Room for Rent and other rental scams
#285465 by Michelle Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
from [email protected]

Hello,

Thank for your email regarding my rental home. the house is still available for rent. I am renting this house to a responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of God and treat my house as his or her own. I work as an state agency for USAID specially in agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth, the environment, education, health, global partnerships, and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all. USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries, HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength, blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world to day are fragile, others are democracies more in name than substance. Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help. USAID efforts to foster world -wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons. To save the life of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex,currently my family and I has just been transferred to city of West Africa and we will be away for couple of years or more and this is why we are renting out our house, so if you are interested and will take good care of our house then we will be ready to accept you as our future tenant and family friend . If you really impress me by taking good care of our house then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay. So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. The rent of $750 which include utility (Water, Gas, Garbage disposal and electricity ), security deposit of $750 also require from you to move in,and it included with all this...hydro, heat, water, electric, gas, washer/ dryer, sewer laundry facilities, air condition and so on,PETS ARE WELCOME NO FEE! The property is 3 bedrooms with 2.5 full bathrooms house, If you really know you can take very good care of my house you will have to fill out your rent application form so we could proceed further my # is ( 0012348154707992 or +234_815_470-7992 or +2348154707992 )

Address to my house...3730 Forest Rd Davenport, IA 52807

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

1.) Your full Name?______________________________
2.) Your full address & mobile number / home #?______________________________
3.) Marital Status / DOB?___________________________________________
4.) How many people will be living in the house and Names of people moving in with you?_________________________
5.) Length of previous tenancy and occupation of each person move in with you?______________________________
6.) Do you have a car / Do you have a pet? Please describe Breed, size______________________________
7.) Are you a section 8 applicant?__________________
8.) Do you run a business from home, If so what kind of business?___________________
9.) How often do you do your current house cleaning?___________________
10.) When will you like to move in?_____________________________
11.) How long are you willing to stay in the property?________________
12.) When are you ready to Move In, please write exact move in date?________________
13.) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1 month +
SECURITY DEPOSIT ) or ( 2 months + SECURITY DEPOSIT ), so which option
do you prefer ??________________
14.) Earliest possible date of the down payment?_____________
15.) Can we trust you and our house safe keeping in your hand?_______________________
16.) Do you work late night and do you smoke and drink? (We just wanna know don't get it twisted) no hard feelings.
17.) REFERENCE?__________________
18)kindly attach your picture okay
Please make sure this questions are filled correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your application. TAKE NOTE: (YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE BY OR GO AROUND THE SURROUNDING AND LOOK AT THE EXTERIOR PART OF THE HOUSE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RENTING OUR HOUSE GET THE APPLICATION FORM FILLED OUT AND SEND IT BACK TO ME SO I CAN PRINT IT AND KEEP IN MY FOLDER IN CASE OF ANY ARGUMENT AND AFTER WE CAN DISCUSS ON HOW YOU WOULD BE GETTING THE KEYS.)
You can reach me on my contact at ( 0012348154707992 or +234_815_470-7992 or +2348154707992 )

Best Regards
Mr./Mrs.
Ramond

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement