Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#278049 by Janicaz Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 am
Hey,

I'm selling my DSLR camera with several accessories online and got 2 messages on the same day as I put the ad up.

A woman replied wanting to buy it for her daughter in Italy (I live in Spain and the camera is located in Spain).

She wrote to me in really bad spanish and after a few mails replied in english (also not very good english).

She immediately sent me all the shipment details and wanted my bank details to make the transfer ASAP and I got a confirmation e-mail the same evening.

The woman's e-mail address is: [email protected]

This is the confirmation e-mail I got from this e-mail address: [email protected]

WIRE TRANSFER CONFIRMATION APPROVED # BB625200683*** ( MERCHANDISE )‏

Dear ********** ,

This is to certify that you have received a money transfer sent to you by Our Customer at the Banco Bradesco Branch ( United Kingdom) and it has been sent successfully, we are sending you this message as a Confirmation of the Money Transfer.

The money transfer sent to you as a Payment for a auction/Classified ads which has been approved and successful.

This email was submitted as the receiver email and that is why we are sending you this message as a confirmation of the transfer made to you through our bank Business Solutions.

ON-LINE SECURE BANK TO BANK TRANSFER ORDER
SENDER INFORMATION

NAME: Laura Marcy Desmond
ADDRESS: MILFORD HAVEN,PEMBROKESHIRE
U.K

RECEIVER INFORMATION
NAME: **********

RECEIVER BANK DETAIL
Iban *******
Bic *******

FINANCIAL DETAILS
COST: €1,180.56 EUR
Item Name:
Canon EOS 600D con 3 objetivos + tripode

TRANSACTION ID: BB625200683

Date 10.12.2015
Branch Name U.K Office

Customer Number 31914204
Account Number 65-38-17 31914204
Tax ID 392587993
Operation Place INTERNET

Reference Number :14.46.83.997184

INFORMATION ON HOW THE MONEY WILL BE ACTIVATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT

1.The Transfer has been made successfully but activation is on HOLD for security reasons.

2.The money will be activated/ released to your account after you send the Item(s) involved to the specified address.

3.The Money Transfer cannot be cancelled for security reasons.

4.You do not need to go to your bank now because the money is not yet activated and that is why we are sending you this message as a confirmation of the transfer.

5.After the shipment is made, the full amount will be activated to your account..

6.For you to send us the Shipment Information, just reply to this message directly and send us the Information.

If you have any Question Contact us by Clicking HERE

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We want you to go ahead and make the shipment of the Item involved in this transaction to the specified address and send us the shipment tracking information for us to verify it and we will release the Full amount to your account.

NOTE : IF THE SHIPMENT IS NOT SENT, THIS MAY CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE GOVERNMENT.

THIS TRANSACTION IS BEEN MONITORED AND SUPERVISED BY THE FBI AND INTERPOL.

SHIPPING ADDRESS
Name : Ola Desire Desmond
Address : Via Parma 6.
City : Napoli
Postal Code : 80143

We need you to send us this Information below after you have made the shipment for our verification :

Shipment Tracking Number
Shipment Company

NOTE : For you to send us the information, You are to reply to this email without changing the subject of the message for easy recognition.

If you need any help CLICK HERE to contact the Customer Service representative for Online business solution or call us at +44 750 975 4223

Bradesco Bank International, United Kingdom branch
Contact us

Copyright © 2015 Bradesco Bank United Kingdom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called the bank telephone number and no one picked up. Then I got a call back from that number and when I took the call they hung up immediately…

Obviously I have many reasons to believe this is a scam, could you confirm?

What should I do, just not reply anymore?

Now the other person that replied to my add also seems a little suspicious to me… He also wants to buy the "article" as a present for a friend in Scotland. He also sent me all the shipment details directly without even asking for more photos of the articles I'm selling or how often they were used or how old they are etc… (just like the woman) and he also wants me to send it to a person with another name and address than his.

He also wrote me in very bad spanish. Also the Site I have my article listed on is a spanish website to sell things in Spain… So I was a little surprised that 2 people from other countries contacted me to buy the item.

I would be very grateful if you guys could confirm my suspicion!

Thanks in advance :)
Advertisement

#278053 by AlanJones Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 am
They are both scams.

Banks do not put payments on hold. If you have been paid then the money will be in your account and only scammers refer to the "article" or "item" that you are selling as it saves them having to customise their script with the details.

Just block them and don't respond to them any more.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.