Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#282021 by veegee0815 Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:28 pm
Hi everyone,

Never did I imagine that I would be a victim of another job scam. Thank goodness my intuition kicked in before I made any major mistakes. I wanted to take this time and bring to your attention a situation that involves this supposed new "job opportunity" that was brought to my attention sometime in late December 2015. I will advise you that this post will contain copies of email communication between myself and the individuals who claim they work for "B2B Transportation Network Co.,LLC.".

I received an email from a woman named Lisa Mayes that entailed the following:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Lisa Mays, B2B Transportation Network Co. <[email protected]>

Reply all|
To:
xxxxxxxxxx; Mon 12/21/2015 8:56 AM
You replied on 12/21/2015 6:09 PM.
Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

B2B Transportation Network has an opening for a Project Manager (PM-USA/87374), and I'd appreciate your input
on candidates or sources for this role. Please find additional information about the employer and the position below.

Based in London, B2B Transportation Network provides logistics and warehousing services throughout Europe and Asia and is currently making
its services available on the North American market. The company’s New York office has been operating since November 2015.
With assets exceeding $1.1 billion, B2B Transportation Network has more than 10 years’ experience of providing customized transportation and
logistics solutions to meet the specific needs of its clients. We specialize in logistics solutions across the globe in
the construction and capital goods sectors. For more information, visit our website at b2btn.com

Job Description:
The Project Manager (PM-USA/87374) will oversee a team of four Project Coordinators and two analysts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, supporting and coordinating the timely, cost-efficient execution
of projects both in logistics and as part of the broader business agenda in his or her state.

Job description:
- A permanent full-time position
- Base salary $90,000/year
- Benefits and bonuses (14 days’ paid vacation, health insurance, 401k plan).
- In-state travel, no more than 2 days per month, daytime only
- Online Training Program (salaried, $2,000-$4,000, free of charge for applicants)
- Possibility of working from home (if you live more than 30 miles from the nearest office)
- Office in New York City, NY or in your state (exact location will be announced in March)

Responsibilities:
- Supervising the activities of international carriers and logistics intermediaries
- Ensuring compliance with international as well as U.S. import/export rules and regulations
- Assessing the trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and levels of service
- Processing orders
- Organizing the dispatch and delivery of goods

What we expect from you:
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills
- Knowledge of international commerce/international banking procedures, sales and payment terms,
customs regulations and international supply chain systems;
- Excellent negotiating and communications skills, ability to multi-task;

We also invite you to join our online training program. The course, developed by our Training Department in conjunction
with Customer Support and Operations Department, covers all the essential aspects of the job. Training is carried out remotely,
so you don’t have to attend any physical classes and it won’t interfere with your current activities or commitments.
Training sessions will familiarize you with the rules and regulations of transportation. By the end of the training period
you will not only be able to meet the company's internal requirements but you will also have a much broader understanding
of import/export operations and the terms and restrictions of international shipping as a whole.

If you’re interested in the position, please let me know as soon as possible. And, feel free to share this vacancy with
people in your network.

Thank you for your consideration.

---------------

Lisa Mays, Human Resources: 646-217-0901
B2B Transportation Network Co., LLC.
375 Park Ave., New York, NY 10152
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The information contained in this email message is being transmitted to and is intended for the use of only
the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Since then, I've been participating in weekly "training sessions" and have been administered weekly tests. My intuition kicked in when I received a called from their "headquarters" in London for a phone interview. I've had phone interviews in the past and none involved very simple lines of questioning such as "What do you like to do in your spare time?"; nothing that indicated to me that the interview was serious. Since January 4, 2016 I receive 1 email a day from my "assigned manager" Patrick Vaughn that normally contains study material, that seemed legit and compliments on my test results.

Up until a couple of days ago, I had mixed feelings about this training and on Monday, January 18, 2016, I was given a "project" assignment to assist B2B transportation in obtaining office supplies and electronic equipment for an location that they will open up in Europe. I found that interesting when according to an email received on 1/4/16, Mr. Vaughn indicated the following:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
Mrs. xxxxxxxxx, I thought I would take this opportunity to give you some more information about the company, its current plans and
its objectives for the future. The company is going through a period of expansion in the US and in Canada, starting
from the Atlantic coast and moving towards the central states. In the spring of 2016 we will be embarking on a massive
advertising campaign. But before we can do that we have to establish offices in most of the states. We also need at
least two-three managers to act as our official representatives in the states we are currently interested in.

Our main area of activity is the transportation of heavy equipment and machinery for oil and gas industry. As you can imagine,
transporting often enormous and extremely valuable loads is a complex and very expensive business, with single shipments costing
hundreds and thousands of thousand dollars each. Our clients demand strict attention to detail at every stage of the transportation
process. This includes scheduling and tracking shipments, ensuring the flow of documents, occasionally meeting the cargo at the point
of delivery accompanied by an insurance agent and always being on hand to provide customer support around the clock. This would be your job.

The position requires customer care skills as well as a degree of technical know-how; the authorized representative must be familiar with
the various types of equipment being transported. There will be the occasional short business trip, but never outside the state,
and time spent on trips is paid double.

The attached FAQ describes the position and outlines the company’s activity.
I think my assistant may already have sent you one. Whatever the case, please read through it carefully and get back
to me with your thoughts as soon as you can.

Q1. Please describe the job I’m being considered for in a little more detail.
a. Job title?
PROJECT MANAGER

b. The average amount of phone calls per day?
Phone calls take 20-30 of the working day; during the remainder you will be occupied with document flow and correspondence.
There may be the occasional business trip to meet cargo check that everything is in order for shipping. Trips are never out
of state and days away are paid double.

c. With this being a global company, what would my business hours be?
As you will be working from home, hours may vary. However, standard working hours are 9 to 5 local time.

d. How much time will I be spending at the computer? Will I be working from there most of the day?
On average, 90 of your time will be spent at the computer. This includes time spent on the phone and fax. To ensure consistent
standards from branch to branch, all our offices are equipped with Apple products.

e. How often will I be in direct contact with customers?
You will be our authorized representative to 2-3 client companies in your state. The actual number of companies will depend on the size and importance
of their annual transportation needs. You will be in direct contact in order to schedule their movements, sign contracts, and provide support whenever needed.

Q2. Will I be hired as an Employee, a Sub-Contractor, or a Consolidator for B2B Transportation Co? How will I be paid? On a US W-2 or an IRS 1099?
At present, you are a sub-contractor and as such you will be sent a 1099 form together with your stage 1 paycheck. After that, you will paid on a W2 as a full-time employee.

Q3. What is B2B Transportation most common type of shipment?
We are primarily involved in the transportation of drilling machinery, equipment and materials for the oil & gas industry. 75 of our shipments go by sea
to the customer’s closest port, from which they are carried to the final destination by truck or train. Road and rail transportation is handled mostly by
third party companies. However, by the end of 2016 it is hoped that all land and air shipments on the Atlantic coast and in the central states will be carried
by our own trucks, and by 2017 this should be the case across all the entire country.

Q4. Which do you do most, Interstate, Intrastate, or International shipping?
Mostly, we do international shipping, but we plan to diversify into all areas.

Q5. Which State or Country do you ship to most, and what items do you ship there?
90 of our shipments are carried out within Europe, and nearly half of those are in the Mediterranean. Several of our clients are based in the Persian Gulf
and Asia. In Europe, the economic crisis is still having a negative effect on the market, which is why we decided to open an office in NY and start operating
in the US and Canada. We handle virtually any type of industrial transportation. The only thing we’ve never done, and never plan to do, is private transportation.

Please let me know if this FAQ was of any help to you.

Thank you,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: this email including any attachments is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the
reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
are strictly prohibited from reading, disseminating, distributing or
copying this communication. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission.

If the company is planning on expanding their business in the U.S., and claim to be a company headquarted in Europe, then why would they be considering opening up a office in the area that they originated? Anyhow, the email below did not sit well with me and I declined the opportunity. Thank God for intuition!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply all|
To:
Patrick C. Vaughn, B2B Transportation Network Co. <[email protected]>; Mon 1/18/2016 10:41 AM
Hi Patrick,

I have some questions and concerns.

