Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#263544 by Zainub90 Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:27 am
Im aware theres already 2 or 3 posts about this but thought its best if I still share this. Husband applied for a job over the internet with a well known company, Vinci Construction from the UK. Im from the UK myself and I checked the website and found it to be a legit company. This is the set of emails we got, husband is not used to the UK email and letter format so he didnt suss it out. plus he was confident since his current employer has had joint ventures with vinci before. husband initially copy and pasted the email to fwd it to me so i looked over the fact there were no official logos signatures headers and footers etc.
anyway this is how it started

We have received your submitted CV/RESUME and we sincerely appreciate your interest in our company, in line with this, we have reviewed your CV/RESUME for employment consideration as your education back ground, previous experience meets up with the required qualifications for the Post of Planner / Scheduler with the salary amount of 8,500 GB Pounds per month.

We are desirous of having you work with us after this assessment by us, as we see your skills as value addition to our company and our clients respectively.

Benefit:
The company will provide free accommodation ,Insurance (NIN) ,Flight Ticket, Tax Free, salary allowance , Free Medical Expenses , Vacation paid leave Allowance and many more benefit you will see in your Appointment Letter

•Employees shall also be entitled to over-time allowance if their work time exceeds the official stipulated hours. Salary shall be liable to increments with time and employees' official promotions and position in service.

•Contract Period: 2 Years contract and it can be extended if only you wish to remain with our company
We are offering you 3month vacation interval (within a year) and during this period.. You have the chance to visit your love ones and family. The company will take care of your Vacation flight ticket (Return Ticket to and fro).

As a notice of acceptance of job offer, we shall send you appointment and invitation letter for you to sign and return the sign copy back to us for record purpose. So therefore kindly let us know if you are satisfied with the salary rate above in order for us to proceed further.

Please keep this job reference number (AUG/2015/UK/JOB/230DJOBSO88) important as it will be needed from time to time in respect of your job application and Interview. For more information and enquires kindly add our chat I.D ( hrdepartmentofukjob )

HR Manager
Stella Angela
vinci Construction Plc
Astral House
Imperial Way, Watford
Hertfordshire, WD24 4WW,London
+447031990925

husband then emailed them back asking for details about the job role, project location (very important), family accomodation etc. they replied with the following. note I am pasting original email, there was no name, no greeting, any of the usual official formats. and the job role also seemed to have been copy and pasted from elsewhere. they also did not address any of my husbands other enquiries except for job role. no name of the sender, which is unprofessional of such a huge company, and grammar and punctuation was also off

In response to your job application, You are to download the Job Interview Questionnaire form attach to this mail, fill in your answers and send it back to us via email.

Please keep note of your job application file reference number because we shall use it from time to time to complete the processing of your job application.

We want to bring to your notice your monthly salary is on Net Salary which means company will take care of your Taxes. If you are willing to relocate and seriously ready to work with us , then we shall make arrangement for your Traveling Document.

JOB DETAILS
Design all project schedule and contract agreements and ensure integrity of data in all project life cycle and prepare required reports to provide support to all clients.

Prepare an efficient Contract Master Schedule and maintain knowledge of all key project milestones.

Administer project from conceptualization to implementation and evaluate all issues.

Design all planning controls for various levels and fabricate all resources.

Design an efficient engineering schedule and prepare all vendor packages in coordination with project technical directors.

Ensure compliance to schedule and manage all project deliverables and recommend increase in all engineering processes.

Administer all projects and assist in appropriate distribution of all project hours.

Evaluate all man hours spent for various activities and prepare accurate reports for same and maintain record of all project progress.

Evaluate all fabrication site and vendor schedule and ensure adherence to contract master schedule.

Ensure efficiency of all schedule plant production with help of ERP business system software

Collaborate with all cross functional team to maintain quality assurance for all activities.

Assist to identify and resolve all issues in normal operations and manage all communication for all schedule disruption.

Design and manage all stock transfer requests for ERP system.

Administer efficiency in all fluid integration for systems and department processes and analyze ERP system for organization and prepare efficient schedule of all activities.

