Information on romance scams and scammers.
#285908 by Ray Magiri Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:57 am
Hello everyone,

I met a woman on eH who stated her name is Kim Bryant ([email protected]). She was from Texas and in the UK for a modeling seminar. Talking through email everything seemed "OK" for the moment , but I did notice that her english was not that good...and after about 4 messages, she's has conveniently missed her return flight back to the states and now urgently needs $850 dollars since her credit card info was stolen by someone to purchase phones on eBay. Stuck at the airport, things are desperate and claims to be able to pay me back on her late fathers grave of all things. Also, when I checked back, she has already deleted her profile on eH and said that she didn't subscribe and to communicate further though personal email. I know she's a scammer and all the Red Flags are there and REFUSE to send a dime to anyone...especially someone I've never even met before.

Here are the emails that she sent so you can gain an idea of what she is talking about, how she speaks, and more importantly, to see if her conversation is nearly scripted...I found a near exact replica of the conversation I have had with Kim on another site about a woman named Brenda from the Philippines. :

Message 1:

Hi %&%&%&&&<, how are you doing?it's my email you got it right,thanks for keeping in touch,so sorry for the late response been so tied up,I hope you are not one of those ass holes on the site looking for a lady to talk dirty with cos there are lots of bullshit on the site, Well i don't need to go into that much cos I'll be deleting my profile there soon, Anyway this will give you an idea of who i am and what I'm about and if you like what you see the we can go on from there, as you already know my name's Kim i live in Phoenix AZ,I'm very easy to get along with, I'm sincere, honest, trustworthy, loving, caring, generous, passionate and romantic woman with an excellent sense of humor. I love to make people laugh, I'm a woman that believes in opening doors for the right man and treating him with the respect that he deserves..Presently in London, United Kingdom,for a modeling seminar which has just been concluded but i will be back hopefully in a few days time.. I'll be honest with you I'm new to this online dating, don't know about you but it seems like you can't find a nice honest guy now a days so I decided to give this a try. I think of myself as an honest down to earth, loving, laid back kind of girl. I like trying new things all the time, I'm not a closed minded person, I love dogs not always scared of them,but i lost my puppy when it was just a few weeks old..I love music, sports, food..My favorite colors are red, blue and black. I'm not looking for a guy that's just like me, because then what would be the point of that, I want someone that can show me new things, just as I can show him. So do you live alone? where exactly are you from?

Kim

Message 2:
How are you $$%$%$%$,thanks for keeping in touch,so sorry for responding late i've been so busy i'm so sorry,well i haven't come across James Bond yet but if i do i'll say hi for you lol,This is actually my first time out of the country. i only came here for a modeling seminar so i can get to talk to some top modeling agents and possibly get a new contract signed and i shall be back home soon..I will be coming back State side as soon as possible and I will let you know later when the date will be. could you tell me more about yourself,.well i love kids so much and i can't wait to start a family of my own someday soon,i moved from Texas about 4 months ago so i haven't really had enough site seeing to determine how overwhelming Phoenix could be.I am really going to put a lot of effort into writing this email to you in hopes it will provide you with a good understanding of who I am, what I am all about and what has made me the person I am today .I know you will think what is a pretty lady like me doing on here and yes the reason I came on to the internet to find the special person who deserves all the love and passion that makes up my heart and soul is because I do not have the time to meet others out in a public setting, and the fact I feel you can learn so much about someone through emails, as a person has to take their time and think about the words they want to express, so it allows you to gain a better understanding of someone than you would probably otherwise ..The reason I am going to write a full email rather than just send a little message is because I am serious about wanting to establish a quality friendship with you first and then see what goes on from there, and because of the fact I rarely contact anyone on here, so when I do you can be rest assured I am serious about my intentions and also I feel I have alot to offer you in the way of a friendship and I know I have alot to share with you that will be of interest to you and even some things that will surprise you.. I am easy to get along with.I am looking for a man that will be able to listen to me , communicate his feelings to me , make me laugh, hold and comfort me in need,stand by my side, respect me, passionate lover in every way, support me in every way, love me and only me, make me smile, protect me when needed, romantic time to time,constantly creative, and treat me right, I am in the stage of life where i need a man to be with and to spend the rest of my life with... my philosophy in life is short and I try to take in all I can. I'll try anything and if I like it I ll do it again....I am very much a woman of substance and I am very unique in today's society because I live my life through my spirituality and through the word of GOD and because I have such a strong understanding of what I feel my role in life is supposed to be. I am a woman of integrity and my word is my honor...I have very high standards for myself and my life is all about providing love, peace and happiness to others.For you to get a better understanding of me picture a waterfall in your mind and instead of all the water overflowing it is all the love and passion I have in my heart to give to others who are deserving, as the love and passion has an endless flow coming out of my heart....Well I consider myself a family oriented person and love children.Some of the things I like to do are listening to music, going to the movies, the beach, hiking, fishing, sitting in a park,stargazing and cookouts. I enjoy doing just about anything specially with the company of someone special.. ...I love the outdoors, nature, the water, animals, people, travel, camping & fishing, staying at elegant hotels, eating at fancy restaurants or a pub, cooking a fancy dinner for my man, or having him cook for me, having a BBQ or creatively throwing together some leftovers,but if left on an island and for a few hours i can never get tired of Spaghetti, i am a big Italian meal fan and i so love Lasagna that me and Garfield will always have a problem if made to live together..lol ..I like tennis and i think i am above average at playing it..but besides tennis i don't know how to play other sports pass the average mark, but I am a good cheer and motivational speaker so i can always cheer my team on any day..I like to rent a movie and have a bowl full of pop corn to relax to a good movie but sometimes i go to the movies, but not really so much fun when you have to go watch a movie alone...I listen to good music, going to a concert or theater house. I like many kinds of music except gangster Rap, I like to dance, so some times i find myself in the mood to sing and dance along while listening to music, I like to learn new things and am always interested in any type of self-improvement & going to good seminars. I enjoy my work and am very ambitious.I enjoy romance and relaxing, quality time with a good man.A serious man is the key word here. This seems to be somewhat of a commodity in today's day and age, but I haven't given up my search. He is out there, somewhere searching for me. My True Love, My Soul mate, My Prince.When we find each other, I will dedicate my life to our happiness. I am honest, patient, passionate and giving. Where others write many people and keep there messages short because they are all about how many they can write, I am the opposite and very selective in whom I choose to write and I like to give them my very best even if it is in a long email such as this I know the type of person who I want to build a friendship with so I am willing to put the time and effort in my messages to show that to you. I am a loving woman and find great pleasure in keeping the man I love very happy in and out of the bedroom and I hope he feels the same.This may be you? Who knows? Guess we need to get to know each other a little better,email me back with your likes and dislikes,things you do for fun and all that and lets talk and see what happens.Opportunity is only opportunity if one takes action.Looking forward to talking with you.
Affectionately,

Yours Kim...

Message 3:

Hey &$&$&&$&$&,
Thanks for your email..i i will surely say hello to Adele for you,I must confess i really like your straight forwardness and direct to the point approach towards life..I think we really do have lots in common and i want you to know i will really love to meet you when i get back to and hopefully see if we could get to see that spark that'll shoot the friendship to the next level,i moved down to Phoenix for some personal reason and i'm sure i will be able to share that with you as time goes on.i'll share with you later how i got into modelling,I think we will have to start with a date and then see what goes on from there...With that being said,What is your idea of a perfect date?As for me i think a Night out on a Dinner will be great after then maybe we could go to the movies and then go home maybe to my place or your place since i live alone.I think you really know what you want in a woman and i do know what i want as well,so meeting each other face to face shouldn't be not a bad idea..I really don't know what else to add right now,like i said before i am still new to this, but i guess we could really get to know more about each other if we put in some effort..Well i will take my time to put my questions in numbers and hope by the end of this i'd have achieved my aim of knowing some things about you without really invading your privacy..So here it goes;

1...What are your likes and dislikes in a relationship?
2...What are your dreams? Have they been achieved?
3…What have you done over the past month on the weekends?
4...Are you ready for a serious relationship?
5...What do you remember most about your childhood?
6...When was the last time someone lived with you and how did you know them?
7...When was your last relationship?
8...If we finally meet in person and then we go on a date and i finally agree to start a serious relationship with you how would you treat me?
9...Have you ever hurt any woman before?
10...What exactly do you want from me?
11…What is your mode of transportation?
12…Where did you go on your last trip?
13…Describe you perfect day off.
14…What is your favorite food?
15…If I asked your best friend about you what would they the say they liked and what would they dislike?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kim