I currently work full time and tend to get off work after 6pm (PST). That only gives me weekends and/or possibly evenings to dedicate at least an hour (a day) to the would be project. Before I would agree to work with this project, I need to know whether or not with time zones will be an issue.

What are the current suppliers that B2B transportation normally works with (in terms of obtaining office equipment)?
Are the suppliers local or international?
Will email be the only line of communication between myself and the would be supplier?
Is there a contact number and person to call in the event that I have additional questions and concerns?

My concern and I do apologize for this, is the legitimacy of this project. With whom in the procurement department will I be in contact with during this project or will I maintain contact with you?

I will need more information and reassurance that I am on the right track. Is it possible to further discuss this over the phone?

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PC
Patrick C. Vaughn, B2B Transportation Network Co. <[email protected]>
|
To:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Mon 1/18/2016 8:52 AM
xxxxxxxxxx, I’m writing to let you know that I’ve set up an interesting project for you in our procurement department – something
to keep you occupied and earn you some pocket-money whilst you’re doing the training. We’re currently opening a new office in Europe and they
need several items of equipment – things like laptops, cameras and phones. Apparently, our procurement department won’t be able to find any
reasonably priced suppliers for at least another month, and obviously the office needs the equipment in order to be up and running in time
for the official opening. The department have therefore decided to take on part-time managers to source the necessary items until they
sign a permanent agreement with the suppliers.

[b][b]You’ve done well in the test; your resume is very impressive and our psychologists have given you an excellent report,
[/b]
so you should have no problem getting onto the program.

The position comes with a salary of $400 a week. There will be approximately 5 hours’ work per week. The job will mainly involve purchasing
computer equipment online – laptops, scanners, printers and the like. Finance will send you a manual explaining how to access funds
and make payments. If you have any questions in that area, please contact them immediately. As well as your salary, they will also
be sending your commission on a weekly basis. You won’t be required to share any of your personal information.

The job will run concurrently with your stage one training, i.e. it finishes after you’ve taken your final training test. It’s not only a nice
way to earn a little extra cash, it’ll also give you some great practical experience, which will be a distinct advantage in the long run.
Furthermore, it'll earn you some extra training points, which will come in very handy against the stiff competition in CA. If you’re interested
in applying (and I strongly advise it), just let me know and I’ll pass the info on to the training department.

By the way, if you do take this job it will improve your prospects significantly and double the size of your training
paycheck ($4,000 instead of standard $2,000). It’ll also put you in line for a much better paid position with the company.
The project is due to start tomorrow, so please let me know asap.

[/b]

According to this person, if I complete all of the weekly tests and pass the 'final' exam, then the company claims that they will cover my expenses and fly me to New York to meet the Vice President and CEO. To be honest, I am not sure if I will flying into impending doom or into danger. I will not embark on that journey just to be on the safe side.

Folks, I am very inclined to believe that this is just too good to be true. I've been looking for a new job since last summer (although I am currently employed with a real company). I have a lot more email communication and electronic copies of the study materials and test from B2B Transportation network. I checked out their website: http://www.b2btn.com and it looks ok but I have my doubts.

I called the numbers that were provided (indicated in the email above) (646-217-0901 & 646-217-0907) and can't get a hold of anyone. Mr. Patrick Vaughn indicated in the email above that they are having new phone lines installed and will be up and running next week. That does not make any sense to me.

The BIG question is, how the hell do I get out of this and how can I block this company, this individual?
Has anyone every encountered this and what did you do? What should I do? How do I protect myself?

Any additional questions are appreciated so is any feedback that you may have.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.
Advertisement

#282025 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Hello veegee0815,
This appears to be a reshipping scam. DO NOT accept any packages from unknown sources. If you receive a check from this fake company do not deposit the check as it will be fake/stolen.