Provide all update on information systems and maintain all technical and non technical information and monitor all manufacturing processes.

Perform audits on various plans and prepare all required documents and provide required training to all subordinates.

Participate in all process engineering meetings.

Provide support to all process control operations and recommend improvements.

We are looking forward in receiving the job interview questionnaire fill form ..so that we can email your Appointment Letter to you .

Thank you for your cooperation and interest in our company .

Recruiting Dept.
Best Regards
Awaiting your urgent reply

through all of this they have not specified when if and how they will conduct an interview atleast over the phone. husband filled in the interview and we sent it back.then came the following

In response to your submitted Online interview to our office, we have updated your full bio-data and attached to this mail is your Appointment Letter. At the same time, your online Interview answers and your Bio-data information has been forwarded to our recruitment department for proper scrutinizing regarding the applied vacancy and qualified applicants will be short listed in the next 24-48 hrs, hence go through the enclosed attachment of Appointment letter and apply signatures and name where designated only if you agree with the entire terms and conditions contained therein .

kindly return sign copy of your Appointment Letter in order to assist us in making advance preparation regarding your Traveling Document. As soon as we receive a copy of the sign contract letter we shall proceed with the payment for your flight ticket and provide you with the Flight Itinerary.Also if you have any specific date in mind for your Departure , please kindly write to us.

We await to receive Sign Appointment Letter to proceed further.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Recruiting Dept.
Best Regards

appointment letter came as the following with some blurry vinci logos and random pictures of construction workers copy and pasted at the top and bottom. font was also unofficial and things like laundry being taken care of (in the UK?!) made me begin to question stuff even though I was half asleep when I read it

OFFER OF APPOINTMENT
Date: 13-Aug-2015
Attention: Abdul Sami,
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (TWO YEARS CONTRACT)
We have in file, your resume, and application. After the evaluation of the whole
document, We found you qualified to work with our team.
Hence, we seek to employ your service as Planner / Scheduler.
Details of your remuneration and entitlement are as follows:
1. SALARY
You will receive GBP 8,500.00 (Eight Thousand Five Hundred Great British Pound Monthly. Funds can be transferred to any Bank designated by you and this must be in conformity with the present tax situation of the country.
2. ALLOWANCE/ENTITLEMENTS
Hazard/Inconvenience GBP 350.00(Monthly)
Car maintenance GBP 625.00 (Monthly)
House & Furnishing: GBP 5000.00 (Yearly)
Entertainment & Recreation: GBP 285.00 (Monthly)
Travel & Event: GBP 550.00 (Monthly)
3. PAID LEAVE PERIOD /TRAVEL
All employees are entitled to 2/3 months paid leave which can be taken once at a time or 2 weeks apart one different period. All employees will receive GBP 4,805.00 take home for each leave period. All employees are also entitled to free Accommodation, Food and Flight ticket.
4. MEDICAL EXPENSES
Employer will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the term of contract and follow on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract for employee and family.
5. OFFICE ASSETS TO BE PROVIDED BY EMPLOYER
Computer resources : HP Mini Touch Smart - Intel Dual Core - 320 GB/2 GB - 11" - Windows 7# New Model: in Smart Touch, Operating system: Windows 7,Processor type: Intel Dual Core ,Hard drive capacity:320 GB,Memory:2 GB, Display size:11" ,Volume:0.00 ,Weight:0.00 ,Brand: HP, Spare Battery and necessary software, full time internet access is also made available.
6. ADDITIONAL SERVICES
Recreation/Sports facilities shall also be made available at the disposal with no expenses to be incurred. Laundry and dry cleaning services will also be made available to all workers by the company’s laundry and dry cleaning unit.
We are offering you 3month vacation interval and during this period .. you have the chance to visit your love ones and family . The company will take care of your Vacation flight ticket (Return Ticket to and fro). During this period.. you will still continue to receive your monthly salary and it will be wire to any bank of your choice depending on where you choose to spend your Vacation.
On attaining permanent status, your salary and allowances shall be revised at absolute discretion of the management. The institution reserves the right to dismiss you on the ground of but not limited to gross misconduct, dishonesty and all other acts likely to bring the institution into disrepute or to cancel loss of goodwill or to any other ground which in the opinion of the institution warrant summary dismissal.
Your entitlement for leave and other fringe benefits will be in accordance with rules and regulations of the institution as may be released from time to time.
If this offer is acceptable to you, please signify your acceptance by signing at the foot of the attached duplicate copy of this letter and return it to us, otherwise the offer will be regarded as having lapsed.
I HEREBY ACCEPT THIS JOB OFFER WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITONS STATED THEREIN
NAME: …………………………………..
SIGNATURE: ………………………………
ADDRESS: …………………………………
DESIGNATION............................................

