Room for Rent and other rental scams
#296847 by Michelle Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:56 am

Subject: RE: Fully Equipped furnished one bedroom Apartment for rent
To: Michelle Banks

Hello,

Thanks so much for your interest. My apartment is still very much available for rent, I am looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that am not around due to my official job transfer to United kingdom, I hope you are okay with the price of 3250Dkk per month plus 4000Dkk for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

My apartment is well furnished and fully decorated with a lot of house and kitchen equipment such as: Wireless internet facilities, Electricity, Gas cooker, Water, Television, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, stove, oven and coffee maker the bills of all the utilities is included in the rent amount.

My apartment is located at (Sankt Pauls Gade 9, 1313 Copenhagen, Denmark) the apartment spacious is about 60sqm and a room is about 30sqm restaurant and public transport all around and it's few minutes walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in Copenhagen. its on the second floor of the building also you can register with my address, as am not around so all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside, but i want you to understand that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys. that is why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like. it is available for short term and long-term basis depend on how long you want it because am going to be here for 2 years and i don't want my apartment to be dusty when coming back after 2 years. this is the reason why i want to rent out this apartment.

But before any reservation, can you tell me little about yourself.?

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
What is your experience in renting an apartment?
Are you going to stay alone?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
Present occupation?
Did you have car?
what is your gender?
How old are you?
Mobile Number?
Best time to call you?
Your picture?

Awaiting to your respond as soon as possible so that i can explain to you on how you going to reserved my apartment. you can simply reach me on +447087691089 for further discussion on the apartment.

Best Regards
James

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#301594 by Michelle Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:01 pm
James Rodriguez <[email protected]>:
The house rent includes all utilities such as water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, the security deposit payment will be refundable while packing out at the end of your lease without any lost or damage of my properties, i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own.