Ignore all telephone calls and emails from this criminal and be sure to keep copies of all of the emails in the event that you need them at a later date to show the authorities.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#282031 by Mike Wilson Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:38 pm
If you have not received any check or goods from the scammer then you can file a report

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

if you have received anything via USPS, check this page to see if it applies to your situation https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/cont ... laint.aspx

The website has been posted for possible take down.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#282035 by HillBilly Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:09 am
veegee0815 wrote:The BIG question is, how the hell do I get out of this and how can I block this company, this individual?
Just stop all communications. Delete any emails from them ( your email program / system may have a "block" feature built into it... you will need to see if it does and how to use it). Chances are good they will change their email address after they figure out you don't want to communicate with them anymore. So be careful of unrecognized email names and addresses. Best just to delete unknowns without even opening them.

veegee0815 wrote: What should I do? How do I protect myself?

there are a lot of details missing. I don't know if they don't exist, or if you just thought they weren't important. Here are the basics.
Chances are good your scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal your ID, they only wanted your money. They can now impersonate you, though.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

If you gave out your bank info then call your bank's fraud department and tell them the story and ask what your options are.

If you get money deposited into the account that you are not expecting, reverse the deposit immediately and notify your local police.

#282107 by veegee0815 Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:57 pm
HillBilly wrote:
veegee0815 wrote:The BIG question is, how the hell do I get out of this and how can I block this company, this individual?
Just stop all communications. Delete any emails from them ( your email program / system may have a "block" feature built into it... you will need to see if it does and how to use it). Chances are good they will change their email address after they figure out you don't want to communicate with them anymore. So be careful of unrecognized email names and addresses. Best just to delete unknowns without even opening them.

veegee0815 wrote: What should I do? How do I protect myself?

there are a lot of details missing. I don't know if they don't exist, or if you just thought they weren't important. Here are the basics.
Chances are good your scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal your ID, they only wanted your money. They can now impersonate you, though.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to http://www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

If you gave out your bank info then call your bank's fraud department and tell them the story and ask what your options are.

If you get money deposited into the account that you are not expecting, reverse the deposit immediately and notify your local police.

veegee0815 wrote:Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and followed the instructions you indicated and created alerts on google. I also contacted the BBB in the metropolitan New York area and received an email this morning. A mediator from the BBB stated that she did "not see them listed" and "however that does not mean that they are not a valid business. If you think it was a scam you should contact the Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Fraud." This is quite frustrating. The only information I provided at the time because they needed to run a "background check" before the start of "training" was my D.O.B., my address, and email on the pre employment agreement I completed in late December. I guess it doesn't take much information these days to steal an identity. What else would you recommend?
#282162 by HillBilly Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:03 am
uw. if they are / were a real business in NY, then they would be listed as such on the NY Division of corporations website here : http://www.dos.ny.gov/corps/bus_entity_search.html I'm going to say I am 99 and 44/100% certain you won't find them listed there. I won't waste my time checking :D

#282357 by HannahsDad Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:04 pm
B2B Transportation Network at http://b2btn.com

About B2B TN

B2B TN is one of the leading international logistics companies specializing in all kinds of machinery, industrial and mining equipment. We provide reliable supply chain solutions including transportation, integrated logistics services, warehousing, heavy-cargo forwarding, project logistics, and import/export consulting services. From 2010 the company has passed to the international financial reporting standards (IFRS).

B2B TN launches innovative services to impress our clients with efficient and sophisticated logistics support and high level of equipment (we use speed controls and anti-slip technology). We create the best solutions that provide a sustainable landed cost and service levels.

Our advanced approach along with the attention to detail is the continuous improvement with high quality service that is significantly higher than industry standards. We use our years of experience to create and implement global supply chain solutions because we love what we do.

Career with B2B Transportation Network Co.

Extended throughout the world (EU, Asia, US) B2B TN becomes one of the fastest growing international companies. We are on the way to expand throughout the United States and Canada markets; that is why the most important step is to find qualified and appropriate applicants to perform forward logistics solutions. By means of our updated training program, we increase the number of potential candidates, as the training materials and highly experienced and motivated managers provide the strengthened arrangement of prospective employees.

