strange because this person said she was moving to my area from PA.

After I found out she was a scam, I checked the area code of the phone number, and it was from California.

If this happens to you, do not reply to ANY emails/texts claiming to be from your bank asking for your account number, or any "too good to be true" deals that just appear out of nowhere. Do not respond to any messages of those kinds that you get afterwards. Scammers try to outsmart the best of us, don't be a sucker.

Anyway, they went by the name "Kendra Hart". Here is the main part of the message they sent me after I sent my resume. Anything that appears similar to this is probably a scam.

Here is a little about me though: I am a single mother,34 years old and hard of hearing. I have lived in Irving, Texas before. I attended Texas School for the Deaf because I am hard hearing, where I achieved my highest qualification. I am a stock broker and i also a member of charity organization that produce for the Charity (Self Employed). I have never been married. I attend the catholic church. You will get to know more about me when we eventually meet.

This is the email when the scammer was talking about sending said fraudulent check:
I must say myself and my Son cant wait to meet you,I can assure you would have a splendid time working with my Family. First and foremost i will need you to run an errand before I move down which you will be payed for separately because some house interior needs to pay for but you will do all this at the Walmart Store close to you therefore, I will really need you to be honest with me. I will still need to find a tutor and a care giver for my son in the mean time to find a better school for him .. I will appreciate you working for us as one family not just a dog sitter. That increases the love and build a great partnership between us. I was able to finalize with the furniture company earlier,The furniture and other little house interior cost $2150. I'll have the Payroll Department mail you a check of $2,650 to cover all the expenses including your first week payment of ($15/hr x 5hrs/day = $75 x 5days a week= $375,The five hours might just be both dog sitting and errands though plus your errand fee of $75.00)So altogether you will get $450 and that will be deducted from the $2,650 once you receive the check.. You will also need to pay for the furniture and some house interiors but you will only make all the payment at the Walmart close to you... So i just want to confirm your information again and am sure it wouldn't be a difficult task for you. The payment will be mail out probably as soon as possible. Kindly confirm the information below for the check processing.

Name :
Home Address :
City:
State:
Zip code :
Cell Phone Number :

Just to make it clear,The check will come with the total amount of $2,650. as earlier said, $375 goes for your first week deposit, while $75 is mark up for errands and the rest will be for the payments of the furnitures and some interior. I hope you have a working bank account where the check will be deposited when received? I will look for your email soon to ensure everything is clear so I can forward your information.Just to make it clearer, am entrusting you to this, kindly get back if any change of plans to this regards because I do not want a situation of disappointment and I don't have the luxury of looking for another dog sitter. I want someone faithful and will enjoy working with me. I will be looking forward to read from you asap to ensure that everything is clearly understandable so that I can forward your information to my payroll manager.
Regards.

I want to kick myself for almost falling for this hoax.

Phone numbers the scammer used:
(617)807-0395 (claimed to be using mother's phone because "her son had messed up the screen"),
(408)805-7635 (the number the scammer had originally contacted me from.)
Email: [email protected]
Last edited by MysticMonster on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#286980 by Mike Wilson Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:28 pm
Hello MysticMonster,
I am glad that you discovered the scam before you lost money and possibly your bank account. Please post the telephone number and email address the scammer use when contacting you. This information will make good search keys for others that may be looking for information on this scammer.

Please post the email that asks you to send money to him, be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#297317 by Lkohl15 Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:04 pm
I just received a message today from a Nancy Michelle, claiming to be moving to my area and that she was from California. She found me on care.com for pet sitting. It all seemed great so I gave her my address. I was really hopeful but something didn't feel right so I googled the name and this website popped up. Here is the email and number she used:
(334) 357-7471
[email protected]

Really disappointing people do this.
#299080 by Graceh Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:03 pm
Hi all, I guess I'm just the latest to be scammed by this person, though it didn't get farther than a second email where she basically asked me to pay for her son's new wheelchair. Just wanted to provide the information here for others.

She said her name was Angela Smith and she had gone to Texas school for the deaf, but was currently in Florida and moving to my area soon. The email she used was [email protected] and the number was +1 (305) 306-5830.

