Room for Rent and other rental scams
#290866 by WastingMyTime Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 pm
Can't believe this has been going on for years.. Same scam email floating around in 2016
Thank you for posting.. it saved me.

Subject: Re: Amazing 1 Bedroom

Hello

I am the owner of the apartment and which is very much available for rent. We are a little selective in leasing out our apartment. Our priority is taking a responsible, careful, understanding tenant that will take good care of the property due to the amount we are renting.

The monthly rent goes for ($1000) (Including Utilities) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($550) which is refundable. Apartment size (560sqft) Apartment:3660 Waldo Ave APT 2E, Bronx, NY 10463 (Kingsbridge)

APARTMENT FEATURES: True 1 Bedroom , Hardwood Floors, BIG Living Room with Renovated Kitchen, Brand New Cabinets-Stove & Refrigerator, Packing space, washer and dryer in the apartment.

Will want to announce to you that I was residing in the apartment before with my family, but we have been transferred to Hillside drive Reno, Nevada for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years. So my family and I have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back.

I have an apartment manager Name: Bill Bridwell (My apartment manager) who works with Royal Crown Management Corp, He has been my apartment manager for years. You can also reach him via email ([email protected]).Get in touch with him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Please answer these questions below:
*1)Your Full Name:
*2)Present Address(where you reside now:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :
*8)How long are you willing to stay :
*9)How soon are you ready to move in:

It is also important that you send him all necessary details he need to know about yourself which will convince him that you are a perfect tenant.

There is no Registration fee or agency fee. Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for; all the receipt is with my apartment manager.

You are free to contact me at any time. Pets are allowed. I hope to hear from you soonest.

More details will be communicated to you as soon as he gets your response.

God Bless
Rev Micheal
Call Me (702) 983 2342
Advertisement

#290867 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:35 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#293770 by ashley04 Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 pm
He is Now using this email on craigslist... be aware

Micheal Healthman <[email protected]>

WastingMyTime wrote:Can't believe this has been going on for years.. Same scam email floating around in 2016
Thank you for posting.. it saved me.

Subject: Re: Amazing 1 Bedroom

Hello

I am the owner of the apartment and which is very much available for rent. We are a little selective in leasing out our apartment. Our priority is taking a responsible, careful, understanding tenant that will take good care of the property due to the amount we are renting.

The monthly rent goes for ($1000) (Including Utilities) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($550) which is refundable. Apartment size (560sqft) Apartment:3660 Waldo Ave APT 2E, Bronx, NY 10463 (Kingsbridge)

APARTMENT FEATURES: True 1 Bedroom , Hardwood Floors, BIG Living Room with Renovated Kitchen, Brand New Cabinets-Stove & Refrigerator, Packing space, washer and dryer in the apartment.

Will want to announce to you that I was residing in the apartment before with my family, but we have been transferred to Hillside drive Reno, Nevada for my pastoral care and counseling course for 6 years. So my family and I have decided that we would be moving to our other home when we get back.

I have an apartment manager Name: Bill Bridwell (My apartment manager) who works with Royal Crown Management Corp, He has been my apartment manager for years. You can also reach him via email ([email protected]).Get in touch with him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Please answer these questions below:
*1)Your Full Name:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :

It is also important that you send him all necessary details he need to know about yourself which will convince him that you are a perfect tenant.

There is no Registration fee or agency fee. Electric Bills and water bills have been paid for; all the receipt is with my apartment manager.

You are free to contact me at any time. Pets are allowed. I hope to hear from you soonest.

God Bless
Rev Micheal
Call Me (702) 983 2342
#293771 by Bryon Williams Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Can you please post the emails sent to you. He may have changed the rental address and parts of the script. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#304875 by allynormandy Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:25 pm
ATTENTION!! He sent this e-mail to me, he has changed the address:

Hello,

The monthly rent goes for ($1000) (Including Utilities) and Security fee also know as deposit fee is ($600) which is refundable. Apartment size (850sqft) Apartment: 925 Putnam Ave2F, Brooklyn, NY 11221 (Bedford-Stuyvesant)

I have an apartment manager Name: Frank Lopez (My apartment manager) who works with Starrett Management Corp, He has been my apartment manager for years. You can also reach him via email ([email protected] ) get in touch with him with the below information, he will get back to you as soon as he get those details below from you.

Please answer these questions below:.
*1)Your Full Name:
*3) Phone# :
*4)How old are you :
*5)Are you married :
*6)Do you have a car :
*7)Occupation :

God Bless
Rev Micheal
Call Me (702) 757-6320

Micheal Healthman
[email protected]
#335143 by DarwishYasser Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 am
and here his agent Email
Hello,

This is Frank Lopez New York Home Management Corp. Your mail has said how well behaved you are. I give you my blessings I’m very pleased at your email. And i pray it is well with you in Jesus Name. The Apartment is good for you which is in a friendly community and Very safe/conducive environment.

We got a lot of response on this unit, and we sure this won't last, it’s okay if you're the lucky person to get this Apartment, What we are looking for is a tenant that would take good care of the apartment and pay the rents at the proper time and give it proper management on absence of the Landlord.

I would need you to assure me of taking good care of it. The rent will include all the utilities such as heat, cable, phone, Internet, washing and drying machine. Like i told you the apartment is empty, it has an air condition, curtains, stove, gas cooker and extra wardrobes and furnished wooden structures. I need you to have good faith that your apartments hunting as come to an end. I assure you that this is a place to call HOME. Though you can choose to share with a friend of yours so the rent can be shared within. While the security deposit is $400. to move in, the security deposit would be needed paid to the Landlord of the Apartment(Which is at this time in for his pastoral care and counseling in Georgia 6 years) so we can work out a viewing time and the lease.

Note: Reason why the agency demand for a deposit fee, is due to lot of fraudulent applicant contacting to view an apartment. Some people have contacted the agency on an apartment and ask me to come with the keys and document down to them which i did, After viewing the apartment and having details about the apartment they will then use that apartment information in extorting people hard earn money. If not for the response of the NYPD and the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) they could have succeeded in stealing one of our properties we manage. So the New supervisor gave us the instruction to insist on a deposit fee which will be paid to the landlord and also note that the deposit fee is a refundable fee.

Right now the apartment is in a move in condition but locked and the keys and paper works is with the agency and will be given to the bonified new tenant.

I will advise you to get in contact with landlord and let him know that you are ready to put down the payment of the refundable deposit fee so that You can view and sign up the Lease paperwork to the apartment and move in.

Here are the contents of the Lease document that will be handed to you.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
3) The property documentary file.
4) Payment Receipt.
5) Letter of Authorization/ C of O / A Police Clearance.

I would be waiting to hear from you soonest. you can do well to call me

Regards,
Frank Lopez.
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed quote from previous post