We guarantee you competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit package, the international experience with lots of travelling possibilities, diversity of positions and career growth.
Your confidential resumes are highly expected at [email protected] (For Patrick C. Vaughn)
If you have some hesitations or questions you may also use: +1 646 217 0907

6 Snow Hill, London EC1A 2AY, United Kingdom
Phone/Fax: +44 20 3286 3501

EU Department:
Manchester
AD: 40 Princess St., Manchester M1 6DE, United Kingdom
PH/FX: +44 161 298 3501
E: [email protected]
Liverpool
AD: 43 Canning St., Liverpool L8 7NN, United Kingdom
PH/FX: +44 151 324 3501
Marseille
AD: 23 Place de la Joliette, 13002 Marseille, France
PH/FX: +33 4 91 81 3501
ASIA Dept:
Hong Kong
AD: Lippo Centre Tower 2, 89 Queensway, Hong Kong, China
PH/FX: +8 52 8125 6501
NORTH AMERICA Dept:
New York
AD: 375 Park Ave., 6th floor, New York, NY 10152, United States of America
PH/FX: +1 646 217 0901
Montreal
AD: 442 St. Gabriel Suite 100, Rue Saint Gabriel, Montreal, QC H2Y 2Z9, Canada
PH/FX: +1 514 872 6501

#282686 by MiriamArvizu Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:32 pm
HOLYSHIT.......I was getting ready to do the training course for day 2 from this company. I googled search "B2B Transportation Export Prohibited Articles" and saw this website. I had a feeling it was not legit. I decided to do some research on these as*holes so, I looked up their address is New York (375 Park Ave, 6th floor., New York, NY 10152 which is Seagram Bldg) and on the 6th floor its not even B2B Transportation. So, I called the number for that building and was advised the entire floor is a Wells Fargo Bank. I was very upset to so I sent an email to the FBI regarding the job offer. The reason I was upset because these fvckn idiots are trying to find a way to use Americans with a company that supposedly transport oil and gas according to the email that was first that was sent to me. So, pretty pissed off they are trying anyway possible to get information about shipping information.
For example: PART 1 LIST ONE: Terms and Conditions
Instructions for management training. Part I.
Customer Relations Regulation Verify That Cargo Can Be Shipped Part 1.

Determine if service restrictions apply to either country of origin or country of destination. Verify that cargo can be shipped to or from the United States and a specific country. Please, take a look at two lists.

List 1: List of B2B Transportation Export Prohibited Articles (Verify for Export)
Restricted and Prohibited Items
The following items may be shipped to countries outside the United States, where service is allowed, on a contractual basis only:
-Alcoholic beverages*
-Dangerous goods
-Diagnostic specimens
-Perishables
-Personal effects**
-Plants
-Seeds
-Tobacco
The following items may be shipped by B2B Transportation but are restricted to specific quantities, size and/or value: -Airline Tickets
-Ammunition
-Artwork
-Dangerous Goods

INTERESTING ISNT IT......I wish I could be face to face with these idiots and f*ck them up, rude as* people trying to us this USA WOMAN TO DO THERE DIRTY WORK
#282698 by Terminator5 Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:43 pm
Thanks for posting . Your post will help warn other potential victims . Please feel free to add any email addresses or phone numbers that you were contacted from .

Daniel 8 :25
#315754 by Peace0320 Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:01 am
This scam happened to me today in the exact process it happened to you. I received several email cooresponds from a Joesp with Essar Transpartation Networt Co LLC in London as well as congratulating me on passing the second test and this is the tird week.

I was offered the opportunity to work a PT project during training starting today and was sent a manual to transfer money from the company account to my personal credit card to pay for their new office opening in London which the suppose to be an headquarters already there..

I sent an email reply back asking several questions indicating I am not comfortable with transferring money from someone else account to my personal card. I waited for n responds. Something told me this is fraud and don't continue with his company. When I googled Essar TN it ties to B2B Transportation with the exact same emils to you I received.

I am glad I did noir and was not going to follow through. I'm trying to wonder how these people got my email address. I think their trying to scam a real company with out the LLC and get equipments to sell and have people like us looking for work in jail.

Stay away from this company. I will repost this with current company name ... Essar Tranportation Network LLC...
#315758 by Terminator5 Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:39 am
Ukrainian Registered fake domain at essartransportation.com .

646-583-3135

Employment recruitment onsite .

Daniel 8 :25