Hopefully this helps!
#346760 by ToxicXchocolate Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:05 pm
I experienced this a few hours ago. I just joined Sitter.com and received these emails almost identical. The email is [email protected] and the number is 678-801-9932. The name is Nancy Michelle or Gloria Michelle. Beware.
#351865 by nicolemoon Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 pm
OHMYGOSH. THANK GOODNESS I LOOKED IT UP. It seemed too good to be true. This so-called Nancy Smith/Nancy Michelle person. Ughhh. I'm scared. I gave her my numer, email and address. She used the email: [email protected]. And the number she used was: (404)448-2278.

This is the email that she had sent me...

Hello, thank you for responding to my text...I'm about to leave for work and i want to use the opportunity to email you, I live in CA,am hard hearing person but i am moving to your area on the 14th of January 2018. and i will need a pet sitter for my dog immediately, Depend on what time you will be available for him and hrs if i am okay by it and i will also need you for an errand to help my mom pay her bills,do some shopping for my mom and pay for the furniture for my new house as started in my text .please let me know if you also work on weekend and make sure you let me know when its convenience for you .More importantly, I am willing to pay you just try and get back to me and let me know how much you want for the dog and the errand helper, which i will pay you separately and handsomely for the errand because i will need to get some thing fix before i move down , like the furniture bills ,mom bills and some little stuff...(Mind you is just a flexible and simple errands, It does not affect your present job if you are not able to dog sit) I really need a honest and responsible person. This could be a temporary/permanent job. It depends on what your schedule looks like. I am moving to a new house that i need to fix some interior and get furniture and have contacted the furniture company because i don't know if you will like to stay in my house or you want my dog to stay with him that really depend on what you want. I will let you know as soon as we finalize issues. I will like you to send me your complete name,address and cell phone number so i can include that to my payroll for the period. I also will like you to tell me a few things about yourself. Here is a little about me. I am a single mother, I am 39 and i am hard of hearing. I have lived in California I attended Bakersfield School for the Deaf because i am hard hearing , where i achieved my highest qualification. I am a stock brokers and i also a member of charity organization that produce for the Charity (Self Employed). I am never married. I attend the catholic. You will get to know more when we meet.I'm an independent bookkeeper contractor and i also produce for charity and with this Job i travel alot so you can work as long as you want with me but you have to be honest ....I have decided to choose you for this position and i do hope for a very eventful time with you while you look after my dog and run an errand . My dog name is Teddy. I will like to state the job details to you again so we wouldn't have any complications at the end.The start date is 14th of January 2018 ... The pay rate is $15-20/Hour You will be paid for his snacks/food daily or at the end of each week (which ever you prefer) so tell me what time will you be able to dog sitter him ?..about 6months ago i had a pet sitter for my dog along Down Town but she moved to Canada with her husband about 3months ago. I will like for us to meet on (14th of January 2018) evening so we can talk about the dog-fun activities i will be interested in and get to know each other. We could meet at the McDonald's close to you if that works for you.I once booked a pet sitter and on arrival she told me she got another job which was a big disappointment.For this reason,I will like to commit you by paying (DEPOSITING) you for the first week of your service before our arrival to secure the date so i can be absolutely sure of having you care for Jason to enable things go perfectly without disappointment.I am planning on having furniture and other interior appliances for immediate delivery to my new house after payment so that you guys can stay in my house if you want and everything will be ready in my house and i want to ensure we are on the same page but kindly let me know if you will be able to do the errands together with the nanny or the only errands because is a very simple and flexible that wont affect your present job and you will be pay handsomely

Kindly include in your email your complete name,address and also your cell phone number so i can text you in case i need to pass an urgent information.

NOTE : let me know your charges hourly or daily for the weekdays only? and any other thing you think teddy will need so that i can make provision and also if there

is anything you need to get to take care of him,please do tell me so that we can make all necessary arrangements prior to our arrival date.
I await to hear back from you. and also i will like you to take few minutes of your time to answer the few questions below

1)Can you drive?

2) Do you smoke??

4)Do you have any criminal records?doesn't really matters to me as long as you have learn from your past mistakes,An ready to give you a chance.

5)where are you located presently and what is the address of McDonald's close to you ?

6) Are you First Aid and CPR certified?? ( Its just an added Advantage..)

7) Total charges for the hours

8) Date Of Birth ?

8) Let me know which one you will love to do if you can not do the both but its a flexible job

Thank you