Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#285091 by AlanJones Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:41 am
Add to that abroaded.com AbroadEd Online Application Services, who claim to be

AbroadEd Online Application Services is a private entity and is not a governmental agency. AbroadEd.com website is owned by the EU company, Post Haste S.L

Our customer support team is available between
07:00-20:00 (U.K. time):
P. + 44 - 203 - 1500 - 211
F. + 44 - 203 - 1501 - 654
[email protected]
AbroadEd Organization
BOX 108, 155 Minories
City of London
LONDON EC3N 1AD
UNITED KINGDOM

They appear to operate out of a box, so can't employ many staff :?

From their about us:
AbroadEd is a private company based in the United Kingdom that helps people around the world explore their options for an exciting education abroad – thus, our company name

Since they are a company based in the UK, that would mean that they should be registered at Companies House - not surprisingly, there is no such company by that name registered.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#285093 by HannahsDad Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am
You are too quick for me!

AbroadEd at http://www.abroaded.com

About Abroaded

AbroadEd is a private company based in the United Kingdom that helps people around the world explore their options for an exciting education abroad – thus, our company name: AbroadEd. We understand that many people across the globe are searching for something different in life than what they can presently access in their own country and that becoming an international student seems like an attractive alternative to continuing the status quo.

AbroadEd was established to simplify the process of applying for international educational programs by offering our expertise and assistance through each step of the process until our client’s dream of living and studying in another country becomes a reality!

AbroadEd Organization
BOX 108, 155 Minories City of London LONDON EC3N 1AD UNITED KINGDOM
[email protected]
P. + 44 - 203 - 1500 - 211
F. + 44 - 203 - 1501 – 654

– that is a mailbox rental address and no doubt the telephone/fax are similar

AbroadEd Online Application Services is a private entity and is not a governmental agency. AbroadEd.com website is owned by the EU company, Post Haste S.L
Hoovers have them at Calle Arte, 21 - Piso 1 B Madrid, Madrid, 28033 Spain and the business of the company is, according to Google Translate: "Reception of recovery in Spanish Bank Accounts of sales by the parent company"

Offered Products and Software, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of Cyprus without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.

Website registrant: Registrant Organization: Post Haste S.L OSE SILVA, 17 1A Pl
Madrid 28043 ES SPAIN
Phone: +44.2031500211

#285132 by TerranceBoyce Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:03 pm
Speaking cautiously, as it is wise to do, two points to bear in mind are that 1. a website is not a legal entity and 2. an unincorporated company isn't either.

It is not possible to be sued by something that isn't a legal entity. Equally you cannot enter into an enforceable legal contract with something that isn't a legal entity.

I am not giving legal advice and I am not trained to do so, but any letter/contact demanding money ought to reveal who is making it and with whom it is suggested the legal contact is purported to have been formed.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#285188 by TerranceBoyce Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 pm
Out of interest I'll note some of the requirements of becoming a registered MARA agent

https://www.mara.gov.au/becoming-an-agent/registration-requirements/other-requirements/

The Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority cannot register anyone applying to become a migration agent who:

is not an Australian citizen or

is not an Australian permanent resident who holds an Australian Permanent visa or

is not a New Zealand citizen who holds a special category visa (physically in Australia when the Authority is considering the application).

It is interesting to note this

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/using-a-registered-migration-agent/

Only registered migration agents can legally give immigration assistance in Australia.

It is therefore sensible to be wary of anyone claiming to provide MARA migration services who isn't based in Australia.

The website itself states

AustraliaGSM.com website is owned and operated by the EU company, Post Haste S.L.

….. which doesn't claim to be MARA registered.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#285484 by vonpaso xlura Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 am
Delivered-To: фывапролджэ@gmail.com
Received: by 10.112.17.38 with SMTP id l6csp1018852lbd;
Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:03:26 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.194.89.70 with SMTP id bm6mr16780581wjb.0.1455545006042;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail1.usafis-mail.com (mail1.usafis-mail.com. [94.31.30.162])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id cw5si40966375wjb.57.2016.02.15.06.03.25
for <фывапролджэ@gmail.com>;
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 94.31.30.162 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=94.31.30.162;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=neutral (google.com: 94.31.30.162 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from mail1.usafis-mail.com (unknown [127.0.0.1])
by IMSVA80 (Postfix) with ESMTP id 053E788469
for <фывапролджэ@gmail.com>; Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:02:52 +0200 (IST)
Received: from DSNR-STAGING01 (unknown [185.6.64.2])
by mail1.usafis-mail.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id BBD7F8842F
for <фывапролджэ@gmail.com>; Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:02:51 +0200 (IST)
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: "ValuedCustomer" <фывапролджэ@gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2016 09:03:25 -0500
Subject: =?utf-8?B?QXZpc28gZmluYWwg4oCTIEFjY2nDs24gTGVnYWwgUGVuZGll?=
=?utf-8?B?bnRl?=
Subject: Aviso final – Acción Legal Pendiente
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary=--boundary_241_42ca12e8-402f-4cfb-b112-43046c020cec
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
X-TM-AS-Product-Ver: IMSVA-8.0.0.1450-8.0.0.1202-22134.000
X-TM-AS-Result: No--17.406-5.0-31-10
X-imss-scan-details: No--17.406-5.0-31-10
X-TM-AS-User-Approved-Sender: No
X-TM-AS-User-Blocked-Sender: No
X-TM-AS-Result-Xfilter: Match text exemption rules:No
X-TMASE-MatchedRID: HLszgNRkGQ7Pdsz/TkfFGXJZdRgu05q1fanCYjckrKA8fYFw+yTxuG5c
hoOX3MtaHTTdFrv3Fo/tmSM60oESjoNjew2Dy/VoZSAGhwU4Bs3qYJdz2PI30nnp2Ckx9+lpnsw
rAk0FUUr1HboKaf6jXkFFtm2rzdNKo5NqethVkTsKidLaclh6RUPI0IXztzRMz8rarjKFV1y6IP
DdrEvoCN8MwnwoXrRZcF30o/eb0cLpOMS/RnrG/Kzdkh2m8yaqtzYxRx2aPqSJd+m7NXAvz7dlT
F3Km7W0pzUcBD/nu+BUooND4yPNfdL0DVO6sXEXawgkLfuo1MR+OOH1fhzS8mo8A26Nfa/WVcMM
xmOzOBX5CoQVwFSNAeXasx5HW2VoDPIzF4wRfrAURSScn+QSXsFrpUbb72MUlfS5S24K8Oi1gtp
05/+9uwi890LaFSrRv5kflkcSjMyjgGDqHiLzRcqeo73u0vxbcycDtF5ucnfztbaUP3oCCUGi2t
0B0Nqhsc0kTN6+eCAzLZRm5iNnsqIUBOuyxrYY

<p>Estimado&nbsp;Фывапр&nbsp;Олджэ,</p>

<p>N&uacute;mero de unique:&nbsp;ячсмит</p>

<p>Debido al fracaso por su parte en responder a todas las cartas que le hemos enviado, desafortunadamente nos vemos en la necesidad de transferir esta cuesti&oacute;n a nuestro Departamento Legal &nbsp;a los efectos de que uno de nuestros abogados siga con las acciones futuras. &nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

<p>Dado que Usted ha solicitado y aceptado pagar por nuestros servicios, esperamos pueda cumplir con su obligaci&oacute;n hacia nuestra compa&ntilde;&iacute;a .Nosotros estamos preparados para proveerle los servicios que usted ha solicitado tan pronto como hayamos recibido su pago.&nbsp;</p>

<p>Usted dispone de 10 d&iacute;as para pagar el monto adeudado llamando al n&uacute;mero de tel&eacute;fono :&nbsp;<br>
+1-917-979-8905 o enviando un correo electr&oacute;nico a la siguiente direcci&oacute;n indicando un d&iacute;a y una hora de su conveniencia, as&iacute; como un n&uacute;mero telef&oacute;nico para que podamos contactarlo:<br>
[email protected] &nbsp; &nbsp;</p>

<p>Tenga en cuenta que esta es su &uacute;ltima oportunidad para solucionar este asunto en forma amistosa y as&iacute; evitar futuras acciones legales.</p>

<p>A la espera de su pronta respuesta,</p>

<p>AustraliaGSM<br>
Departamento Legal<br>
Email: [email protected] &nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
Tel&eacute;fono: +1-917-979-8905</p>

The body is in HTML, even though it is tagged as text/plain. The email was sent from Israel.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#288720 by Jennifer ang Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:23 am
I just got a call from Australia GSM them this morning. They were asking me to pay 564usd. But i felt uncomfortable.. they first asked the first 8 digits which i gave then later on they were asking me for the full no which i refused to give. I gave until 12 digits and i mentioned the expiry date. I wasnt able to give them the cvv2 and last 4 digits of the card no.. im now scared they'll take the money from my account. Do u think it may still occur?
#288722 by AlanJones Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:56 am
You should be safe, as there's 1000 combinations of valid card numbers left (assuming the last digit is a check digit) and they'd still have to work out the cvv2, but the safest thing to do is to contact your card issuer and get advice from them.

In future, it's safest not to give people any card details unless you want them to take money from you - there is no other legitimate reason to be asked for payment details.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#369777 by Sheina Rafanan Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 am
This email in regards for the registration I applied for Australia permanent residence visa. After 4 days registering from their website (https://www.immiproaustralia.com.au/) someone called me and interviewed me, her name is Judy Black (Agent) and the number is +442039363022. She said they received my registration and I am qualified to apply.

Then during the phone conversation, she asked me if I have master card or visa card because I need to pay 717 US Dollar to be able to proceed my application and to be able to have an account on their website so that I can see the progress of my application.

But when I told her that I have master card and there is no sufficient amount she said Its okay because they will pay from their side nd they will deduct from my card later on. So I gave to her my master card account number details.

After that, I received email confirmation also my application is complete. Just wait for 75 days for the result.

I am asking for your help if you know this website I applied / registered is genuine or legit? Please i gave my full and complete master card account details.

I am waiting for your response.

Thank you so much.
SHEINA MARIE RAFANAN
#369885 by Photosensitive Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:41 pm
https://www.immiproaustralia.com.au appears to be legitimate.

The boss Michael Kadoury is indeed a registered Australian Migration Agent in Sydney, NSW.

If you have any doubts you could ring one of the numbers below to check that your visa application has been submitted (although I do not know how this can happen without your signature, criminal record checks etc)

Customer Service Telephone:
+44-20-3150-0679 (UK)
+61-383-623-951 (AUS)
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address:
New Broad Street House, 35 New Broad Street, London, EC2M 1NH UNITED KINGDOM

If you still have doubts then you would need to contact your credit card company to stop/refund payment.

Getting a permanant residence visa can take a VERY long time and be VERY expensive. I think you would either need to be super rich or have an Australian sponsor.

All the guidance is available online. See for example https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav
particularly the visa finder at the bottom of that page.

The Australian government do not make it easy for anyone but short-term tourists/visitors. Even if it is legitimate that $700 will only be the beginning.