Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#294187 by Ioana.f12 Mon May 09, 2016 1:57 am
Hello everybody! My name is xxxxxx, i am from Romania and i just need a little bit of your help.

Since last week I was looking for a Pomeranian sweet little dog. So i went on our Romanian selling websitest where i just found one guy who was giving for adoption 2 Pomeranian dogs.
I contacted him, talk to him a lot at first in one email and then we moved to whatsapp, he asked me various questions about where I work, if I had pets before. HE told me that he gives away the pets because he is moving from his country because of his workplace.
He lives in Istanbul, Turkey. So in order to receive my dog i have to pay a shipping fee of 200 euros.
It sounded a little weird because a Pomeranian dog is at least 800$ and my fear was deeply confirmed when he told me that i had to send the money to him specifically. He told me that he will send me the dog with the TNT company so i looked up online and i found out that they have an online payment platform. So i told to the owner of the dog that i will pay online the shipping fee what he didn't agree.
I am really concerned that this could be one of the many puppies fraud.
This is the link of his announce: http://olx.ro/oferta/tow-cute-little-po ... 6e0cm.html

And here is the email he sent me when i contacted him.

Hi,
Thanks for the inquire,i have two darling little Pomeranian
puppies for adoption.They are amazing from head to tail,if you have been
looking for that forever potty trained Pomeranian puppies here they are.
Health:already vaccinated,excellent,very healthy Pomeranian puppies
Full grown:3-5 lbs
Color:Brown
Sex: Female.

Note my reason for giving out these puppies is because i just recently got a new job out of the country and will be leaving end of this month and i don't have any one that i can entrust the puppies to who are going to look and take very good care after them so that is why i have chose to give them out on adoption to someone who is capable to handle and take very good care of them.

So please only reply back if you are a serious pet lover.

attached herein are photos of their current shots

regards

Please a lot! I need help. Do you think is this a fraud? am i getting fooled by this man?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon May 09, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotation
Advertisement

#294188 by AlanJones Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 am
It's a scam. No one gives puppies away. Just cut off all contact with the scammer. Do not accuse him of being a scammer, he will only lie to you and try to carry on scamming you.

Please can you post the email addresses that the scammer is using.

Buy your puppy after seeing it in person so that you can check out its temperament and make sure that it is fit and healthy.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#294189 by Ioana.f12 Mon May 09, 2016 2:10 am
his email adress is [email protected]
and the phone number he used on whatsapp is 00905349635441
He told me that he had 2 dogs, now he has only 1 available. and he had the mother of the dogs bought from an Australian selling website (OLX) but he gave the mom away to some friends...