Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#287109 by robbyque Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:28 pm
I wish you would help me with some information because I dont want to be scammed.

#1- I have a relative there in Accra who gave me 25 kilos of gold for a wedding gift. They have had the gold registered and documented with
Ghana High Court of Justice and given a Certificate of Ownership in my name and signed by

Dr. W.C. Brown, Director of Legal Department and Mr. Amos Jones. with a serial number of 0623 and a cosignment number of GW/108/X/BDD/0238 (25 KILOS OF GOLD)

#2 - Then they proceed to have it shipped to me: The company name is Ghana Delivery Authority which issued an invoice called Performa Invoice FOR WAYBILL NUMBER 67800000
VAT NUMBER E721 EXPORT BY AIR 1 PACKAGE. THE UNIT WEIGHT IS 24.okgs then Total 1,200.00 with an invoice amount for shipping $8,000.00
signed by Ampong Manfred. They have an email address: [email protected]
I was thrown off because I couldnt find anything on Ghana Delivery Authority but I found Ghana Shipping Authority with a government email address. The Ghana Delivery Authority has a
regular email address and not a government email address. its email is [email protected] and phone is +233-545-126412.

Please help me an let me know if these are legimitate and legal or is it a scam.
Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and may God bless you.

Respectfully
Advertisement

#287110 by AlanJones Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:33 pm
robbyque wrote:I have a relative there in Accra

Are they really a relative, or just someone who has told you that they are?

robbyque wrote:[email protected] and phone is +233-545-126412.

It's a scam, a legitimate business or Government department would not use a free email address or a mobile phone number as its main point of contact.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.