Message 4:

Hey &$&$&$&$&$,
Thanks for the very nice email,yeah i know its a lot of questions and it will take your time but its best we get to know each other better,i'm really sorry if i stressed you out ok,hope u understand,Though I have been very busy out here with the seminar so i get tired when i get back to the hotel,and sometimes its so very hard for me to check my email as often as i should but i do look forward to hearing from you and I really appreciate your responses to my email.. i want you to know i am very satisfied with what i read in your email,your answers to my question is very satisfactory and i will take my time to answer all the questions like you did..

1...What are your likes and dislikes in a relationship?
Well i want you to know that i am a one man woman and i do not cheat when i am in a relationship so i like the fact that my man is a one woman man as well,i like a man been romantic,passionate and affectionate at every point in time and i like the ability to be able to spend quality time with my man.I hate dishonesty in a relationship,non-nonchalant attitude,lies,cheats,self centered man,lack of communication and not been open minded.

2...Whats your greatest dream/or goal in life?Has it been achieved yet?
Yes to have a man i could call my husband and also have my own kids is a dream, but also i have an ultimate dream of starting up a clothing store where i will deal with female wears and accessories for kids and adults. No i haven't achieved it yet, but soon by the grace of God i will get there.

3…What have you done over the past month on the weekends?
During the weekends i am always at home maybe watching a movie or sometimes i go to watch a movie.I like to take a walk as well maybe to the pack or read a novel or something,right now i am not doing so many interesting things cause i am not in a serious relationship with any man,i really need a man in my life who is ready for something serious.

4...Are you ready for a serious relationship?
Yes i am ready to start a serious relationship if i meet the right person.I have been really heart broken but i thank God for giving me the power to overcome the heartbreak from my ex.

5..What i remember most about my childhood is the picnics with my dad, road trips and lovely surprises i get from him as i was the only kid.

6..When was the last time someone lived with you and how did you know them? The last time i lived with someone was when i was with my ex boyfriend and i want you to know that i don't keep friends for some certain reasons best known to me.

7...When was your last relationship?
My last relationship was about 18 months ago

8...If we finally meet in person and then we go on a date and i finally agree to start a serious relationship with you how would you treat me?
I honestly believe its not about you asking for a relationship but rather hoping for an instant spark of chemistry being felt, and when that happens,I'll do all in my power to be Loyal and honest to my partner . Will make you my King and hope you'd make me Queen too .. I love to be pampered and be made a Queen and a princess at the same time ..LOL

9...Have you ever hurt any woman before?
No i have never hurt any man before in my life. Besides you telling people off or trying to show you're not interested in them doesn't mean you hurt them does it?? That to me is being truthful to yourself and not leading any one on to believing you care about them when you really don't..

10...What exactly do you want from me?
Hmmm for now friendship, honesty, with the hope of getting to meet someday soon, and hopefully there would be a genuine spark later on and then something
meaningful that could be defined will come out of the friendship.

11…What is your mode of transportation?
For now a Taxi, just sold my Toyota Camry and yet to get a new one

12…Where did you go on your last trip?
My last trip will be my trip here in UK for the modeling seminar and that is the first time i'm traveling out of the states.

13…Describe your perfect day off?
A day off for me will be resting at home and reading a book, so watching a sitcom or you could find me at the movies.

14…What is your favorite food?
I'm a good cook,I love Italian meals, but to be honest i don't have a favorite,I eat anything i crave for.

15…If I asked your best friend about you what would they the say they liked and what would they dislike?
I do not keep male or female friends,i do not trust friends too (Will tell you why someday),i have been betrayed by my friends so i decided not to keep any of them again..Still a healing process for me but with time i guess i'd have to let the past go.

While answering the questions some other questions popped up in my head and i'd like to ask you that again, but now, i wont put them to numbers and will also take the lead and answer them first. sounds ok to you?

What's your biggest fear?
Hmmm, i usually don't get asked this question and don't
t know what i'm asking you anyway,and like i said it just flashed my mind and i'm curious...To me, my biggest fears is to start something and not get to finish it,Or not succeeding.

