Room for Rent and other rental scams
#298168 by Michelle Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 pm
[email protected]

The thing is this; I can travel over to meet you and show the flat base on your seriousness. The flat is free and you can move in as soon as possible. I understand you will want to see and be sure everything is perfect before you actually rent and sign the contract. I will suggest we make someone from your side as intermediary; third party from your side as safety for both of us; cos i wont want to travel over and later realise or discover you are not serious to rent or you dont have the money to pay me; I think you understand?

I will suggest you show me the proof that you have the money ready to pay me when I come to show you the flat. I suggest you get the money cash; go to the nearest Western union bank; pay the money to any of your friend or family name. The name of your friend will be the receiver of the payment as safety to your side. Send me the transfer receipt of the transfer as proof, then i book my flight ticket as soon as possible to meet you. We meet and i show you the flat; if all is perfect; then we handle the contract and i hand over the flat keys to you; we then go together to the nearest Western union bank where you deposited the money; cancel the transfer and get back the money cash and pay me.

Just like this: Go to the nearest Western union bank; tell the cashier you want to make a transfer to your friend; you will be given a slip to fill, the slip request for the following details SENDERS NAME SENDERS COUNTRY

RECEIVERS NAME

RECEIVERS COUNTRY

AMOUNT

Your name will be the sender and your address; your friends name will be the receiver and Germany as the country, So the money will be with the Western union bank as deposit to your friend name till i come to show you the flat.

send me the transfer receipt as proof; then i book my ticket and meet you and show you the flat and finalise the contract once.

We can discuss further by whatsapp: +447534391512

Sandra

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement