Room for Rent and other rental scams
#292186 by Rae Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:54 am
This guy is also posing in Coquitlam BC as Kevin Presa a 50 y/o man with a wife and a 10 y/o daughter. In this ad he's using prime location.com for the money transfer.

To:xxxxx
Subject: Re: NE 2Bedroom & Den
Date: April-18-16 5:49:57 AM
You don`t have to be worried about your money because they are 100% protected . I`ve used PrimeLocation several times in the past as a landlord and as a tenant and all was in order, they have great services and they are really professional. I can access the funds just after PrimeLocation have your final answer about the transaction. If u refuse to keep the apt you will receive a full refund from them...
Also I can NOT change their terms and conditions regarding the rental transaction so I need your confirmation that I can proceed with the transaction according with the steps I've explained you in my last email.

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:56:10 -0400
To: xxxxxx

Hi again,

You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any kind of problems in the place. If you are still interested, I agree to rent the apartment to you. I promise you that you will love the place. Everything is just like in the pictures so I'm sure you will love the apartment and rent it on spot. Just in case repairs are needed there I will cover the costs no worries.
At this moment I'm located in London, United Kingdom and I will stay here for the next 6 years. Obviously you will have to see the apartment before discussing any further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys (keys for the apartment and storage unit, key-card access for parking and apartment door.) and lease agreement (signed by me) through PrimeLocation (http://www.primelocation.com) so you can visit it and see if it suits your needs. I`ve used PrimeLocation several times in the past as a landlord and as a tenant and all was in order, they have great services and they are really professional.
You will only have to deposit to PrimeLocation a total of 1300CAD that will represent 1st month of rent from contract and damage deposit(refundable in the last month of rent from contract). You don't need to open an account with PrimeLocation because this transaction is a rental and the Landlord (Owner) must open the transaction.

Here is the procedure explained:

1 - To start the process all I need is your complete information: full name, shipping address where you want to receive the keys, move-in date and cell phone number where you can be reached.
2 - I contact PrimeLocation to deposit the keys and the lease agreement on your name as the intended receiver.
3 - PrimeLocation will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department in London. They will also confirm with the building management that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.
4 - PrimeLocation will send you a notification through email to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. They will also send you all the payment information to complete the rental transaction.
5 - At this point you will have to make a money deposit on the PrimeLocation payments representative for the amount we agreed (1300CAD), the total amount you shall deposit for the first month of rent and damage deposit. The payment needs to be sent within 24 hours after you receive the transaction details or else they will charge me an additional fee.
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send the payment details to PrimeLocation.
7 - PrimeLocation will verify the transfer and if everything is in order they will start the delivery through licensed shipping company such as DHL or UPS. The delivery will take 3 business days.
8 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apartment and in 5 business days (inspection time) you must contact PrimeLocation to inform them if you keep the apt or not. So if you decide to move-in the apartment you will notify PrimeLocation so they can send the payment on my name. If you don`t like the apartment the payment will be full refunded to you. PrimeLocation can NOT release the funds without your approval and you will have full control of the payment. Also the inspection time of 5 days will start from the moment you will be at the building.

Using PrimeLocation involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and PrimeLocation as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. PrimeLocation works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment, except that instead of a bank, we use PrimeLocation.

I need to make sure that everything is clear for you before I start the transaction. I think is right for both of us. If you have any other questions you can reach me any time at: 44 020 3287 1641 (if you are calling from Canada or United States you need to dial 011-44-20-3287-1641) or you can email me and I will respond ASAP.

Let me know if you have the funds available (1300CAD$) so we can move forward and e-mail me your full information I requested.

Thanks

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:57:16 -0400
To: xxxxxxxxx

Hello,

My name is Kevin and I received your email about the add. The apartment at 555 Delestre Avenue, Coquitlam, BC V3K 0A9, Canada is still available. I will be out of country for the next 6 years and I want to rent the place as long as I'm away. I work in petroleum production as a chemical engineer and the company I work for has developed projects all around the world. Me and my wife we bought the place 6 months ago working for a project that unfortunately it was canceled. I was detached for another project outside of Canada and I already signed a job contract for the next 6 years. Initially I tried to sell the place but I didn't get the price I want it so I decided along with my family that we should rent it for the next 6 years minimum. The apartment is vacant since I no longer live there so you can move-in anytime you want. Everything is just like in the pictures, it's fully furnished, fully equipped. If you want, you can use your furniture and I will ask the movers to remove my stuff and deposit it in the storage unit located near the building. Pets are allowed.
The rent for the whole unit is 845CAD/month with everything included (utilities, cable and internet-full package, 2 parking spots, strata fees, storage unit, laundry in-suite washer and dryer). I will not increase the price of the rent for the whole period that you will stay there. First of all, I would like to know how many people will live in the apartment and also which rental contract do you prefer to start with. As you can see I'm not asking so much for it because I want to find a responsible tenant to take good care of the place. I'm not looking to make a business or a profit with the apartment. I have a Canadian Bank account for the monthly payments, or we can use any other payment method that is suitable for you.
I'm 50 years old, I'm married, we have a beautiful 10 years old daughter. My family means everything to me, they come first in everything I do. I worked hard to have a good career and I really respect hard earned money therefore I want to rent the place on my own so I need to know if you are really interested in the apartment so we can discuss further.

Sincerely,
Kevin Presa
Advertisement

#292187 by Rae Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:58 am
As well a second email address sending me pics undoubtedly from a local real estate website of the staged rooms

To: Rae
Subject: Pics
Date: April-18-16 5:50:30 AM
picsosao (1).jpg (121.5 KB)
picsosao (2).jpg (124.9 KB)
picsosao (3).jpg (126.9 KB)
picsosao (4).jpg (113.9 KB)
picsosao (5).jpg (124.2 KB)
picsosao (6).jpg (115.6 KB)
picsosao (7).jpg (117.8 KB)
picsosao (8).jpg (115.3 KB)
picsosao (9).jpg (122.4 KB)
picsosao (10).jpg (117.8 KB)
Pics
#292188 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post.

The scammer wanted to send you a fake invoice pretending to be from primelocation.com

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#292189 by Terminator5 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:17 am
Its a scam . primelocation.com appears to be legitimate . The scammers are using that site to make themselves appear legitimate .

Daniel 8 :25
#292190 by Rae Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 am
After he sent the laundry list of details on how to send "him" money I knew it wasn't right and found the scam on here. That person(s) is currently blowing up those sites with scams, unreal.
#292191 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 am
If the email address changes. Start a new thread and post them here on Scamwarners. This will help people avoid being scammed by him.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#292202 by Terminator5 Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:13 am
Could you please post links to some of his ads so we could look at them .

Thx

Daniel 8 :25