Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#297461 by hamit.shan Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm
Dear Friends, Could this be Scam?!
after 5 days of process and exchanging e-mails between me and the directed company! I received this E-Mail! asking me to pay about $1000 to a bank account in USA Florida with a Strange Name!

the E-Mail:
Attention XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is to inform you that we have received the visa application filled form and the required documents submitted as email attachment. We shall apply in accordance to the state of Qatar and obtain your visa and work permit.

As a matter of fact your visa will be ready within 5 working days from the day of the payment. Attached is the Payment proforma invoice issued by the State Of Qatar Ministry of Interior, General Directorate of Border Passports & Expatriates Affairs department. Payment should be made in accordance to the instruction embedded on the invoice. Therefore it should be made directly to the legal department in USA and have the payment slip send to us for confirmation.

Thanks for your patronage .

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Global Visa Consultant.
Tel : 44704 574 7943
Fax: 44700 593 8631

I am asking if this could be scam?!
I hope you can help me Friends! Thank you!
Advertisement

#297462 by AlanJones Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm
Please post the email address that the above mail was sent from, along with the actual email that had the bank account details in it and the details (and email message) of the person who directed you to "Global Visa Consultant".

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#297490 by hamit.shan Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:42 am
E-Mail address of Global Visa Consultant: [email protected]

This is E-Mail Message of Person who directed me to Global Visa Consultant
Api Group Inc
1100 Old Hwy 8 NW, New Brighton, MN 55112, United States.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1-423-388-3415, +1-406-646-6477
Fax: +1-406-636-4320
http://www.apigroupinc.com
Skype ID: apigrpinc

Applicant XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

CONTRACT AGREEMENT/APPOINTMENT LETTER

After due considerations and assessment of the certificate documents you have sumbitted and the Online Job Interview Questionnaire, you have been confirmed capable of working with Api Group Inc. Congratulations as the company wishes to welcome you as soon as this offer is accepted by you.

The enclosed attached file is the scan copy of the CONTRACT AGREEMENT/APPOINTMENT LETTER for your perusal. You are advised to study the terms and conditions of the company and sign the document and return back as email attachment if accepted by you. Other details in respect of the post, salary and relevant benefits are enclosed to the Offer of Appointment Letter.

We shall be sending to you the EMPLOYMENT LETTER upon returning the signed Contract Agreement/Appointment letter. Kindly forward the signed copy of the Contract Agreement/Appointment to the Global Visa Consultant for their approval and commencement on your Travelling Papers.

Note that you are to bear the cost and responsibility of your travelling documents while you send us list of expenses for reimbursement not more than 5 days of your arrival to Qatar, After your travel documents are ready do not delay to send us copies of them via scan e-mail attachment for our verification and confirmation, so as to proceed with the arrangement of your accommodation, booking of your flight ticket for joining our team in our branch, Qatar.

The Company shall also provide for you’re travelling ticket upon confirmation of receipt of your travelling papers, You are directed to contact below the Global Visa Consultant who has been appointed to take care of the preparation of the travelling papers of all Api Group Inc employees.

HEAD OF VISA/WORK PERMITS OPERATIONS.
GLOBAL VISA CONSULTANT
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact Person: Richard Clinton

Update us with the process between you and the Global Visa Consultant in case of advice where necessary.

While sending back the signed copy of the Offer of Employment Letter if accepted, endeavor to send your International passport scan copy to enable the management issue you an Invitation Letter and Employment Letter for immediate processing of your Traveling Documents by the Global Visa Consultant.

Best Regards,
Dr. Eric Eversole
Human Resources Manager
APi Group Inc
Skype ID: apigrpinc

The Payment proforma invoice sent from Global Visa Consultant is Like this:

State of Qatar, Ministry of Interior, Committee For Looking Into incomers' application.

STATE OF QATAR LABOUR APPROVAL
PAYMENT SCHEDULE

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

TERM: Due upon receipt
DESCRIPTION: Labour Approval
AMOUNT: $1,250 DOLLARS
TOTAL: $1,250 DOLLARS

Mode of payment: [b]Bank, WESTERN UNION, MONEY GRAM
, Name of Receiver: WILLIAM DUNN address: FLORIDA 33872, USA

On confirmation of payment by our Account Office "******WILLIAM DUNN======" the Labour Permit and Entry Clearance Certificate will be issued within 24hrs.
[/b]
in footer there is Stamp of STATE OF QATAR MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
below the stamp typed: Muhammad Abdurahman Khalifa
STATE OF QATAR
Ministry of Interior

and also there is a Signature on the above Stamp.

I hope you can help me friends with this...
#297491 by AlanJones Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:22 am
The use of the free consultant.com email addresses prove it is a scam - a legitimate company operating globally would not be using free email addresses or +4470 personal redirect phone numbers.

There is no job, the scammer just wants to steal the fees that he is charging you for a non-existent visa.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#297542 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:29 pm
On top of that, a company in Minnesota would not have phone numbers in Tennessee and Montana but none in Minnesota, legitimate companies do not ask for payment by Western Union or MoneyGram, and the email shows some signs of being written by a West African. It is a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10