Fake banks, couriers, law firms, escrow and other fake sites used in scams.
#278769 by HannahsDad Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:31 pm
Stolen identity: Lorian Transport at http://www.lorian-transport.co.uk

Lorian Transport acts as an "Escrow Company" between a Buyer and a Seller on the Internet, to create trust and security in online transactions. Often this service is used in the person-to-person market where transactions are created at online auctions or marketplaces (e.g.: eBay, AutoTrader, mobile.de, AutoScout24, etc). Lorian Transport operates in more than 10 countries and will soon expand on a worldwide scale. We provide a safe and neutral environment to complete your online transactions. Beside our Escrow Solutions we also offer Delivery Solutions at best prices.

Steals the identity of a legitimate skip hire company
Lorian Transport Ltd
Company Registration No.: 01603069
Ringley Road, Whitefield Manchester, Greater Manchester M45 7XP United Kingdom
Phone #: +441616671315
Fax #: +441618701400
Email: [email protected]

Complaints to [email protected]

Advertisement

#279430 by Rudi Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:50 am
Do you have a tip on how to see if I got scammed?
I've got a bad feeling about it. I've purchased a vehicle through their service and it's suspose to be delivered this evening but my emails are not being responded and their phone number says there are no representatives available.

PS: Lorian Transport was referred to me by a guy, Matthias Rohde, who was selling his car via autoscout24.de . He told me he moved to Manchester where Lorian Transport is located.

I did check email headers, they looked alright. And I've compared the photo's in the car add with the sellers given location (in Germany) and they seemed to match as well.
Also checked the company data here: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01603069 which also all looks valid.
#279434 by AlanJones Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:13 am
As HannahsDad indicated above, the real Lorian Transport Ltd are a skip hire company. They do not transport vehicles, so I am sorry to say that you have been scammed and the car will not be arriving. The company data you looked at looks valid because it is for the real company, whose identity has been stolen.

The only safe way to buy something as large as a car is viewing it in person, anyone suggesting Escrow services or expecting you to pay any money for a car before you have physically sat inside it is a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#279445 by Rudi Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:38 am
Is there anything I can post here to prevent this from happening in the future?
Email headers or something?

Is there a place where I can report this? The British police?
#279449 by HannahsDad Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:04 pm
The UK equivalent of the US IC3 is Action Fraud.
You can report the fraud at
http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report ... line-crime

#279495 by vonpaso xlura Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:45 pm
If you have emails, post them with bodies and headers. The headers may not be of much use, since the domain has a website; the bodies tell the story of the scam. Then we'll start the process of reporting the domain for fraud.

ETA: I had to look up "skip hire". A "skip" is a huge open-top garbage container of the sort often seen at construction sites. A skip-hire company carries away these full garbage containers and replaces them with empty ones.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#281174 by Rudi Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 am
Just noticed the website got taken down, so I'm guessing some action has already been taken against them.
Thanks for the tip on Action Fraud, I've send in a report about two weeks ago.
Also reported it to the Dutch police but as usual they are of no help... didn't even get a non automated response yet.