Do you like the city or a smaller town?
I have lived in a small town before and also lived a city, and i would say i prefer the smaller town, its more peaceful and relaxing but the city provides more opportunity for me, so i have no choice than to love the city for now.

Whats your favorite quality in a Lady?What attracts you?
In my case i'm attracted to guys and not ladies.lol...In a guy, all i look for is a loving heart, someone straight forward, honest and loving in all ways, towards me and to others...What attracts me most is a lovely smile, doesn't have to be the most handsome man alive, but should be good looking enough to flaunt around and like the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think i have really taken my time to answer the questions and i am hoping i will impress you with my answers.I will be waiting to hear from you and i have a confession to make,I really do respect you a lot you are so direct and open, and i like that
Anxiously waiting for a reply...

Kim

Message 5:
Hey &$$*$*$*$*$, thanks for keeping in touch,i'm sure you'll be in bed by now,so sorry for responding late been so busy,i really enjoyed reading your email,I have read your email over and over and i don't think i can get tired of reading them and i really have to thank you for being so sincere in your mail, i feel like i have known you for a long time already but we just have to share a few things about each other first to know how far this friendship will go, but i think we'll get along fine because we seem to share a lot of things in common so far. But i still think you need to know more about me and my past relationship..I work in an industry where everything is superficial and competitive, but i am still new in the industry and i have only being modeling for about 4 years now..i lost my dad when i was 14 yrs old although 2 yrs later my mom remarried a drunk that tried to rape me that was in Katy ,so i had to run to my grandma's place at Amarillo where i grew up until now but grandma died 2 years ago ..My ex got me started in modeling, he was a photographer and he encouraged me to become a model although he was right about it, we just could not stay together anymore because in our 4 years of courtship, he cheated on me most of the time with other models,I actually met him few months after i got to Amarillo,He told me i am very pretty and will be a very good model after some months we started dating each other and he put me through a modeling training just for 3 weeks and became my agent/ manager, and that was how my modeling career started. We dated each other for 4 years after some time he started enrolling other girls like me into same modeling training and he started fucking anything under skirt. I have been going through this pain for years but later i had to move on because the relationship was all about business and i realized he never loved me but was just using me for money...At first i thought it was not his fault because i know its not really easy working with beautiful girls without getting involved with them sexually, then i thought he would change and learn to appreciate me but it only got worse and each time he always apologizes and i kept forgiving him..What actually hurts me most was when i walked in on my ex and my best friend sleeping with each other,I was so devastated and later got to know that they had being doing it for 2 years out of our 4yrs relationship.Other friends of mine knew about it and they never thought it right to let me know .. instead they kept it away from me and helped cover the shameful act and made me look like a fool in every ones eyes and that's one of the very reason i moved to Phoenix.I was badly hurt when this happened so i decided to move on with my life and walk away from him cause he is evil and he nearly spoiled my life and career.Naturally i would have forgiven him but i just couldn't get the thought out of my head because i wasn't told about it but i caught him in bed with my best friend who was more like a sister to me. So that's how i lost the 2 people i love most in just one second. That was 18 months ago and now i am ready to move on with my life and give love another chance ( with the right man though )..It still hurts because he felt no sympathy for me or my stupid life after spending 4yrs of it with him i never really cared at first but since its making me too vulnerable i had to quit ,i have been silently suffering the pains until i decided enough is enough and i will not take anymore..i was very young and vulnerable then,That's why i am being careful on my choice of man to love in order not to end up heart broken again..He never wanted me to do anything other than what he tells me to do, i can’t make friends all i do is stay at home and when he gets a contract then we go for it.Right now, i think what i need is a lover that i can call my friend, someone who will appreciate me for who i am, not just the looks or beauty but for what i stand for and what i believe in, and by the way you wrote about yourself, i think its worth giving this a try with you and hopefully work things out together.I thank God for my life now cause i am more matured and i know what i want in a man now.My reasoning which I understand is very strange in today's world, but my belief is my heart and soul, and the passion that is in it is very unique and special, so I made the decision and made a promise to God that I would not be sexually active for the sake of just wanting sex, or to have sex for someone else's own self gratification. Knowing the passion that is contained in my heart and soul is very unique, I made the decision to abstain from sex because I want this special gift to be shared with the person I am dedicating the rest of my life to, as his Wife and the mother of his children...So tell me more about your past relationship,why don't you send me a few pics of you if you don't mind me asking...i am looking forward to meeting you in person because i have a feeling about this and each time i think about you and the emails my heart skips. I would have being back from London UK already but i have some delays with my flight. What really happened is that i came here with a return ticket but i missed the return date on my ticket and when i tried to get money from an atm at the airport, my card was declined so i had to contact my bank and they told me that someone used my card to pay for mobile phones on eBay. They had to cancel my cards and my accounts because they feel the person that got it might try to use it again. They told me that they will only refund my money when i get back and after they must have carried out some investigation but i will have to come personally to fill out some paper work. Now i have to get $850 to the airline agents here before they can reschedule my ticket for me.I really wish i should continue writing this mail to you cause i just want to let you in on everything about me but i guess i will have to wait for your reply first so that i can also read more about you and what your plans are. Do you im?I'm also trying to have my number roamed i think it would be a great way of getting to know more about ourselves but either way i am comfortable as long as we keep in touch..hope to hear from you soon..

