Room for Rent and other rental scams
#292443 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 am
505-221-6347
(505) 221-6347

Subject: Re: 3 beds 1 bath 1,200 sqft

Good Morning,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our Apartment, our lovely apartment is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family that are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our Apartment as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my Apartment.The reason why our Apartment is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to GRAPEVINE,TX and will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our Property and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our apartment and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regard me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends Chicago State University as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in GRAPEVINE,TX and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our apartment, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our apartment.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Below is the rental property address:
(3020 Octavia Street # FL 3RD,San Francisco, CA 94123)
Pets allowed: Yes
Rent: $955
Deposit: $955

Please if you are ready now to occupy the Apartment kindly provide the information below for record purpose:

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

****RENT APPLICATION DETAILS****

1)Your Full Name__________________________
2),A)Your Full Address _________________________
B)Phone Number_______________________
3)How old are you_______________________
4)Are you married_______________________
5)How many people will be living in the house______
6)A)Do you have children_____
B)Ages_____
7)Do you have a car________
8)Do you have a pet_____
8)Occupation___________
A)Reason for changing job__________
B)Your aim of moving in_________
9)Monthly income__________
10)When will you like to move in______________
11)How long will you like to rent the property__________
12)Reason for relocating___________
13)Do you work late night_______
A) Do you smoke________
B) Do you Drink_________
14) Picture of you and your family________
A) Reference Contact Name and Address_______
15) When can you pay for your deposit to secure or move in__________
16) Let me know the amount you have right now to pay_____

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY AND SEE MY APARTMENT FROM THE OUTSIDE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING IT GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME. I WOULD HAVE REALLY LOVE TO SHIP THE KEYS TO SOMEONE IN STATE BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYBODY THERE RIGHT NOW AND I DON'T WANT TO MAKE USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY THAT IS WHY AM HANDLING MY PROPERTY MYSELF..

I can be reachable here any time at (505) 221-6347 ..... ( If i didn't answer call, text is best since I'm super busy at the moment )

Regards.
Mr & Mrs Ditmore Harold.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#299789 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:53 pm
Subject: Re: $770 / 1br - Completely remodeled 1 bed 1 bath in Craftsman triplex (Santa Monica)
To:

Hello,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your message,

Thanks for your email and your interest in this property, I personally own the house, I want my property to be well taken good care of, and there are some rules and regulation in which I do give out to tenant that's willing to rent my house so please don't disrespect my order But if you are interested in renting this home, the rules and the regulations goes this way, the surroundings must be well taking care of, you must know the way in which you use the stove so as to avoid fire outbreak, you must not disturb the neighbors, I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (MILLVILLE ,NJ) on a construction Work in MILLVILLE ,NJ,so we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the property on our absent. Don't be surprise if you find the home in another (SITE) with different PRICE, I have plan to rent it through Real estate agent before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of house to lease out And they added some money to the rent while there commission is not fair.

Attn: The rent and Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash,all included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc.

Please note that, we are a kind and honest family, that spent a lot on the property that's available for rent, so in one accord! we are soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, If you understand and agreed to rent the property kindly fill out the application below we can go from there.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM AND TELL US MORE ABOUT YOU.

1) Your Full Name
2A) Home Phone ?
2B) Cell Phone Number ?
3) Your current address :
4) How old are you?
5a) Are you married?
5b) How many people will be living in the house?
6a) Do you have a pet?
6b) What type
7a) Do you have a car?
7b) What type? Occupation?
9) Do you smoke?
10) Do you Drink ?
11) Do you work at Night ?
12) What is your monthly income?
13) Reference Contact Name and Address?
14) When do you intend Moving in?
15) private email :
16) Picture of you and your family
17 ) When can you pay for your deposit to secure or move in?

Notice : You can go ahead and do a walk through the property its empty and the move in is ready anytime but you will not be able to see the INSIDE as the keys are here with me, it will be send to you as soon as the agreement is reached, Text me immediately you fill out the application Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that we can have it in our rentals file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you..

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........

Number of Bedrooms 1: Number of baths:1 Well trained Pets are welcome!!! Rent:$770 Refundable security Deposit:$750 Total move in : $1,520

Below is the rental property address:
(1028 Grant St,Santa Monica, CA 90405)

Please text me as i might not be able to pick calls sometimes, please understand my above message and answer the questions thoroughly so that we can go from there, And please understand that this home is available for immediate move in for the first person that submit application.

Thank you
James M.Arrington
(505) 221-6347

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/