Scams selling or giving away non-existent animals, often Puppy Scams.
#287855 by Mike Wilson Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:10 am
www.sunbayretrievers.com

Fake breeder site.

Email: [email protected]
Call or Text: 443-292-2898

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

If you received any emails from this scam please post them in this thread after removing your personal information.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
Advertisement

#287952 by C Nielsen Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:19 pm
Hi guys. Just got totally scammed for $500 on a puppy. There were plenty of red flags. Bad grammar. No answering their phone. 443 292 2898. And of course the Western Union transaction to Anthony Zeallot. Now I know. Bad idea. Trust your gut.
#287953 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:27 pm
I am sorry to hear that you are a victim of this scam.

Can you please post the emails from the scammer and any fake shipper. Remove your personal information from them prior to submitting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#302069 by VTmom Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:18 pm
I believe they are now doing business as Crystal Home Retrievers based on the telephone number in the posts below. I contacted them regarding a puppy listed on their site and was asked to make a payment of $500 via Western Union to the the Thomas Marren. The emails I received were addressed to 'Dear Client' instead of my name which I had provided. Here are some of the emails I received from them which as you can see has many grammatical errors:
Dear Client,

Nice reading from you and to know that you would be interested in our puppy "Pinky ".The puppy is still available, presently 10 weeks old, vet checked, have completed all basic obedience/behavioral training and ready for new home .We ship them from our home in Houston,TX and also we sell her for $500.She will be shipped via airplane using a professional pet shipping agency. Usually we charge an additional $250 for shipping per puppy, but right now we have coupons from our shipping agent to ship 3 puppies at no extra cost, so if you purchase your puppies while these coupons are still available and valid, we will be able to ship your puppy for free. Otherwise shipping will cost an additional $250.

Can you please confirm with us exactly which day you wish to purchaser? Equally feel free to let us know if you have any questions, concerns or need assistance.

We always seek the best for our puppies, so we will also like to know a little about the family our baby will be going into. Could you please kindly tell us about your family
Thanks again for your time.

Dear Client,

Thanks for getting back to us

You have to confirm with us, so that we can put your puppy"Pinky" on hold.

The Purchase procedure is as follows:

- Full payment is required prior to shipping. Give yourself at least 2 business days before the expected arrival day to make sure we receive your payment in time to process all required documents and health checks.

- we will within 2 business days of receiving payment, confirm your order, process all required paperwork, have our license veterinarian perform last minute routine checkup on your puppy and book the flight for a Monday, Wednesday or Friday (You may indicate which day suites you best). Let us know which day is more convenient for you ???

- Once the flight is booked, we will provide you the flight number, date and time of departure and arrival as well as all info you will require to pickup the puppy upon arrival.

- Within 24 hours of takeoff, our staff will place a follow-up call to confirm that your pet arrived safely and that you have taken possession of your pet.

- As a matter of routine, Don't forget to take your puppy to your veterinarian for the regular arrival-health-check-up within 48 hours of arrival.

We guarantee 30 days money back on every puppy purchased from us. Also home delivery will include and extra charge of $50. we will like to know if you will like to pick up the puppy at your closest airport or you will
prefer home delivery???
Thanks for your time

--

--
#302095 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 pm
Hello VTmom,
Thank you for posting the information on this website. This is definitely from the same group of pet scammers that are located in Western Africa.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

The web site is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#302186 by curliegirlie89 Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:38 pm
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD! We though about getting a puppy from Crystal Home Retrievers but when I spoke to someone on the phone it was too business like. I felt like we were talking more about a car than a puppy. When I mentioned we had just lost our Lab to Cushing's disease, he never said one word about 'I'm sorry for your loss', 'my condolences', etc. They are still offering "Pinky" and a 'free shipping coupon' as one of the previous posters said. But he told me that there was only one left. I'm sure this was a way to pressure me into making a snap decision. I'm so glad I looked in to them further or we could have made a big mistake. Thank you again!
#302187 by Mike Wilson Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:43 pm
Hello curliegirlie89,
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. I am glad that you discovered the scam before you lost money to these criminals.
Are they still using the same email address and telephone number?

It is ALWAYS a scam
#302191 by curliegirlie89 Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:03 pm
The web page is: http://crystalhomeretrievers.com/
The email address is: [email protected]
The phone number they are using is: (443) 292-2898.

My first warning bell was the fact that they had a 12 week old silver lab posted named "Brandy". I know that silver labs are rare and highly sought after. So, I was surprised to see one that was already 12 weeks old and hadn't been snapped up already. I was also a little leery at the price, $500 vs. $1700 and up on every other website. But $500 fits into our budget so much better. But it made me wonder what's wrong with them or is this a puppy mill, but they offer a "30 day money back guarantee with every puppy". Another red flag was after I had text them to see if the website was current. Their text reply came at 4:19 a.m. Then as I said earlier it was way too business like when I spoke to the man on the phone. There were no questions about what other kinds of dogs we've owned. What our lifestyle is. Etc. The closest he cam to that was 'what kind of dog are you looking for?' He had a fairly thick accent that I thought sounded Eastern European, but could be Northern African as someone else stated. Somehow, it just didn't match the picture of the family I saw on the website background.

I hope some of this information helps shut these people down and/or helps someone else who is in my situation, hopeful but just suspicious enough to dig for information.