Last message up to this Point:

Hey &%&%&%&% thanks for the pics i like them and thanks for telling me about your past too,sorry for not responding sooner i'm not doing too well here right now it's frustrating for me, I have being trying to sort out the problem i told you i had with my credit card. I have tried my best possible to talk to my bank to release some of my money to me so i can pay for my ticket back but they said they cannot touch any of it until i get back and they have carried out necessary investigations regarding to how that happened. I have also tried to get some money here but it looks like i am deserted right now.Well to shed more light on my kind of person,I enjoy romance and relaxing, quality time with a good man.A serious man is the key word here. This seems to be something quite hard to get today, but I haven't given up.my dream man is out there, somewhere searching for me. my one and only love, my heartbeat, my own man.when we find each other, i will give my all. like i said I am honest, patient, passionate and giving.I am a loving woman and find great pleasure in keeping the man I love very happy . i have being at the airport since Morning hoping i could make the travel agents change their mind about allowing me to get on board so i can pay them when i get back home but that has not being possible too. Is there anyway you can help me with the $850 i need to reschedule my ticket??? i am really sorry i had to ask but please try to understand the situation that i am in right now. I would give it back to you when i get back but i really do need it as a matter of urgency and even if its important i have to refund it and i swear on my late fathers Grave never to let you down..when i have the flight fully booked if you help me out i will send you a copy of the flight details so you will know the exact time the plane lands in the states and i will appreciate if you could come pick me up at the airport when i arrive,was finally able to roam my phone my number is 430-222-0918 pls send me a text..
Thanks in anticipation..
Please reply soon
Hugs!!

Kim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-At this point I really don't trust her anymore at all. Especially since she is now asking for money. Any thoughts would be greatly be appreciated. I am 99% sure she is a scammer.

Thanks ,

Ray.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#285911 by AlanJones Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 am
It's a definite scam. The fact that "she" is asking you for money and also using scripted emails proves that. And you can add to that the fact that the phone number is a VoIP number, not a mobile.

The best thing to do is delete here mails and block her. Do not accuse her of being a scammer, she will just deny it and carry on trying to scam you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#287385 by Anon12345 Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:43 am
Yes I can confirm 100% that it's a total scam... I was talking to this "person" on email myself (Kimberly Bryant [email protected]) and I stopped talking to "her" after the 3rd email with the list of numbered questions... the emails I received were exactly the same as those you posted here. Don't trust anything "she" says and definitely don't send "her" any money!

Remember the old adage, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!"
#297431 by ston0193 Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 am
had the same scam, emails were word for word. Her name is Tracy Lutter and her email is [email protected]. I found it on eharmony and as far as i can tell her profile is still active. I was very suspicious at first but became more convinced after some of the vocabulary. The spelling and punctuation errors stood out but I have met some very poor writers out there that were legit people so I didn't dwell on that too much. Being in London for a modeling seminar was what tipped me off. I also googled searched the name and email and got nothing. I played along for while just to see how this was going to go and she did get to the sob story about how she is having issues with the bank and ticket. I advised to go to the American Embassy and to contact me when she was in the states. I did't tip "her" off that I knew it was a scam and came strait here to report it.