Room for Rent and other rental scams
#297934 by Michelle Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:35 am

Hello,
How are you doing today? We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, my house is still available for rent, but all i want is someone who i can put my Trust on and a God-fearing person, i rented my house to some families, I must say am really disappointed in them, They claim to be very neat and honest but they couldn't afford to pay the rent for 4 months which is very bad, they lied to me filling out the rental application form, telling me that they're capable of paying the rent, they also damaged some of my properties which had been fixed NOW. My name is David the owner of the property you are inquiry off, and may be your future landlord. Yes my house still available for rent, but presently I'm on a business trip out of state. Am into supply of jewelries, refine gold, uncut and cut diamond stones and precious stones for buying and selling to most jeweller in California, China, Florida, New York, Toronto and Paris, therefore i am presently at the mine to make some purchase of golds and diamonds from some of my African miners. Couple of months back, I wanted to sell the house because we don't stay there often.. Actually I resided in the place with my family before, so i have to do the selling through a realty company which i got one of their agent handle that for me, but later i changed my mind because the realtor is asking beyond what i offered for their own income so i told them to cancel the sales because i want to rent it out myself for sometime before thinking on what to do with it, while i spoken to a friend of mine in China in same field of business with me which he did leased is home out online, He was the one that gave me the idea and website where i listed my house for rent, So for this reason and more please ignore whatever realtor sign you see on the house or whatever sales advert you see over the internet in a short period of time the realtor will delete the post on the internet.

This is the address of the house, I will advice you drive by and look at it from the outside to confirm the address: (34 Maplewood Ave, Clifton, NJ 07013 ) And don't trespass the house to avoid getting into trouble with the authority just take a drive by to confirm the address and come back with your comment.
Pls I will like you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i plan to handle for you to take possession of it while we're away, so i will solicit for your perfect maintenance of this place and will loves you to treat it as your own. My family and i want someone who will really take very good care of the home not the money involve am sure you know that "Fingers Are Not Equal", So there might be someone out there who is looking for a shelter, A roof over his head but has little to offer, If i claim to be a good Christian and i have plenty why cant i use the opportunity to help others?? My only problem is someone to take care of the home nothing else and i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I'll like to know few things about you and your family such as below:-

RENTAL/RESIDENCE HISTORY

1.) Your full Name?______________________________
2.) Your full address & mobile number / home, best time to call #?______________________________
3.) Marital Status / DOB?___________________________________________
4.) How many people will be living in the house and Names of people moving in with you?_________________________
5.) Length of previous tenancy and occupation of each person move in with you?______________________________
6.) Do you have a car / Do you have a pet? Please describe Breed, size______________________________
7.) Are you a section 8 applicant?__________________
8.) Do you run a business from home, If so what kind of business?___________________
9.) How often do you do your current house cleaning?___________________
10.) When will you like to move in?_____________________________
11.) How long are you willing to stay in the property?________________
12.) When are you ready to Move In, please write exact move in date?________________
13.) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1 month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ??________________
14.) Earliest possible date of deposit?_____________
15.) Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand?_______________________
16.) Do you work late night and do you smoke and drink? (We just wanna know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings.
17.) REFERENCE?__________________

Kindly write back on how you will take care of the house or perhaps experience you have in renting home, the monthly rent: $785 / 3BR - 2 full bathroom per month plus $785 for refundable security deposit. ANY TYPE OF PETS ARE WELCOME BUT WITH SOME RESTRICTION, DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PET.
I look forward to hear from you soonest at your convenient with the rental questionnaire above fill out politely so we can discuss on how to get my house for rent, are you ready to move in anytime soon?
Thanks.
Mr. David Musa
N.B: You can call / text me on my mobile number if you have access to call internationally on +2348182795279 or possibly on my application # (443) 502-0636.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement