Room for Rent and other rental scams
#282766 by Michelle Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:59 am
Fort Collins <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house.Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house now that we are not around.. My family and I just moved down to HOUSTON TX for a program called AIDS Foundation Houston, Inc. (AFH) leads the innovative efforts in the prevention of new HIV infections and empowers individuals, families, and communities affected by HIV/AIDS to create and sustain healthy lives. you can view the ink for more info: (http://www.aidshelp.org/)

AIDS Foundation Houston, Inc. (AFH) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation founded in 1982 as Texas’ first organization dedicated to HIV prevention education and services. AFH has steadily evolved from a grass-roots community agency to a professionally managed human services organization that provides many services including benefits and resources counseling, case management, housing, and food and nutrition assistance to low-income, HIV+ men, women, and children..

The Bedroom house is equipped with everything you can need for your stay: Fully equipped kitchen, Refrigerator, Microwave,Gas Range,Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Hood Over Range, Granite Counter,living room with Cable/Satellite TV,High Speed Internet Access Available,washing machine.. bedrooms, bath. and large living room with appliances including in-suite washer and dryer, Electric heating, Wall Furnaces.

4 Bedroom,Bathroom 4
Address: 2825 Zendt Dr,Fort Collins, CO 80526
Terms and conditions:
Monthly Rental Payment:$1200
Utilities Included.
Refundable Security Deposit:$1000 (Security Deposit is Refundable)

*****RENT APPLICATION*****

1)Your Full Name______________________________
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number______________________________
3)Marital Status?___________________________________________
4)How many people will be living in the house_________________________
5)Do you have a pet______________________________
6)Do you have a car______________________________
7)Occupation______________________________
8)When will you like to move in?____________________________
9)How long are you willing to stay in the property.
11)When are you ready to Move In?________________
12)How Many Months are you willing to rent?_______________
13) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1 month OR 3 months )
14)If you are ask to make a down payment to secure the house today and take it off market, How much will you be able to pay:__________?
15)Earliest possible date of deposit payment:__________?

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via Fedex next delivery package.. May GOD bless you and your family.

MR Brown Lawrence
Everybody Deserves a Home Both The Rich And The Poor
Here is my number Call me Any-Time if am not reachable leave a voice message i will get back to you ..(716) 320-1799

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement