The scammer's basic kit; photos of widows and orphans, passports, certificates and court documents, all guaranteed 100% fake or stolen
#273382 by c6ents4me Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:46 pm
I accepted someone as a friend on Facebook, because he was a mutual friend of a friend. I knew something was off because he had a name that obviously does not match his profile picture. He goes by the name, Abguri Emmanuel. I called him out on it, and I have not heard from him since. I just want to warn others out there about this guy. He portrays himself as an American military general, but he has no other friends that I am able to see, except my mutual friend. I have copied and pasted a chat convo and I will try to find and copy his pictures he has posted on his Facebook. When I'm on Facebook on my laptop, I can't find him in a facebook search nor does it let me reply on the chat. When I'm on my phone, on the other hand, I can find him and I can reply if I wanted to. I'm going to block him, here very soon, but, I don't want to tip him off because maybe others can see if anyone else can find out anything about this individual. Thank You! c6ents4me
Hello <him>
Saturday 8:26pm
Hello <me>

How are you doing today? <him>
Fine thank you. And you? <me>

I'm fine thank you. where are you from and how is the weather condition over there? <him>
23 hours ago
the weather is rainy, why? where are you and your weather situation? <me>
17 hours ago <him>

I'm presently now in Afghanistan on regard of the war and the weather condition over here is okay

There is a saying that it is difficult to find a prominent personnel of high principles who will be responsible online regards to good friendship and business productivity, tell me your opinion over this idea Well I guess you appreciate friendship.....right?
14 hours ago <me>
I guess I'm just curious to who you really are. I noticed your a mutual friend of James Herring. Your picture tells me one thing and your said name, another. But, I am one that follows her gut. I do agree with your statement. But, your name and picture do not fit, and your friend list is barren to my eye. Except with the exception of James. So with that being said, I am interested in, curious about personnel, because I know why I'm in school and what my objectives are when I graduate, that is if I can ever pass Algebra next Spring. So may I ask, what is your real name? Or what do you really look like? Because one is false, maybe both. I just know my inner voice told me to accept your friendship.

Okay just checked and the picture and profile has been taken down. (He used pictures of General John F. Kelly) Commander of Southcom
Advertisement

#273419 by HillBilly Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 am
hi and welcome, c6ents4me .

Not only did you call him out on his errors, but you pointed them out to a specific degree that he had absolutely no recourse to. In other words, he couldn't lie his way out of his lies. Now he might even see some of the error in his ways and learn how to be a better scammer because he knows to check those things ...

Never ever confront a scammer with the lies you have found from him. Simply come to a site like this one, and post his lies, email address, fake pictures ( marked appropriately so the real victims are not victimized twice), phone #'s and any other data you have on the scammer.

At least with the data posted he is easier to follow. What he has done now is created another fake ID ( or 10), and now no one will learn of these new ID's until either someone becomes a victim or close enough to it to ask why this doesn't seem right.

see this article for more information about why we should not report fake, free profiles :
http://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopi ... =11&t=3884

#273457 by c6ents4me Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:21 pm
Hillbilly,
Hi and thank you for your response. I wish I would handled it differently In hindsight, but, unfortunely I didn't know about this sight until after I responded. I am new to this scam thing, but appreciate your advice because now if it happens again I will know what to do. It's unfortunate that his happens as much as the does, but after seeing so many other victims on here it is a real wake up call for me.
Thanks again! C6ents4me
#273460 by HillBilly Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:26 pm
6cents,

we are all human, and we have all had at least one "first time" dealing with these scumbag, jerk ( and insert your other most favorite pronouns, adjectives and adverbs here) liars.

There is nothing wrong with being trusting, it is a great quality to possess. but do remember that trust is earned, not given. Or differently stated, trust, but verify.

Here is good info about military impersonators : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

and the romance scam section has other good information so you can learn how to protect yourself.

#302988 by concern_dg Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:57 am
Hi where to report fake profile pictures from facebook? those military impostor?
thanks much