Room for Rent and other rental scams
#291161 by Michelle Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:45 am
[email protected]

Thanks for getting back to me with the filled application, your application has been accepted and i want you to take very good care of the house so that i would be happy when i come to visit you. I would send the keys and documents to you via courier services to the current address you filled on the application form and i will also send you the tracking# for the package and get the keys the next day. I'm given you the trust, Please do not disappoint my family because i don't want a situation where by later i will regret of letting the house for rent to you and i promise i will always be a good friend to you. Below are The contents of the documents.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) The house documentary file
3) Payment Receipt
4) Full address and description of the house.

I have attached the pictures of me and my family.

Below is my Sectary name and where the payment would be confirm the money myself... that is the information you will need to send the First month and Security Deposit.You are going to send the payment to the information i sent to you, through ( Money Gram ) nearest to you. Just go to any Walmart near you, Super Market Or Grocery Store near you with this information and send the payment.

Name: Collins Richard
Address: 12 Olamide street Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria 23401
Text Question: God is
Text Answer: Good

As soon as you complete the transaction, you get back to me with a scan receipt of the payment as a proof for the confirmation of your payment,as soon as i get this from you i will immediately start the shipping arrangement to schedule the shipping to the following address that you fill in the application form then i would get back to you with the tracking# for the package and get it next day delivery. Please take absolute care of the house as soon as you move in.

Best Regards
Collins Richard

Collins Richard
[email protected]

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#291203 by Michelle Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Collins Richard <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around. Myself and Wife just travelled to ( Lagos,West Africa ) for a program called SERVING IN MISSION (SIM), you can view the link for more info: (http://www.sim.org/index.php/content/our-purpose).

We will be away for 2 to 3 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. However, my initial plan was to sell the house but it was not successful because the Realtor raised the price which made it difficult for me to sell before leaving the States so never mind if you see the for sale sign in front of the house, It has already been taken off the market as for sale so there is no need to contact any Realtor.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fireplace, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Rental Price: $480 per month and security Deposit is $350(Security Deposit is Refundable) Utilities included in monthly rent
Pets are Welcome.
Below is the address to the house:
(502 Whitehall Rd,Anderson, SC 29625)

Please if you are ready now to occupy the House kindly provide the information below for record purpose:

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

****RENT APPLICATION DETAILS****

1)Your Full Name__________________________
2),A)Your Full Address _________________________
B)Phone Number_______________________
3)How old are you_______________________
4)Are you married_______________________
5)How many people will be living in the house______
6)A)Do you have children_____
B)Ages_____
7)Do you have a car________
8)Do you have a pet_____
8)Occupation___________
A)Reason for changing job__________
B)Your aim of moving in_________
9)Monthly income__________
10)When will you like to move in______________
11)How long will you like to rent the property__________
12)Reason for relocating___________
13)Do you work late night_______
A) Do you smoke________
B) Do you Drink_________
14) Picture of you and your family________
A) Reference Contact Name and Address_______
15) When can you pay for your deposit to secure or move in__________
16) Let me know the amount you have right now to pay_____

Here is my number Call me Any-Time if am not reachable leave a voice message i will get back to you .. (302) 217-3015 or +2348172844632

Regards.
Mr & Mrs Collins Richard