Room for Rent and other rental scams
#282186 by Michelle Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:01 am
<[email protected]> wrote:

Hello

I hope this finds you happy, healthy and well today. My wife and I own the house and also want you to know that it was my transfer to (NORTH CAROLINA) that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person and God fearing person who can take very good care of the house in my absence..we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own.So for now, We are in NORTH CAROLINA and will be staying here for the next 5 to 6 Years in our new house and we are also with the document of the house for rent, we try to look for another Agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not find, and we as well do not want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took the keys and the necessary paper works of my house along with us. i am currently in NORTH CAROLINA for an international followers of the Christian faith taking place at our new church West side Church of Christ in NORTH CAROLINA USA. I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the House.. The House is very big and nice and it is in a nice area I have received many proposals today for my property but my wife and i want to give you this great opportunity to rent this house because we made the house inexpensive just because we believed even the poor and rich deserve a home to live So i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house. So get back to me if you know you would handle our house with care or perhaps experience you have in renting home.i will send picture of the house to you when you get back to me in out next mail, Hope you are okay with the price of $800 per month and the security Deposit is $700.

THIS is THE ADDRESS OF THE HOUSE: (6827 Elverton Dr,Oakland, CA 94611)

I believe you have see how lovely it is if from only the pictures you saw in my posting compare to the 100% comfort to be derived from it as an occupant. Please note that you will only be able to drive by the house for now but can’t have a look at the interior until i have sent the keys and documents of the house to you.

Great 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home located in newer area of Oakland.
Amenities include:
Central Heat and Air
Dishwasher
Gas Stove
Refrigerator
Washer/Dryer
Fenced Backyard
Sprinkler System
Walk in Closet .. utilities included, Water, Gas, electricity, Sewer, Garbage, Cable ready,well trained pet is allowed e.t.c Facilities also include: Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer e.t.c

Text only (954) 228-5641 after

filling out rental application.

RENT APPLICATION
--------------------------------------------
1)Your Full Name______________________________
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number______________________________
3)Marital Status?___________________________________________
4)How many people will be living in the house_________________________
5)Do you have a pet______________________________
6)Do you have a car______________________________
7)Occupation______________________________
8)When will you like to move in?____________________________
9)How long are you willing to stay in the property.
11)When are you ready to Move In?________________
12)How Many Months are you willing to rent?_______________
13) How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1month OR 3 months )
14)EARLIEST POSSIBLE DATE OF DEPOSIT
PAYMENT:______

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details so that i can have them in my file in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you. Your quick response will be highly appreciated so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my property to you via FedEx next delivery package..May GOD bless you and your family.

Text only (954) 228-5641

Regards.

Jeffery Wayne

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement