Room for Rent and other rental scams
#298881 by Michelle Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:38 am
Reply-To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: Large Private Bedroom and Bath w/Garage Spot

Greetings to you,

My 1BR apartment is located in 1311 Euclid St Santa Monica, CA 90404 it's available for $900 monthly rent including utilities. It features: Refrigerator, Stove/Oven,garage, Balcony, Deck,or Patio, Air conditioning, Walk-in closet, Hardwood floor, Living room, Cable-ready, High-speed internet,Garage parking, Washer/Dryer and the apartment is not furnished.i am looking for a responsible person or family to occupy and maintained the Place now that i am not around, i initially wanted to sell the Property posted online before i was advised not to sell it but to put it on for rent/lease

I own the this apartment and renting to you so this is not a sublease or a guesthouse, My name is Adriana Roman , a passionate volunteering family, working with a non governmental organization such as Free Methodist Church Ministry (FMCUSA) and Connect & Cure Medical Missions Organization (MMO) in conjunction with International Child Care Ministries and Volunteers in Service Abroad (VISA) in partnership with World Race Community' https://www.worldrace.org/ . So i had to relocate to Washington where i currently do my job and stay very close to my extended families

I'm sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now, as there was no formal intent of renting this unit, I had no building manager because i lived there and there was no need for the one,There is no way for you to see the unit because i did not make plans for it but You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and environment. Just last week we left for this commendable groundbreaking project but had inconclusive working with an agent so I decided to come down here with the keys to my apartment. Please answer the questions below if you are interested in the price and location of my apartment. Please note that i am hard of hearing and may not communication fluently via phone call, so i suggest we keep it via email, i'll hope you understand that. But you can text me on 323 744 9697

Name and Age?
Address and Phone?
Number of occupants?
Pet or Car?
Occupation?
Move in date and period of renting?
Gender?

Attached are the pictures of my 1BR , $900 monthly rent with utilities and $1000 for the security deposit, first and last month rent with security deposit would be required to move in. Kindly reply back ASAP.

Thanks and God bless,

Best Regards.
Adriana Y. Roman

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement