Scams offering fake Au Pair positions
#261881 by Egle Xiao Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 am
Hi. I was looking for an Au Pair job. One family from London have find me. I saw all pictures of them, but after I agreed to work I just have this letters coming.

I was required to fill questionnaire form .

Au pair Application Questionnaire
Be informed that we have received your details from Eric Shaw, regarding a pending job offer as nanny to a 6year old. Kindly fill in the form below detailed information as required for assessment to enable us compile your requirement checklist as well as job contract letter.
NOTE: Information provided on this form must be valid, very viable and not falsified as traces of ingenuity will dismiss your application.
FILL THE FORM BELOW USING BLOCK LETTERS.
Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Nationality: ______________________ Date of birth: __________________ Sex: ________
Marital Status: ___________________
Tick the boxes bellow in affirmation.
Do you smoke? YES NO
Have you been to UK before? YES NO
Will you like to be registered for English classes? YES NO MAYBE
Can you swim? YES NO
In the event of Au pair application, the Au pair will be required to prove that he/she is capable to meet the necessary financial status for entry into the United Kingdom, as well as Au pair/ Care giver financial status endorsement.
I will be able to meet up with the necessary financial requirements in the course of my application.
Disclaimer: Information as found on this form is not falsified but original and verifiable, as I will be held responsible if found wanting.
Surname: ___________________First Name: __________________ Other Names: _________________

After that I got this documents.... And now I don't know if it's scam or it's real. Do I really need to pay deposit for coming in UK? As I am European and do not need visa...

A PROPERTY OF UK HOME OFFICE, ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY A LEGAL PRACTITIONER IN THE UK HOME OFFICE
A PROPERTY OF UK HOME OFFICE, ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY A LEGAL PRACTITIONER IN THE UNITED KINGDOM HOME OFFICE
Mr. ERIC SHAW Position Reference: AUPAIR 27/07/2015 AGREEMENTRELATING TO AN AU PAIR INVITATION AND PLACEMENT SUBJECT TO THE AGREEMENT ON AU PAIR APPOINTMENT OF (24 NOVEMBER 1969)
Contract letter of invitation and agreement between Mr. Eric Shaw family and Joe Eglė Juozapaitytė born on .................................... a citizen of ………………………………...., with phone number ……………………….. Sex: ………………. which starts from the date of resumption of work. You will be required to work for a maximum of 30hours per week. You will have the weekends free to do whatever you like or you can choose to spend it with us. ABOUT HOME: Unique and superbly positioned four bedroom detached house benefiting from plenty of entertaining space as well as an indoor swimming pool with spa facilities. Four bedrooms, two with en suites, 3 family bathrooms, full visitors’ apartment (Private Live-Out), three reception rooms, downstairs cloakroom and 2 fitted kitchen. The property further benefits from having a garage, off street parking and a landscaped garden with a private gate. ACCOMODATION: You would have a Private Live-in or Live Out with Private Bathroom, Sitting Room and Bedroom. Your room would also be furnished with a Television Set, an Internet Ready Computer System and a Fixed Landline telephone by us. But we ask that all rooms be kept tidy and that friends staying over should only do so with our permission. HEALTH INSURANCE:
A PROPERTY OF UK HOME OFFICE, ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY A LEGAL PRACTITIONER IN THE UK HOME OFFICE
A PROPERTY OF UK HOME OFFICE, ONLY ACCESSIBLE BY A LEGAL PRACTITIONER IN THE UNITED KINGDOM HOME OFFICE
Your health insurance will be taken care of by the host family as this is ensured before the permission to work will be granted. SALARY& BENEFITS: You will be paid an amount of 500GBP (FIVE HUNDRED GREAT BRITISH POUNDS) as a weekly pocket money for your upkeep. Additional hours will be paid at a rate that we may agree between ourselves from time to time. Start Date and Period of Employment: You are expected to start as soon as you arrive and stay for a minimum three 3 months to one 1 years. If I am satisfied with your work I can assist you in getting a good job here in UK after our contract is over. If due to circumstances beyond your control or for any other reason, you wish to leave at an earlier date than our agreement, you will be required to give two weeks’ notice. If we require you to leave, subject to the conditions specified under ‘discipline’ we will give you a minimum of one month notice. Duties and responsibilities: Your main duty is to take care of my son Donald. Get him prepared for school, pick him up after school and take him for walks in the park. DISCIPLINE: Reasons which could give rise to disciplinary measures are as follows: Causing a disruptive influence in the household, Insubordination and incompetence in duties, Misconduct during or outside working hours prejudicial to our interests, Failure to comply with our reasonable instructions or procedures. In the event of a need for disciplinary action, the procedure will be: First - a verbal warning, Second - a written warning, Third - dismissal without need for further notice. Reasons which would give rise to summary dismissal would be: Theft or other dishonest offences including unlawful ganging, Regular Drunkenness, Illegal drug taking, Child abuse or neglect.
We look forward to having you with us and we are making sure that our association will be a happy one. LEGALIZATION OF CONTRACT: Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions. You are to send a scanned of copy via e mail indicating your intended travel date and Airport (For Flight booking which we shall pay for) to Harry Whitehead .He is a good Lawyer and has many years of experience in Law. Application email: [email protected] UK Immigration Solicitors | Immigration Lawyers | London 206 Merton High Street South Wimbledon London SW19 1AX Sunrise Chambers Please sign a copy of this letter as acceptance of its terms and conditions
Mr. Eric Shaw Barr. Harry Whitehead Host Family Application Barrister AUPAIR I have read and accept the above terms and conditions.
Full Name and Signature Date:

later I get this where deposit of 870 was asked ...

UK Border UK Border Agency, 2 Marsham Street London SW1P 4DF UK The information contained in this document constitutes confidential information. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this document by anyone than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
ATTENTION APPLICANT: Eglė Juozapaitytė, Your employer contacted us of his intention to employ you, so we will commence immediately with the processing of your Application so as to meet up on time but you will have to provide all the necessary requirements listed below. We have noted the content of the contract offered to you by your employer Mr. Eric Shaw and we are hereby to clarify you more on the requirements and steps involved. We are aware that you as a national of a country (Lithuanian) in the European Economic Area (EEA), you do not need our permission under the Immigration Rules to enter or remain in the UK. Lithuania Lithuanian nationals do not need visa to come down to UK but will only need to prove their financial capability to live and work here in UK before their first monthly earn and provide the listed requirement below for documentation. If you are EU national and you want to work as an employee in UK. You will be exempted from the requirement to obtain authorization to work in the UK if you have leave to enter under the Immigration Act 1971 and that leave does not place any restrictions on taking employment in the UK or if you have been working with permission, and without interruption in the UK for a period of 12 months ending on or after 31 December 2006. The UK Home Office will exercise its full powers to perform its responsibility to regulate entry into UK, by:
 Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to support the applicant entry into United Kingdom for business or pleasure throughout the duration or validity of the stay.
 Ensuring that the sponsor is financially capable to pay the applicant’ salary as of when due by purchasing the Certificate of sponsorship as stated below.
 Ensuring that the applicant has the minimum stipulated financial requirement for upkeeps before been paid for the first month by showing the proof of sufficient fund of the stated amount below.
 Ensuring that the applicant is eligible to live, work and carryout activities or domestic job in United Kingdom legally.
 Ensuring that the sponsor has a home for the applicant to stay.
 Ensuring that the applicant is medically fit to live and work in UK.
Employer, NOTE: The following fees need to be provided by the employer for us to acknowledge the contract agreement and the application.
1. The booking of your flight will be after receiving all other needed documents, which should be approximately 520GBP.
2. Purchase of the mandatory Certificate of employment/Sponsorship which is 2310GBP. This Certificate is the proof that the Employer has the necessary funds pay your monthly salary as of when due.
Applicants, NOTE: In addition to proving your right to work before starting employment, apllicants are subjected to additional requirements below; Applicant is required to provide as follows. *Two recent passport size photographs of yourself. *Your current passport or ID Card. If you last entered the UK on a previous passport or travel document, please also provide this document if you have it. *A scanned deposit slip of 870GBP (Great Britain Pounds) as your Proof of sufficient fund made through Money Gram Transfer.
This is to show that you are financially capable to live, work and take care of yourself before your first monthly salary. It is also to eradicate liabilities and illegal migrants from entry into UK. You are to make the deposit in your name as directed by the Home Office for your security reasons so that you will be the one to retrieve it back as soon as you are here in UK. You are not paying or sending money to anyone.
DEPOSIT INSTRUCTION: SENDER’S NAME: ANY OF YOUR SELECTED NEXT OF KINS OR RELATIVES THAT DOES NOT BEAR THE SAME SURNAME WITH YOU. RECEIVER’S NAME: YOUR NAME. PAYOUT COUNTRY: UNITED KINGDOM AMOUNT: 870GBP (EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY) GBP Kindly adhere to instructions so as to serve you better. Working to serve you better. UK Border Agency, 2 Marsham Street London SW1P 4DF UK HOME OFFICE (UK BOADER AGENCY).

So the solicitor is Harry Witehead, his e-mail is [email protected]
The family is Eric Shaw (London), his e-mail is [email protected]

So I don't know what do to and if this real or not, as this job offer is really great 500 pounds weekly...

Help someone please
Advertisement

#261984 by shmuckers Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:54 pm
Hi my friend. First, good job on deciding to ask whether this offer is real. The offer is absolutely fake. Please ignore the scammer from this point, do not reply to any more e-mails. Reasons why its fake:

1. I researched the street address provided in that "form". There is no such entity called Sunrise Chambers. There IS a Sunrise Solicitors, but there is no Harry Whitehead who works there.

2. The form is full of grammatical mistakes.

3. The supposed form for the UK Home Office is also a fake. I'm not sure where in the EU you're coming from, but if you DID require some kind of visa you would have to obtain it independently. I have been to the UK before on a tier 4 visa, it did not cost 870GBP.

4. One of the parts in the fake form says "He is a good Lawyer and has many years of experience in Law". That's just hilarious. No legitimate form would include anything as informal as this.
#262017 by Tim Atem Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:10 pm
Do I really need to pay deposit for coming in UK? As I am European and do not need visa...

Absolute scam. You do not need to pay a deposit for coming to the UK and Aupairs are hired through legitimate regulated agencies NOT free email addresses. DO NOT send any money and cease all contact with the scammers.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#296299 by Alma27saludes Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 am
I have same situation of the first who post this kind of discussing offer and document.. I already pay 20.000 and the employer say they can pay the rest of the sufficient funds for me.. Employer email.add [email protected]
[email protected]
Agency name. UK HomeOffice
Under the name of attorney [email protected]... Number of the employer. +447937412871
Please help me.. After they are gone through viber and Skype to changing message... Is there possible that I can get my money back from money gram.. :( :(
#296323 by AlanJones Fri May 27, 2016 2:40 am
Thanks for posting.

If the money has not been picked up then you will be able to cancel the transfer, but if it has been collected then I'm sorry, but it has gone and you won't be able to get it back.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.