husband rang me and asked me to read it through and tell him what i think. i finally decided to check out their website properly and came across their fraudulent job offers warning http://www.vinciconstruction.co.uk/work ... ob-offers/
I checked through the emails and docs again and the email address they were sending from [email protected] and the chat ID they gave rang warning bells, so I rang the number that the real vinci corporation gives on the above link and asked them; they confirmed its a scam and that they do not ask anyone to pay a penny for visas etc and require a video conference or phone interview or face to face.
I realise this was very long but i felt it was important to describe each step since its better its recognised early on before confirming or sending any bank etc details. a lot of people apply from the middle east or asia, very hard working and hopeful people like my husband, who want to earn and provide for their families. things like this get hopes up very high. people like my husband are not accustomed to official UK style email formats etc and if he did not ask me its possible he would have gone through with it. thankfully so far they had not asked for visa payment etc but i expect they would have eventually. i hope no one gets caught in this and also as this website already warns, do not inform the scammer that you have caught on as they will then change email details and continue to harm people
Advertisement

#263553 by Tim Atem Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am
I'm sorry you and your husband were caught in this scam, but thank you for taking the time to post your story here. It will help warn others,

It's not uncommon for employment scams to piggy-back on a legitimate company, unfortunately. Always meet your employer face to face. No legitimate company hires through an online e-interview.

More information about how these employment scams work can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3230

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#263561 by vonpaso xlura Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:05 am
The writing is West African, and the phone number beginning +44-70 is a redirect to wherever the scammer is. contractor.net is a free email domain; a legitimate company with its own domain wouldn't use it.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#296866 by Elvis Fernandes 90 Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:58 pm
I received the below mail for which i applied for. Please help me with this. Is it a scam?

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We have received your submitted the info about yourself and we sincerely appreciate
your interest in our company, in line with this, we have reviewed your
CV/RESUME for employment consideration as your education back ground,
previous experience meets up with the required qualifications for the
Post of Mechanical Engineer with the salary amount of 7,500 GB Pounds
per month.

We are desirous of having you work with us after this assessment by
us, as we see your skills as value addition to our company and our
clients respectively.

Benefit:
The company will provide free accommodation ,Insurance (NIN) ,Flight
Ticket,Tax Free, Medical Expenses , Vacation
paid leave Allowance and many more benefit you will see in your
Appointment Letter

Working Schedule:
*Working Days & time: Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00PM (GMT) with
break period of 2hrs hours only,beginning from 12.00noon to 2.00pm

* Employees shall also be entitled to over-time allowance if their
work time exceeds the official stipulated hours. Salary shall be
liable to increments with time and employees' official promotions and
position in service.

* Saturday & Sunday: Off Day

*Shift Time: Morning and Night.

*Contract Period: 2 Years contract and it can be extended if only you
wish to remain with our company

We are offering you 4month vacation interval and during this period..
You have the chance to visit your love ones and family. The company
will take care of your Vacation flight ticket (Return Ticket to and
fro).

As a notice of acceptance of job offer, we shall send you appointment
and invitation letter for you to sign and return the sign copy back to
us for record purpose. So therefore kindly let us know if you are
satisfied with the salary rate above in order for us to proceed
further.

Please keep this job reference number (CAREER/UK/2015/TBHL017)
important as it will be needed from time to time in respect of your
job application and Interview.
We await to receive acceptance letter from you.

Best Regards
Mark Santos{HRM}
+447031928107
ALT EMAIL:[email protected]
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotation.